Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

-fus ro dah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

-hearing the shell horn after solving a puzzle in la mulana

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Killing a contract monster in witcher 3 and seeing the knife cutscene.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Beating a dungeon in LTTP and hearing the powerful overworld music start up

Superguarding in Paper Mario TTYD

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Hitting the threshold in earthbound where the enemies start to run from you.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Guacamelee's Powerup fanfare

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Solving an environmental puzzle in the Witness

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

rediscover posted:

the witness gets shitted on a lot but it's a super good puzzle game.

I was pretty lukewarm on it since it seemed like phone game puzzles + walking sim at first, but once I saw how the world fits together it got awesome.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

pressing the dodge button and getting hit on the same frame

Using a phoenix down on a character only to have a boss one shot him again because he moved faster than your healer.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

breaking the 'damage limit' in any final fantasy.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Importing save game data to its sequel, to get all the old loot you had plus have the NPCs react to your old decisions.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

I can't believe it took nearly a year for somebody to post this, but,

- Getting a tetris in Tetris.

actually, it's on there.

said by you, actually

In Training posted:

Getting a 4 clear with the straight block

Plebian Parasite fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 24, 2017

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

R. Guyovich posted:

the little flourish link does sometimes in twilight princess when you sheathe your sword after a fight

that's a good one

also from twilight princess: successfully pulling off the instant kill move

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

recycling a bunch of stuff in prey and watching the cubes pour out of the machine

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

rediscover posted:

Dead Cells, a game mentioned but not shown in that guys post, is actually insanely epic and one day I'm gonna get around to recording cool game play of it and make some drat believers out of you guys

I've played it and its drat good. Very fluid and fast which is why its confusing to compare it to dark souls.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

elf help book posted:

When you get launched off the top of the screen in a platformer and land exactly where you want just through intuition and camera movements.

i never get this goomba stomp because I just get annoyed when games do this.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

mario does this and it's one of the finest platformers of all time

fair point, but it's a rarity in game and the later mario games made it so it doesn't happen unless you're deliberately scrolling off screen.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

critting an exp ballon for full damage and killing it even though most of the time you miss or deal 1 damage

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

that ivy guy posted:

This, and every once in a while I see people using variations (midair spinjump? throw the hat and roll to it and then begin the sequence?) that are similarly unfathomable as the original learning of this maneuver itself

The ground pound roll boost

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

using a p-wing to skip an entire level in smb3

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

when the announcer says 'checkpoint!'

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Deadlocked was doodoo and then I never had a ps3 so that’s when I stopped paying attention

the PS3 games were alright with Crack in Time being particularly good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

goferchan posted:

I think a lot of other devs don't understand what made it good. Even though you're doing a lot of grappling and diving and stuff between combat sections, Arkham Batman controls really "heavy" as far as video game characters go and it makes sense and feels right that he's basically propelled around the arena by the sheer weight of his own punches. Taking the same system and adapting it to a more acrobatic moveset like in the new Spider-Man game makes it feel like you don't have proper control of your character and feels closer to something like doing homing spin jumps in a 3D sonic game 🤢

I remember mad max had the opposite problem of spiderman where Max felt properly heavy, but had no momentum so trying to reach certain enemies wouldn't register and you'd break your combo swinging at air