Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
i didn't know I could feel 'triggered' until I found this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

i only listened to a minute but not enough people talking over each other

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

flakeloaf posted:

sorry I just got heSORRY I JUST GOT HESORRY I JUST GOT HESQUOOKOOKOOKOOKOOKOOKOOK

Cat Face Joe posted:

and the timing is incredibly tight, we have to ensure that we can *beedeep TOM SHITFUCKER HAS JOINED THE CALL* or we'll never get a chance with this customer again

can you repeat that

i said if we don't HI ITS TOM SHITFUCKER SORRY I'M LATE

please repeat that again

I SAID *deebeep*

ok I said *beedeep TOM SHITFUCKER HAS JOINED THE CALL*

+1

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
tiny bug mag

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thanks Ants posted:

*joins webex* "hey i'm here"
*mute mic, do other stuff for an hour*
*unmute mic* "thanks for that guys, good presentation, bye"

mishaq posted:

*gets asked a question*
*scrambles to find mute button after hearing your name*
"sorry, I didn't catch the second half of what you said, could you repeat that?"

Necc0 posted:

you know you're important when you can lose the facade and outright tell them you weren't paying attention

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Iridium posted:

this is in essence what my VM greeting says. problem is, for the old types in the office that need that voice chat capability, they know the key to skip the greeting and go straight to leaving a message, so they never hear it anyway.

because they're impatient, which is ironic as gently caress because this is guaranteed to take longer for me or anyone to get back to them.

second wise day foolish

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
you have n problems, which you'll solve by replacing them with 1 knowledge base

now you have n+1 problems, which you'll solve by replacing them with 1...

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the non-stop pop pop of model m

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mad Wack posted:

the meetings will continue

death, taxes

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Iridium posted:

PM- "Ok so next issue. This test user decided to attempt to inject SQL, it let him, and it returned an error. Do we need to lock this down?"
Tech- "Uh, no. It DIDNT let him, and gave an error saying don't do that. That's what that message is."
PM- "Ok can we make this friendlier? A lot of users won't understand this error."
Tech- "If we have that many users trying to inject SQL we have bigger problems."

triggered again

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

your trunk line is a piece of poo poo

yt1pos bithc

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mad Wack posted:

hi team, please describe conference calls using just three words as this is best practice

ugh fix deployed

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

incoherent posted:

had to change mine because we had a rate of one sheriff per week coming in. It now emails IT and management immediately if someone dials 911.

I pitched that we should just play a super-short "now dialing 911..." prompt before connecting but apparently the 0.000000000001% chance those three seconds actually mean life or death is enough to make it worth frequent firetrucks

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

anthonypants posted:

yes, that's correct

for context, every single 911 call in the last 5 years from these phones has been unintentional

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

incoherent posted:

tbh they should have prevented 91x area codes from being available but lovely telecom gotta telecom

ours just forget to put the 0 when dialing internationally

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Iridium posted:

over the past couple weeks on conference calls there's been a weird trend that crops up. someone, upon calling in, invariably manages to trigger my boss's voicemail system. it plays through his whole message, tells you to leave a message after the tone, press a number to listen to your own messages, etc.

and then if that person doesn't hang up, it waits for 3 minutes and says you've hit the message length limit.

i assume it's my boss who's having this issue, as since this started he seems not to participate in conference calls much anymore, but he won't own up to it and we've never seen this particular magic out of him before.

good times.

happened again today on what turned out to be our last ever scrum call for this project. not because the project is finished, mind you... we just ran out of money to keep paying this dev firm to work on little enhancements that the business keeps wanting.

i will miss their inherent nonsense.

he's having the system call him and then no-answering

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lol just lol if you're not simultaneously muted in the bridge, phone, and headset

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
i am on three projects with the worst pm i've known. he's obviously being coached by more senior people but it isn't working.

he was stuck in a prior meeting once and so joined a call about 5 minutes late.

*beDEEP* ^ 15 as we all connect at once

a teammate of his says "let's do a roll call since there's so many of us"

he says "got it.

:grin: OKAY WHO'S HERE?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Partycat posted:

Correct that is a documented limitation for the way those handle SIP messaging in some cases

That is a setting that has always been present in the UCM.

dont admit to being a phone janitor if you dont even have funny stories

• Locked thread