Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
WELCOME TO BLUEJEANS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

KoRMaK posted:

went into the sprint meeting today with my new laptop

hooked it up to the TV and lady gaga came blasting out of the newly connected 72inch speakers.

Then I fumbled with the keyboard shortcut to mute audio - it was already indicating it was muted but a new device means that its on, so I pressed that like 3 times until I figured out that on meant off in this case.

My shame, heard in front of all my team.

This is technically an online meeting because 1 guy has to call in.

i have this happen every time i unplug my headphones. also with lady gaga

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Agile Vector posted:

loving blue jeans is
A W F U L  G A R B A G E
and i have no clue how they stay in business because nobody uses it again after the first time

we use it

i dont know why but it's fine I don't care, it's not the worst but it's not good

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
welcome to blue jeans

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Bloody posted:

lol if you don't start the call that way then just leave for the rest of the duration

bluejeans always defaults to video on, so you gotta make sure you turn it off every time you join a meeting.

i've got bluejeans installed on my Apple iPad Professional so if I have an early meeeting or whatever i just roll over in bed and hit "bluejeans" on my Apple iPad Professional

i'm playing a dangerous game

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
yeah i dont even think it's open source so idk why we're using it

blue jeans doesn't piss me off nearly as much as mojo, which we also use. mojo is just about the worst. but open source!!!

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
what the gently caress kind of a name is 'bluejeans' anyhow

it means i have to deal with people asking me 'you want to bj?' unironically

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
at my job, every single meeting is assumed to be an online meeting by default and while it definitely eats up about 5 minutes from every meeting, it ultimately works just fine and everyone has the etiquette down. it gets pretty routine and i'm confident it will get a lot better as online meetings become more and more embedded in our process.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

duTrieux. posted:

they key is for a ocmpany to standardize on something and stick to it long enough for inertia to take hold

we switched to webex a few years ago and it was chaos at first but then everybody learned the system and got things setup on their computers and it was fine, everything's fine. it's fine.

yeah, it's not good, but having a liberal work from home policy is good, so i'm willing to put effort into making it work.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Bloody posted:

my coworkers think they're being clever when they just start ccing more and more people on their whiny emails

as though its some trick they came up with

as though its something to be proud of

it seems really hard to force people to come to a consensus unless you can get everyone into one spot where you can say OK NOW IS THE TIME TO MAKE THE DECISION SO GET OUT YOUR CLICKERS PEOPLE

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i've been aware for a while now that most of our meetings hosted through bluejeans are totally open to the public, you just need to know the meeting name. the meeting name is usually first letter of first name + lastname.

most people assume that you need to be on the vpn or have an sso ticket or something, but no, you can just join in. i'm not really concerned about anyone joining my own meetings, but there are some people here who would be targetted for that kind of thing by people on the internet.

i've alerted the bluejeans team and they just tell me 'working as intended' because sales people use meetings in this way.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

mishaq posted:

lol

skype for business at least gives an audible alert to the meeting if someone from outside your organization that didn't specifically get an invite joins a meeting

yeah, we get notifications when people join and i'm sure like, the sales team is aware of this behavior, but i dont think anyone else is.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Rooney McNibnug posted:

Use your loving headset please, so we don't have to hear every goddamn keystroke explode against our eardrums and your phone vibrating near your computer nonstop.

i dont own a headset

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
today i was interviewing a guy with tourettes (like a physical facial tick) and my boss had accidentally pointed the webcam at his crotch and forgotten about it. i just couldn't stop laughing at the crotch shot and i hope tourettes dude didn't think i was laughing at his tourettes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
why would you charge your employees for coffee

dont you want them to be all cracked out?

• Locked thread