Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

remember the horror website that randomly plays teleconference sentences and um idk there were some pictures that floated around. or maybe vectors. a place of existential dread. pretend i posted that.

e: lol yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Triglav posted:

"Click here to start meeting"

*Click*

*Redirects*

"Your meeting is scheduled for 11:35 AM. Please come back then."

*Refresh at 11:35 AM*

*Refresh at 11:36 AM*

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Beast of Bourbon posted:

I was on a call with a client today, and so was my partner. he's usually just riding shotgun to answer any major financial questions [he's the money], and it was going great. client was eating lunch, fairly quietly, was proceeding nicely. skype call, so you can tell who's making noise.

massive toilet flush from the partner's side. just like his phone was in the toilet bowl levels of clarity and loudness.

there was about 10 seconds of silence, and the client just bursts out laughing and laughing and my partner is like "wait what, i missed it, sorry i was on mute"

this is awesome lol

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

maniacdevnull posted:

click here to join the meeting

unless you dont work here

then just click here to go gently caress yourself

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Agile Vector posted:

mumble for devs would also be apropos

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Shaggar posted:

I guarantee the chat sucking is an artifact of how it stores the chats: in your outlook pst and not in real time.

lol what :prepop:

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Agile Vector posted:

maybe he made them himself???

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Glans Dillzig posted:

change "McDonald's" to "shamrock" and that's a 5

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

i got a new job recently, and last week i had to take an hour long hippa training. why i need hippa training is sort of nebulous in the first place but anyway this 'training' consisted of me sitting alone in a so-called collaboration space, watching a poorly compressed recording of a webx meeting. complete with beeps and boops, interruptions, and the occasional 500% volume blasts from the presenters mic. sweet.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

hippo

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Thanks Ants posted:

dude needs to realise there's a time and a place for that

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

same but win+e

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

i think yours is worse

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

I have a coworker who confuses "cc" and "attached".

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

i found out the hard way recently (new job) that my handset cannot be muted. cannot. theres a friendly microphone button with a red lamp which turns on and off but it Does Nothing unless youre on speaker phone. what the gently caress. thats like 2 weeks of people listening to me chomp and slurp.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

lmfao

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

one of my coworkers doesnt have a degree and i think hes real insecure about it. he uses so many technical terms when not necessary at all. some favorites i hear just about every day are 'leverage', 'container', 'regression', 'a utility i wrote' ..... :fuckoff:

like eg rather than write a query that joined tables x y z, he leveraged the poo table, 'essentially a container for chome data', to pull this report which aggregates dicks and lomarfs.

i mean there is a place for that but not 24/7

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Uncle Enzo posted:

shazbot!

shazbot!

shazbot!

shazbot!

shazbot!

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

mishaq posted:

enterprise application induced ptsd, lmao

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Thanks Ants posted:

this thread made me check to see if i could turn voicemail off on my phone, turns out i can

thanks thread

thanks ants

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

thants

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Penguissimo posted:

post the number

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Glans Dillzig posted:

meeting invite forwarded to you so you don't get the cancellation notice/room change/time change

ah... old friend

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

lol

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

4) We discovered that a server, managed by IBM, had been '# chmod 777 -R /'ed. The entire system was 777. So we got them on a call, one of those ones where it says peoples name when they join and drop. So we had us (the auditors) the people from the company and IBM on the call. We start walking them through the finding, hear someone say 'are you loving kidding me, who loving-' "John Smith, IBM has left the call"

lol

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

DuckConference posted:

It's real and the whole thread is good

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Thanks Ants posted:

"this time we introduce one system to replace three existing ones i swear we will only run all four alongside each other for a short transition period"

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

shat your pant

• Locked thread