Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lmao someone just used the 'call me' function on a webex and didn't pick up so they basically just dialed their voice mail into the call and its spewing 'message is too long' at everyone

we have to press 1 to join when we do that, now I understand why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

holy crap a guy on this call is on the bart train right now and trying to participate [for non bay people it's the world's loudest public transportation system that generates a piercing high-pitched resonant whine when it hits speed]

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

zoom is so bad for screen sharing and the application UI is awful much like my posting

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

carry on then posted:

i dunno why we need to move away from stmeetings honestly. if the host sets up the meeting to use audio it works fine as an all in one thing. there are much more old-rear end programs to get rid of, like our support ticket system from the literal 70s

switching cost is way lower for video chat/screen share/ip telephone solution du jour

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

just close the door while making the sorry face

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

duTrieux. posted:

companies let their IT people get away with loving murder

this is typically because the people in charge have spent the last 5 years ripping whatever the replacement for the now-busted system is out of the budget so they know it's 100% their fault

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I last used zoom a year ago, it has a little window that must be on top of all others at all times, you can't share individual windows, scaling is bad and overall it's a bit wonky

basically it's a pretty good video chat system with bad usability

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Wasabi the J posted:

Our workstations have 3 x 1600x1200 HP displays that I'm pretty sure are like 14 inches diag.

We do broadcast too ffs.

2x 20" 1600 x 900, the most shameful aspect ratio and sub-1080 resoution :smith:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Thanks Ants posted:

all conference room av systems are hot garbage unless they cost large amounts of :10bux: and even then that just lowers the temperature of the garbage. agreed?

depends on the office, ad agencies usually have at least one super kickass system for screening commercials to clients

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Corla Plankun posted:

do PMs make more figgies than developers?

emphatically no

product managers on the other hand do but that's a whole different job and you usually need an mba [even though lots of orgs saddle them with project management duties as well]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I just received an email from our it department entitled "get hyped for skype!" [pretty sure we'll still be using both sametime and jabber as well]

on a scale from 0 to MOP's "Ante Up" how hyped should I get?

• Locked thread