Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Me and my friend are playing VC co-op. He's Manfred, I'm Kemmler. We are at turn 107, and I have 3 settlements to my name. The orc sent 4 full stacks to take Schwartzhaven and, while we did eventually kill all of them, Schwartzhaven was still razed. I am the weakest surviving faction in the game.

And now Chaos just showed up.... and everything was going so well :v:

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jun 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Not sure if it's been specifically discussed, but I've found that running the "no public order difficulty penalties" mod along with the "no OP agent stacking" mod really balances agents well. The AI will have to use their agents to boost their public order, and rebellions are an actual threat. I've seen empire rebellions, vampire rebellions, and a chaos invasion ever since using it.

The no OP Agent Stacking mode makes it so the "On Guard" and "Fatigue" negative modifiers for agents last 3 turns. High level agents are still really strong, but they cant just spam attempts until everything is dead. Even if you get hit, it make it hard from subsequent attacks from other enemy agents from hitting you. Works out pretty well.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Fangz posted:

Hang on though. Actions like assault units don't trigger fatigue while assassinations do. Doesn't this just make the situation worse?

I'm pretty sure it still triggers "On Guard" for the targeted general's army... I'm pretty sure. I believe the mod might make all successful offensive actions trigger Fatigue now as well.

But like I said, the AI can't spend all it's agents on offensive because public order is something it actually needs to spend people on. I'm turn 100 on a hard Chaos campaign and things are 20x more sane than they were in my previous campaign where a blob of 4 orc shamans chased my VC armies to death.

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 21, 2016

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Are there are any good magic mods that dont require using Ultra unit size for them to remain sane?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Everytime I launch the game I find and install new mods to play with. Must.... make game.... PERFECT

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

I am slowly coming to the conclusion that Schwartzhaven might be one of the toughest places to hold in the entire game. It's just seems to be at a nexus where dwarves/orcs/empire will often go first to attack you when are VC. It's also 1 turn away from a few nearby settlements, so if the AI possess any of them (like Averland), they can take their full stack fresh from the city right to your doorstep. This make the other 2 pieces of the province that much weaker as well, as you just constantly struggle to control all 3 territories. Unless you build walls fast, this place just gets razed all the loving time. I think it's just better to leave it as smoldering ruins and move on to greener pastures.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

So if Beastmen do get added... where the hell would they end up? Map seems pretty crowded as is. Would they be able to take any settlements, or would they be another horde army?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

madmac posted:

While Searing Doom does need to be buffed, I'd much rather have expensive/powerful/swag spells be more effective instead of putting all the emphasis on the spirit leeches and fireballs in the game, which is what we've got right now, most of the best spells are the first spell you get, because they're actually cost effective.

Yeah, this is what I'm abusing on Archaon in my chaos campaign. Dude throws fireballs like Super Mario :shobon:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Blood for the Blood God loving owns. The geyser of blood Kholek unleashes with each hammer swing is just... :allears:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Does anyone know of a faction unlocker mod for campaign that works right now? Ditto for a mod that renames the Empire/VC/Greenskins/Dwarves faction names

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Heh, playing a co-op campaign as Chaos with my friend who is VC. We finished genociding the hell out of all the dwarves in the eastern mountains, burned everything to poo poo. That'll teach ya to conga agents into Sylvania constantly since TURN loving 1. :smug:

Guess we should set our sights to Kislev, who have been bouncing back, or Ostland who are holding on by fingertips, and I guess we could finally get on the Empire once and for al-

*Greenskins have declared war on you!*

Oh... kinda forgot about those guys. Huh, alright well how many settlements do they ha- THIRTY SIX? OH FUUUCCCCKKK

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

The only thing that drives me bad poo poo crazy about this game is rivers. gently caress RIVERS. They need to be much larger on the map, and the bridges more obvious. I keep finding myself getting stuck because I took the "wrong" way, and then have to double back... UGH

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

I pre-ordered this game, and I'm pre-ordering it's DLC

I am the gamer anti-christ

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

I guess you could say CA is Raid Stancing our wallets, RAZING our common sense?? :haw:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Fangz posted:

I hope CA is selling a catbird and varghulf plush.

That would happen if blizzard was in charge

Get your Manfred plush hat :3:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Deified Data posted:

Consensus on what the best agent balance mod is on the workshop atm? Other than the one that completely neuters their ability to perform aggressive actions, that is?

Less OP Agent Actions + No Order Bonus for Difficulty + No Order Penalty for Difficulty

The AI will actually use agents to try and keep order up, which helps a lot on top of what the Less OP mod does. Rebellions become an actual thing you'll see happen to the AI, which is nice.

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 25, 2016

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Lightning Strike is hardcore need to tame the Northern wastes (See also - Killing Varg/Skaeling stacks)

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

oswald ownenstein posted:

I refuse to believe any of the spellcasters are rad because even with the magic mod most spells still feel like garbage

The only things I seem to get any real use out of is bombardments like Searing Doom, and a couple of the buffs - mainly the + armor in AOE, or -armor in AOE

Everything else feels like another unit would be a better fit. There's a bunch of awful vortex spells that never do jack poo poo (except that awesome death one), and a bunch of weaksauce buffs like +leadership or speed or whatever

I honestly think that it's a winds of magic issue - being able to cast more spells more often would make the buffs more fun to use and some of the damage spells not so bad

There's no point in bringing more than one caster 99% of the time. There should be diminishing returns, but I feel like you should get a bump in reserves at least for each caster you bring.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

DeathSandwich posted:

You can always try diplomacy to power up greenskins to fight the dwarves for you.

I think they said somewhere in one of the preview videos that they start neutral with Chas

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Hrmm... what use is the new crow spell? "Enemies have a high chance to resist damage" really sucks, seems like the spell does nothing 4/5 times, but maybe I'm missing something.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

If Ghorst is any good that makes Kemmler even more obsolete than he already is, loving lol

Buying the instant this is up for pre-order, the beast must be fed

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

drat, I wish the dude who made the Legendary Lord start positions mod would update it, because it was one of my absolute favorite mods. Now with even more LLs coming in, I'm not even sure how you would even balance it

Does anyone know of similar mods that aren't broken to hell?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

madmac posted:

Some updates from CA's "What we're working on" blog.

let us reach train sim levels of dlc :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

I release a sigh of contentment everytime I click the downloadable content button on the main menu and get "You already own all downloadable content"

• Locked thread