Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

manyak...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

More news today: that rad looking extreme racing game that the burnout people were making (announced at e3 2014) was cancelled and now criterion is full time making VR Star Wars "experiences". I hate EA

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

More news today: that rad looking extreme racing game that the burnout people were making (announced at e3 2014)

quote:

was cancelled and now criterion is full time making VR Star Wars "experiences". I hate EA

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

This is allowed if it's a tie fighter game

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

fozzy fosbourne posted:

This is allowed if it's a tie fighter game

https://youtu.be/OX79LmrCRjY

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ahahahaha

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

lol

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

lords of the fallen is complete garbage, i wouldn't expect anything much from these people

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
dark souls 2 sucked but they (the from soft b team) still managed to make dark souls 3 afterwards

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't know the B team made it. I thought the regular guys did

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Surge looks pretty cool right now while Lords of the Fallen looked like a mediocre copycat from day one, so I'm willing to give them another chance.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

I didn't know the B team made it. I thought the regular guys did

the regular guys were working on the bloodborne dlc

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
if you play bloodborne and ds3 right next to eachother itll be really obvious that theres a big difference. but with that said DS3 is really good anyway

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Surge looks pretty cool right now while Lords of the Fallen looked like a mediocre copycat from day one, so I'm willing to give them another chance.

it sounds like there's a locational damage system which is how you get drops instead of equipment being random, which is a cool idea.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the other soulslike at e3, Absolver, looks cool as well. i think IGN has some gameplay videos with the developers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTy52Y5PJXY

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

the other soulslike at e3, Absolver, looks cool as well. i think IGN has some gameplay videos with the developers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTy52Y5PJXY

that looks sick but ppl need to stop referring to every tp action game as a souls like

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dang Absolver looks cool... I love a good martial arts game

In Training posted:

it sounds like there's a locational damage system which is how you get drops instead of equipment being random, which is a cool idea.

Yeah that's probably the biggest draw for me, seeing an enemy with a sick weapon and working to take it from him seems really cool, and even without the drop aspect a locational damage system could be a very interesting layer to add on to Souls-style combat if done right.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

that looks sick but ppl need to stop referring to every tp action game as a souls like

Yeah, it looks more like an RPG version of Bushido Blade or something which is cool but I don't see that much of a Souls resemblance

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Did someone mention there's a second nioh demo coming yet

Edit my phone corrected nioh to nier didn't wanna start a riot

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

muh souls mans

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've heard they're making pretty drastic changes to ni-oh based on feedback from the first beta.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

muh souls mans

kamiya's own take on dark souls, Scalebound, looks really rough from everything theyve shown but that man and his team has so consistently delivered gold i want to believe theyve just always shown the wrong thing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

however if the first bad platinum game is One exclusive lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

kamiya's own take on dark souls, Scalebound, looks really rough from everything theyve shown but that man and his team has so consistently delivered gold i want to believe theyve just always shown the wrong thing

the boss fight they showed at e3 looked seriouisly misguided, but im going to stay hopeful anyways

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

Korra and ninja turtles already exist

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

HolePisser1982 posted:

the boss fight they showed at e3 looked seriouisly misguided, but im going to stay hopeful anyways

I'm kind of worried about how that footage, in particular, is what they picked to show at E3

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

muh souls mans

spoopy souls :dance:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

dark souls 2 sucked but they (the from soft b team) still managed to make dark souls 3 afterwards
I've been liking it a lot more on PC than on PS3, since it runs a lot better. It's still got issues but it does a lot of cool things.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

good news gamer scalebound is coming to the windows 10 store concurrently with xbone

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

there is absolutely no way scalebound achieves a metascore of 84, making it equally as good as the greatest wrpg fallout: new vegas, and the greaest jrpg tokyo crystal sessions #fe

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

there is absolutely no way scalebound achieves a metascore of 84, making it equally as good as the greatest wrpg fallout: new vegas, and the greaest jrpg tokyo crystal sessions #fe

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've been liking it a lot more on PC than on PS3, since it runs a lot better. It's still got issues but it does a lot of cool things.

i liked the dlc, but theres not much i like about the main game except for a couple of bosses. and the concept of jumping down a massive well and going through 3 areas all the way to a poison slime cave with barely anything in it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

honestly i don't know what you'd expect to find at the bottom of a well filled with a poison slim cave except poison slime

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I've heard they're making pretty drastic changes to ni-oh based on feedback from the first beta.

Overall

Add tutorials regarding the game system.
Adjust balance mainly in the opening sections to make battles fairer.
Improve controls and camera system.
Improve the understandability and usability of the UI.
Improve graphic performance
Tutorials

Implement a training stage for tutorials on basic controls and core game actions.
Action & Controls

Improve player & camera behavior during lock-on.
Change the conditions under which the player character becomes unresponsive when the Ki Gauge is empty.
Expand item shortcut slots.
Revise the objects which require holding a button and the response to the hold input.
Improve detection for the half-circle analog stick input.
Enemies

Adjust attack and defense parameters of enemies.
Revise enemy pursuit of the player.
Revise superarmor (stagger/no stagger) for each enemy and attack.
Adjust Revenant AI.
Level Design/Stages

Improve exploration elements such as shortcuts, etc.
Add hints to guide players to boss areas.
Revise the display of objects that block the view of the player character.
Adjust fire area damage.
UI

Improve layout and displayed information.
Adjust text size.
When making an offering at a shrine, allow the player to perform all actions at once.

Improve online synchronization.
Allow the host to use the Shrine menu during co-op play with a Visitor.
Adjust the rate at which enemy parameters increase during co-op play.
Other

Remove durability stat for weapons and armor.
Adjust the drop rate for equipment.
Add a new control type.
Implement a flow to allow players to exit a mission.
Fix other bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that the poison area was a rehash of blighttown followed by a big cave with nothing in it and then a boss from demons souls

• Locked thread