Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Even more so, last week he was setup in his living room since we are all wfh since our office on the 4th floor got flooded, and im pretty sure that means he's putting my video stream on the bigscreen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axSnW-ygU5g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

oh god, or get a job at a place that you care about

do that instead

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

my long term partner works at a non-profit regaarding humans rights issues in central/latin america and indgenous peoples

it kind of shines a light on how much personal value you could get out of a job.

You could also get a lil bit of that out of a company too. Something like less than 50 people big I guess, i dunno. I care about mine but i guess im lucky

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

make your dreams, their dreams!

:suicide:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I really shouldnt talk too much i guess, i brought my quiet electric guitar into my office and bought fruity loops and also unrelated have unity installed on my computer along with the kinect sdk

but i swear i havent used any of it for months! i been so busy!!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

watchin hidden figures, re-installin kerbal space

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

maniacdevnull posted:

Why did you uninstall it??? wth

new computer

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Guess it must be oscar season or somethihin

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Cold on a Cob posted:

same but also

The guy in that diablo GDC video mentioned how the pressure of a deadline helps

Sometimes I need all that time to procrastinate to become innovative

e: Im in the wrong thread....

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Bhodi posted:

boss just told me a story of trying to telepresence our senior vp in another state and a third group at the same time yesterday. our IT dept was able to make all 3 see each other but only groups 1 and 2 could hear. someone came up with the bright idea of just using their phones for the audio. every time someone talked, it would echo endlessly across those two groups until after 20 minutes of trying the meeting was scrubbed

the senior vp was also drinking a beer during this whole thing

whenever theres a solid echo that can reach feedback levels i make guitar noises or whatever to gently caress with the echo and ride at its edge like im doing wicked artificial harmonics

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

for sale, telepresence cart with hardware - never used

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The Aphasian posted:

we are implementing multi-factor authentication, affecting sharepoint, skype for business, and outlook. the preferred method is via the microsoft authenticator mobile app, so you just click "approve" in the notification when logging in.

an admin assistant in the technology department does not have a cellphone, so can't use the app, cell call or text message options. there is an option to call a different number, but our office phones are all lync phones tied into skype, so you can see why this is an issue.

Because the phones don't work or because each button press is a new SIP session?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

did a teams meeting today but the audio was so lovely we called into the conference line to get stable voice and continued the camera/screenshare via teams

i now see why gotomeeting wants to do it by default

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Rex-Goliath posted:

your boss owns

tahnk you for highlighting this post otherwise i would have scrolled over it

i wish my boss did this today instead of jerking off in a windtunnel or whatever the gently caress he was doing. all i wanted was a loving created_at date added to my loving gat dang export

ive done that before, its super duper easy. loving doin to get us signed and beacuse its so fuckin easy

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Cross postin the good times

KoRMaK posted:

Had to jump on a call tonight to make sure a major deployment went well. After explainin a bunch of poo poo I checked back in with my boss 50 minutes later. Asked him how it was going and he said "good! I'm about to run the finale migration" and I said

"WAIT - you gotta say the magic words"
then linke dhim to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKK4KmDlj8U
and this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4kBRC2co7Y

computers can be fun

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Mad Wack posted:

why would you do this to people

good thing the aclu was there because that poo poo is some sort of human rights violation

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Got a guy who goes real deep vocal fry and he does it real bad in meetings when I need him to elaborate things, and then he starts wandering. I'm eventually gonna have to coach him on it - bass drops out of audible range

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i kinda wanna know the backstory to this qa - are they always doing stuff like this?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

spotted on the whiteboard behind a cowoekr who was at home on a video conf today

called him out on it, was revealed as a joke - no worries, I believe him.

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 3, 2017

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Mad Wack posted:

hi team,
today i am attending a company townhall led by our cio via bluejeans

the topic is: what is #blockchain?

I interviewed at a place recently that was going to use blockchain in the online voting app the were developing as a means to have ensure security and integrity. Seemed like a pretty decent use of it. right?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Azathoth posted:

So, their idea is to either throw out the idea of the votes being private, which is pretty goddamn important, or implement a blockchain to track who voted and a separate system to track how they voted, or encrypt the vote on the blockchain and pray like hell that said encryption is never found to be flawed or broken by decades of technological advancement?

Or is "blockchain" indistinguishable from "database" nowadays?

gently caress...

I guess I assumed it meant encrypted results that get passed around back to the destintation, where they would count votes.

I was bamboozled

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

is it the loving playing with paper that is the center piece of that vid?

It sounded loud as gently caress compared to the call

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

graph posted:

today involved someone snorting boogers twice without muting

what kind of boogies??? Could be fun on that side of that phone

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

RISCy Business posted:

lol if you don't work with people you'd want to talk to outside of work

lol just lol if you don't wanna hang out with your co-workers

fuckin congrats on spending 2080 hrs a year with them. also, get married to someone you can barely stand

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/Miller_Center/status/867017272606380032

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Millstone posted:

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.

Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

somebody is spray paiting their handle, ubuntu, around town and last time I saw it I thought of how I would get this quote into a stencil sprayed next to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Dial into bridge

"Please enter your meeting I.D."

*beep boop beee dung dong boop*

"You did not enter any numbers"

lol

• Locked thread