Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
A WILD MATTHEW DELLAVEDOVA APPEARS!!! DO YOU...
Shoot it
Give it the old Australian greeting: a gut punch
Draw your hanzo steel
Ask it "WHAT'S THE DEEEEAAALLLLL WITH VEGEMITE?"
Tell it "you're too cunty, mate"
Pray to Goku that your balls may survive the encounter
Whittle some fake legs out of wood for it to dive at for no reason
Shoot it again just to be safe
View Results

• Locked thread
Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Beisner_cn2/status/739641647114375168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

win at least ONE for the land, lebron

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Spacebump posted:

A better/slightly more successful version of Elgin Baylor would also work.

People forget how insane Elgin Baylor was. He averaged 38, 18 and 5 one year despite only being able to play on weekends because he got loving drafted into the army

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I don't know how somebody could watch these games and think that LeBron is the problem

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, this game loving sucked.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7SuBBpLX-A

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

I wouldn't be that cocky. A slightly better at threes OKC would have taken down GSW.

Yep

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

MO BUCKETS THERE WE GO NOW I CAN REST

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

this is loving hilarious

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Sausage Party looks good as hell.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The Glumslinger posted:

People forget how insane Elgin Baylor was. He averaged 38, 18 and 5 one year despite only being able to play on weekends because he got loving drafted into the army

He is easily the best player to never win a title.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Raining 3s!

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Spacebump posted:

I wouldn't be that cocky. A slightly better at threes OKC would have taken down GSW.

They literally played the best they or maybe anyone has ever played and it wasn't enough. The odds of them playing that well and GS playing that poorly through 4 again seems insanely low. Of course they COULD win but they probably won't. And no one else will.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what do y'all think pat riley is doing now

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Didn't know that NEAT!!

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
how many passes have gone through dudes arms tonight. like 6 at least

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
warriors TRYING to take their foot off the gas but it's not working

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Winkie01 posted:

She's single again boys!!!

Taylor's super-bi, Taylor's the best.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

It's kind of a shame that a team as great as the Warriors only needed to beat 1 elite team to get two titles.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Spacebump posted:

John stockton exists.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

The Duggler posted:

I don't know how somebody could watch these games and think that LeBron is the problem

Nothing he's done in this series has been impressive relative to his own general performance. The Warriors superstars have been pretty muted as well though. It's been a deep spread of Warriors talent widely outplaying their counterparts man for man down the line.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
If only Kyrie and Love were healthy

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
LeBron like what the gently caress was I thinking?!?!?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

sassage partey

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

what do y'all think pat riley is doing now

brooding

same as always

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Watching the Cavs against the warriors is like watching the raptors against the Cavs. They suddenly forget how to play basketball and just give the game away

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I Love You! posted:

They literally played the best they or maybe anyone has ever played and it wasn't enough. The odds of them playing that well and GS playing that poorly through 4 again seems insanely low. Of course they COULD win but they probably won't. And no one else will.

Durant is a better 3 point shooter normally. But I also said with slightly improved 3 point shooting, that can easily be solved in the offseason.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Spacebump posted:

Its really a shame that he hosed up his knee so badly, he should have had a lot more years at his peak. The saddest Elgin Baylor fact is that he retired midway through 71-72, and that was the year the Lakers finally got a title

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

lmfao Cavs

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

E2M2 posted:

If only Kyrie and Love were healthy

I guess we'll never know if the Warriors could beat a healthy Cavs

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
This finals is such poo poo, and the quicker they fuckin get rid of conferences the better. gently caress you Cavs... you done me wrong!! :kingsley:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

One of these characters is voiced by Edward Norton.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Its really a shame that he hosed up his knee so badly, he should have had a lot more years at his peak. The saddest Elgin Baylor fact is that he retired midway through 71-72, and that was the year the Lakers finally got a title

Lol

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Spacebump posted:

It's kind of a shame that a team as great as the Warriors only needed to beat 1 elite team to get two titles.

This is a really good Cleveland team and that OKC team was the hottest team in the history of basketball when they beat them, I think maybe it's a case where the good teams are stratostrophically great right now.

Between the WCF and the finals I believe GSW is facing down the highest combined ELO in history so acting like they aren't facing incredible competition is pretty whack

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.
The league should force the dubs to play one game where Luke, Kerr and Jarron Collins suit up.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Metapod posted:

Didn't know that NEAT!!

Here's a good story about the early NBA involving Elgin: http://a.espncdn.com/nba/columns/aldridge/1036857.html

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

nice

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

just awesome all around

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

They literally started the famous 33 game win streak the game after he retired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Femur posted:

John stockton exists.

Elgin Baylor is better. Stockton had the best power forward ever to play the game* most of his career. If you can't get it done with the best ever at a position playing most of their career with you, you aren't the best never to win a title. It's not like they had a bad coach.

*At the time, since then at least two have been better

• Locked thread