Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Pharaoh Rebirth+ is a fun video game. Originally released as a freeware title in Japan, published by Nico Nico Douga, it was later translated to English and ported to Steam by DegiGames. You should buy it for $10. Inspired by Mega Mans and Metroidvanias, it's an item-collecting, level-based platformer. You play as a funny meme rabbit called Jonathan and his ears can turn into a paper plane. It is good.

Q: Is this an 100% playthrough?
A: Yes.

Q: Is this a no-death run?
A: No.

Q: Are you skipping all the funny dialogue?
A: Yes.

Q: Why?
A: Because there's a lot of funny dialogue and if I didn't each video would be an hour long. Also, I'm bad at video games.

Q: Why are you bad at video games?
A: It's genetic.

Q: when's neopets?

Suspicious Dish fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
I don't need this post but it's forums tradition to reserve it.

NeruVolpi
Apr 23, 2016
I just took the longest time to realize the other dude was a turtle. Even though that should be obvious.

It is just the first episode but it was clear why you want to skip the dialog. It really gets kinda annoying after some time.

Keep up the good work. Waiting for more!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
the translation seems competent but would need more editing to sound natural

i like how it has the stoneflower enemies from castlevania

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

This feels like a Metroidvania (gameplay) meeting Metal Gear (words, words, woooooords; the boss).

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

La Metroidvania Cave Gear Knight Souls

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rigged Death Trap posted:

La Metroidvania Cave Gear Knight Souls

Mighty No. The Thousand Year Door: Portrait of Ruin

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
This game's art style seems a bit suspicious.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Art really reminds me of La Mulana and Cave Story. Guess its just a japanese indie platformer thing.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Those are two of the biggest indie Metroidvania titles in Japan. Probably THE biggest, so it's no surprise to see other games cribbing their style. Alas, even La Mulana made my decrepit, lovely laptop wheeze like a dying man so this one's just not happening. I'll have to play vicariously through the LP.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mahone is totally Arikado, wow.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Totally watching this.

Also, hi dish

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Man, I picked this game up on a whim months ago and was not disappointed. Game's got a lot of charm and is fully aware of how dumb it is. Glad to see you guys giving it a good presentation.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

-Terrible ASSwan pun-

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Was the whole business about Amenofus a reference to the recent "The Mummy" films, or something older? I recall enjoying the first two as goofy horror-comedies but it's been years since I've seen either.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Nile is a pretty rad place that will get you pretty mixed up on your first playthrough. And yeah, the music is fantastic.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
I can't believe you passed up the opportunity to wreck Jack's drone

Kinfolk910
Nov 5, 2010
So if the grails are used so that you cannot die from the curse by being immortal... And you got a book of the dead that brings you back from being dead. Doesn't that effectively do the same thing? You die from the curse and then the book revives you?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

CountryMatters posted:

I can't believe you passed up the opportunity to wreck Jack's drone

Please do not be rude to Jack.

Kinfolk910 posted:

So if the grails are used so that you cannot die from the curse by being immortal... And you got a book of the dead that brings you back from being dead. Doesn't that effectively do the same thing? You die from the curse and then the book revives you?

The book only brings you back to life once. The curse kills you over and over again. There is a deep and rich lore hidden within Pharaoh Rebirth+, and I know all of it.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I'm liking this LP so far, but that co-commentator you brought on sounds like a total loser.

• Locked thread