Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I hope the AI gets more aggressive in future runs, geez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Well, I got my wish for a more aggressive AI this round.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Polynesia

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Frozen_flame posted:

Finally a successful invasion of Russia by the French.

While Catherine the Great pouts and keeps offering the many historic "How Bout NOW" peace treaties.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

ZeButler posted:

So, that decision to declare war on Alex doesn't seem to be going too well, considering you got just about every city state in the area at war with you too. I am kind of surprised that Austria hasn't been fighting Alex for the city states, though. I'm also surprised by her going to war with you, then signing a white peace about 5 turns later. The AI can be silly.

Perhaps she fully intended to go to war until she saw how many units were waiting. I hope they're not just blowing smoke about the AI being more sophisticated in VI.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I never dreamed my wish for aggressive AI would lead to this.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

btw the complete Civ V is currently a little over 12 bucks. Yay summer sale.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Never stop chanting, it brings me joy.

MoaiMoaiMoaiMoai

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Old Grey Guy posted:

We need to weaponise the Moai.

MoaiMoaiMoai

We can at least dream this is an option... unless Civ VI is really amazing.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I've been waiting to post this, the theme for the run: https://youtu.be/caAZ5Vm9ZtM

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

If only they hadn't voted to ban nuclear proliferation (almost as if the AI knew what you were plotting), things wouldn't have been quite so close. Good show anyway.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

psluuthor posted:

Given that you went liberty, war with William seems inevitable. May as well crush him ASAP.

Yeah, seize those cities he's not even using his trait for, you can put them to better use.

Hope Pride was fun btw

We don't do it here until the fall because otherwise we'd melt from the humidity. Friggin South. :bahgawd:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Because of this thread I started actually paying attention to the Civ 6 previews and goddamn Scythia looks like it'll appropriately be a monster to deal with.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Moxie posted:

:ohdear: That was a rough couple of turns. Hopefully that clutch coup destresses Fargle a bit.

Are the Dutch known for being infinitely spiteful?

I imagine they do get tired of all the longstanding jokes at their expense out there.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Captain Fargle posted:

I had missed that you were doing one! Will be catching up with it when I have time over the next few days.

EDIT: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770533

His thread for anyone who is curious! You should check it out and learn some Portuguese! Also Piety start as Portugal with no resources around for a good Faith Pantheon. lol

Goons are always cruel to the imaginary Civ citizenry.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I'm surprised you didn't get any guff for curb stomping Monty. I find early game wars usually make everyone turn on you, but maybe Monty being the one to declare is why you're good.

It was only self defense, after all. :mmmsmug:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

This is such a weird map. I keep thinking flat earthers must only play with this setting just for vindication.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Oh those crafty Celts.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Well, I'm glad things are going better in the general sense, at least.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Do what you gotta do, man. We're pulling for you.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

LPs have had much longer delays for no good reason. You've got a good reason. Just pick it back up when you feel like it. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I understand all to well where you're at right now. :( Do whatever you need to do for you. If continuing this feels good at some point, cool. If not, gently caress it.

I'm sorry this country is full of fuckheads, and that it keeps affecting the rest of the world.

• Locked thread