Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PCjr sidecar posted:

the market that is 70%+ stuff nasa/air force pays spacex to launch

yeah its great that theres competition and innovation. it means lower launch prices for tax payers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

i get a little sad when the proletariat vigorously defend the very system that victimizes and holds them down, like turkeys endorsing thanksgiving. at least this time it's purely performative shaggaring.

webex update: running webex for the video and join.me for the audio, or maybe the other way around, I forget. yes, they are completely unsynced and seem to be drifting further apart the longer the meeting goes on.

webex and join.me are both trash use GoToMeeting

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

can your 2fa not realise that this person is logging in from your own office on the same machine they used yesterday or do you need to protect each session for a reason?

azure can be setup to only force 2fa for users outside ur network but imo its better to just keep it on cause users will get confused when things work 2 ways

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Rex-Goliath posted:

qa : join this webex plz
me : what's up
qa : you're working on the source code fix, right?
me : yeah it's been done for a while but i keep getting pulled into meetings and haven't put in the merge request yet
qa : ok don't put in the merge request there's another issue that's come up- did richard reach out to you about it?
me : we just talked about the fix i just put in like- 30 seconds ago....
qa : no no- it's about the u.g.h. fix
me : the what?
qa : you-gee-aich
me : i'm searching all our transforms for that field and i'm not seeing it anywhere
qa : maybe it still had to be added- hold on i have richard joining the webex
richard : what's up
qa : i saw your message about the ugh issue. rex is saying he's ready is your fix ready as well?
richard : .... what?
qa : the ugh. you-gee-aich. the other thing that had to be fixed
richard : no i was saying 'ugh' because someone said this was fixed like last week but it wasn't so i had rex do it
qa : what
richard : like- ugh. you know? ugghhh- you spell that 'ugh'
qa : oh so we're good then

lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
sametime meetings require java

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the only problem w/ SIP wrt chats is SIP is session based so you have a session per endpoint. Thats fine for ye olden day chat clients that skype4b was based on. Modern chat is all done as views of server side sessions so you have persistent chat sessions across all devices.

the problem w/ the skype4b client is that it was written by phone guys and they dont know how to write client software. its not SIPs fault that the UI is so buggy.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Bhodi posted:

4pm meeting on a friday, a month before I'm laid off, from the boss who relocated rather than getting laid off with the rest of us. gently caress offffffff

https://twitter.com/kairyssdal/status/852893300025470976

kai owns

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Mad Wack posted:

emergency call on the three day skype for business / bluejeans outage using a third, as yet unnamed collaboration platform. also chastising people still using their webex accounts in secret

tell them we're all getting GoToMeeting accounts and that's the end of it.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mishaq posted:

negative

at least the voip isn't

yeah webex for dial in and presenting is fine but the built in voip sucks. functionally GoToMeeting is the same but with voip that works so idk why you'd bother w/ something else.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol @ even having a dial out code in 2017.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
presenter schedules a GoToMeeting but disables the built in audio and sends a 3rd party conference line and then fails to start it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I don't think you can get GoToMeeting accounts w/out it. this guy definitely had it plus was paying for the 3rd party one.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
GoToMeeting audio uses a codec that isn't 40 years old so it sounds much better than pstn audio

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol no. g711 is trash

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
theres no defense for continued use of g711 and its continued existence is a symptom of telco incompetence.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
g722 is supported by everything except the telcos

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it sounds like poo poo because it was designed for hardware from the 70s which is also the same hardware telcos are still using.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mishaq posted:

im the broken ears shagger has where he cant tell the difference between analog phone lines and pure beautiful digital end-to-end pcm

maine is the oldest state after all

lol if you cant hear the stripped out ranges of 711.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

graph posted:

were ditching webex for zoom

any opinions
zoom sucks. webex is better, but has probs (like its voip). use GoToMeeting or skype4b meetings if its all internal or 365

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mishaq posted:

lol no

shagger is correct, gotomeeting is cool & good and Just Works™

skype4b meetings between skype4b users work great. don't use the web stuff tho

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah that thing is a turd.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they're adding federation to teams tho so that's gonna fix that problem

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mishaq posted:

:wrong:

we are (now) 100% skype4b w/ o365 at my company and it's hilariously hosed up and bad even on internal meetings

works fine 4 me.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Wasabi the J posted:

Our workstations have 3 x 1600x1200 HP displays that I'm pretty sure are like 14 inches diag.

We do broadcast too ffs.

those were probably pretty killer 15 years ago

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

I missed weekly call the other day b/c goo randomly changed the hangouts link that we've had for like a year into a meet link, and when I clicked on it goo was like "we can't be hosed to make this work in safari, please install chrome"

lol go gently caress yourself

just use edge. why would you even have safari installed?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if they don't start the webex by logging in as the presenter (either thru the client or phone pin) then people cant get in from the desktop client which means no computer audio. webex allows you to dial into the pstn side of the bridge without the presenter starting it so that's what those old people do.

then you get the situation where everyone is waiting for the meeting to start on their clients and the old person gets all huffy because the phone is good enough and he doesn't understand why people cant just do that.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
but in the end it doesn't matter because the webex computer audio is trash full of super aggressive disconnection poo poo that will gently caress you up if you're too quiet or mute using something other than the webex client mute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
oh you're talking about the ones who use their own 3rd party bridge because its the one that has the same pin every time.

if the presenter joins in webex or GoToMeeting via the client everything is started so those should work.

• Locked thread