Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Benny D posted:

According to the Internet it's based on a western IP, sorry everyobe

Game of Throned Warriors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm reserving judgement til we see the loot crate opening animation.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

omg

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The boss patterns from the videos they showed last year looked really really boring but the art is so good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://youtu.be/MgkQKqp9pwE

seriously this looks beautiful but it has all the nuance of dodging bowsers fireballs and running under him when he jumps and then hitting a switch to knock him into lava. its gorgeous but the videos make the gameplay seem like a newgrounds ripoff of gun star heroes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Leadthumb posted:

Why did they maek it a shooter? That art would work way better as a paper mario type game where you do really wacky old cartoon stuff.

I think it's cool as a Contra/Gunstar Heroes style game and I want another good one but the vids don't make it look very fun. It doesn't help that the people who are playing in them are awful though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

new Nier info coming thursday!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

God drat it lol. I was about to post and say there aren't any games like Q3A anymore and I guess this is still true but now we know there never will be

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

ohhhhhhh poo poo the new Musou game is not a western IP as previously reported

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfkxYVER68s

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also Amazon has been out of stock on Berserk Vol. 3 for like a month so Im sitting here with Volumes 1, 2, and 4 like some sick high school senior prank

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

tumor looking batty posted:

i hope this isnt dynasty warriors crap. but ill still play it

Got Bad news for you ........ although honestly I never truly got into a Musou game until Dragon Quest Warriors/Hyrule Warriors and Im not really a superfan of the source material with either of them -- they just felt a lot more polished/distinct/benefiting from a bigger budget than the PS2 Dynasty Warriors games I remember renting in highschool. Hoping this keeps up the trend

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

There is no franchise more suited to a musou game than Berserk though and Im kind of surprised that it didn't already happen 10 years ago as a bargain bin Warriors spinoff but based on DQ/Hyrule Warriors im optimistic they'll get it right

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

Apparently there might be another Wolfenstein called New Colossus, I liked New Order but Old Blood kinda sucked so we'll see I guess

dir Keen
dir Keen
dir Keen

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

April 1st 1994 my dad who hated video games told me he bought me a Commander Keen game ... I thought I was being pranked and I asked him which one and he told me it was the one where you fight giant vegetables and at that point I KNEW he was full of poo poo but it turned out the old man was right :unsmith: Commander Keen feels

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Plot

After refusing to eat his vegetables, Billy is sent to bed by his parents. He falls asleep, only to awaken in a strange vegetable kingdom led by the evil potato king Boobus Tuber, who has imprisoned other sleeping children there. In the dream world, Keen does not have his trademark raygun and pogo stick, but has to defend himself with "Flower Power" seeds that temporarily turn enemies into flowers.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Duke Nukem is found on Level 7, Episode 2 encased in a block of ice. The player can bomb the ice to release him, in which case he will give Cosmo a cheeseburger. He refuses to help Cosmo as he is on a mission (to save the galaxy), but tells Cosmo to watch out for his next game: Duke Nukem II. Duke's name is displayed as Duke Nukum.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

John Carmack playing heavily modded minecraft on e3 main stage

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

IIRC it's about government mandated happiness and how sad people (called downers) are hunted down or something. Might be neat but it'll probably be really hamhanded

Its also procedurally generated with permadeath which youd never know from the trailer

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

This doesn't look that good .........

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

nintendo is showing indie games on the youtube stream and they just announced the vita only touchscreen game by the guacamelee people is coming to wii u

Nice severed is sick

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Me too but I can't think of that many good Nintendo games that I want but don't already have. Rumor has it there might be a surprise DQVII launch this week though... retailers are setting up shelf space for it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

danganronpa 3 is gonna be on PS4 too

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

ArfJason posted:

its not necessarily that its just that i thought noone wanted those kinds of mechanics anymore and apparently people do

the mobility options that they've shown so far are inventive and cool for an open-world game too. you can free-climb cliff faces, basically have the Wind Waker Deku Leaf and can glide off mountains with it, and you can use your shield as a sled and ride it through the snow and stuff. I had low expectations coming in but this looks really wild

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

the physics look cool too. I was really shocked when tree trunks actually persisted in the world and did stuff when Link chopped down trees instead of just fading away

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Is Nintendo the only company thats remained conspicuously silent on the Orlando shootings and not offered their thoughts and prayers? Shameful

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

qnqnx posted:

3DS Mario Maker :pray:

They sneak announced a new 3DS Mario Party or something so apparently they are gonna be dropping info on some new stuff during the stream

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Not that hyped about the new Amiibos either. Early this year i was able to find a guy who makes artisan custom Amiibos so i can pretty much have any kind that I can think of.

Fuckawesome. Would look great on the shelf next to my custom job

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

Nintendo confirms BOXBOY: One More Box coming stateside as BOXBOXBOY

Oh hell yeah

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wow Persona 5 is gonna have demon negotiation again instead of shuffle time... I like it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I prefer shuffle time to demon negotiation, because I've never understood if negotiation is random or not in smt3/4. Well in 4 you can buy the upgrades to make it easier but I still prefer shuffle time

Sounds like in P5 it's gonna be a lot easier but it's not an option available at the start of the battle, you gotta trigger an all out attack to talk to them. Seems fair

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

isnt smt4 final also coming to the states this year

September 9..... good next couple months for 3DS

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

And the lead designer worked on the Secret of Mana games. It looks like Dark Cloud almost

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

its live now wow!!!! but i want a p[hysical version...

holy poo poo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

This is the first rhythm game I've played and it's awesome

I'm an idiot and left the house today so I haven't gotten to play it yet but I think this one is basically all the stuff from the previous handheld games + some extra stuff so that's a good place to start. The Wii one was ok but not as good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Megamix is really really good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Wow this game is gonna get way harder haha. My favorite so far has been First Contact because the first time I played it I laughed so hard at the gag I had to reset the song

The mistranslated dialogue if you're off-beat is really funny . Anyone know if wrestler interview is back?? :pray: please please please

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

My old nemesis the Frog Choir is destroying me in RH Megamix. This game is so great

edit: I was a little surprised at the pricetag but this game probably has more content than all the other ones put together. There's so much crap to do

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

They added that statue in sotfs

I never made it that far in SOTFS but that's really hosed up lol. I remember how grateful I was of that bonfire in vanilla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I didn't think it was a bad mechanic in DS2 because it was an interesting way to gate stuff and allow for some choice in where you progress and give you the opportunity for some cool sequence breaks. Also when you unpetrify someone and end up getting a cool new NPC it's pretty rewarding. gently caress SOTFS tho where you're just using them on random ungrateful enemies who happen to be blocking your way and decide to kick your rear end as soon as you rescue them

• Locked thread