Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I actually had two, similar problems, but I'm proud to say that I fixed one myself. The following, though, has been annoying me for multiple years and my Google-fu has been for naught.

Problem description: I have on my iPad (v5) a 24-volume set of scans of a series of rare foreign-language books. Each volume = one book and has its own individually-named folder. In each folder/volume, the first page is named 001.jpg, the second 002.jpg and so on to the very end. In 23 of the 24 volumes, the pages display in "natural" file name order, but it in volume 21, for some reason, the pages display out of order despite the same nomenclature and file formats. As this is a book and not just a random collection of pretty pictures, order is rather important.

Attempted fixes: I renamed the .jpg scans to 001.jpg etc just to make sure it wasn't a slight difference in characters, but nothing changed.

Recent changes: No, this has been a slight niggle for me since I bought this pad; I've never been able to figure it out.

--

Operating system: The computer to which I sync my iPad runs Windows 7 Ultimate 64

System specs: I would say that that is not pertinent in this case.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes and yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Check out the Inspect Your Gadgets forum here, there's already likely a thread you could post this question in.

• Locked thread