Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Also worth noting from the same book, the sheep are dumb as bricks and assuming their "shepherds" don't eat them they often just walk off cliffs.

That's normal for sheep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Should Beastmen immediately found a second guide, like Chaos?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Should minotaurs cycle-charge or stay stuck in?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Really the biggest downside of minotaurs is that they are neither cats nor birds.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I can't decide what kind of brayshaman I should have. Free manticorse sounds tasty, but so does the always excellent Lore of Death...

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Do beastmen have any method of destroying walls? Neither of their heroes seems to have that ability.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Some units get bonuses if their leadership is >50%. This is an ability they have.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Are Chaos Dwarfs coming? I thought they were no longer can(n)on.

There are short dudes in very big hats crewing the Hellcannon.

Is there any secret to forming trade agreements as VC, or is it just 'you can't'? I have lots of buildings that produce trade resources, but not much to do with them.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jan 30, 2017

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nash posted:

Chaos dwarves are far and away superior in hat technology.

The High Elves can give them pretty stiff competition in tallness though, and the Empire have access to some impressive brim technology.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jan 30, 2017

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ammanas posted:

I'm gonna run a new dwarf campaign, want to do some kind of gimmick. Playing straight has got boring. Ideas?

* Slayer King. At least 50℅ of each army must be Slayers.

* Tech-fetishist. Bring as many gyrocopters as possible, every battle.

* RAGE. Be at war with everyone, at all times.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 31, 2017

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is there a mod that either disables the assassination grudge, or gives dwarves a competent assassin hero?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Can someone link me to a video that shows how to properly use cannon / organ guns? Every time I try them out they seem hugely inferior to just having more crossbows.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

but I have no idea what 'an old friend' is supposed to be -- there's a tower in the background and something blurry running around down near the bottom.

Attila stumbles through a warp anomaly, ends up in the Old World.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Syrnn posted:

I had been trying to apply tactics I picked up recently in Shogun 2 this time, and had thought I was overloading on ranged before, but clearly this game is a slightly different beast and I should stick to keeping my comp to 30-35% ranged, instead of the like three units.

I like 50% for dwarfs.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I've never fought a defensive city battle.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You NEED ap versus dwarves. Big 'Uns, Boar Boyz and and Sneaky Stabbin'. Black Orks when you get them.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

wiegieman posted:

Man raise dead is so good now. Don't bring a vampire, bring a necromancer with just raise dead (still bring Mannfred because he's can ride a zombie dragon and is a power source.)

Isn't it still just Zombies? (Unless you're Ghorst).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Has anyone created a guide to the new Kraka Drak units / what they're good for?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dwarves have no -attrition or +replenish on their heroes. Adventuring in unconquerable territory is hard.
(especially if attrition means you lose troops every time you fight).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

State Troops also got the 'detachments' special rule.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

Help...chaos armies are killing my Empire armies.

Help.

Get more chickens.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lassitude posted:

Lizardmen slaan (the dudes who'd negotiate) are hyper-intelligent.

Wouldn't most of the negotiation be done by Skink priests acting on their master's behalf? I can't imagine an outsider being granted an audience with a Slaan without a lot of effort.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is Belegars +50% upkeep for all armies, or only for his army?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

theDOWmustflow posted:

In comparison, the dwarf equivalent gives bonuses to... miners and warriors only. Units that quickly go obsolete in the mid and late game. And these units have abysmal attack and defense.

There's another dwarven skills that buffs Longbeards and Ironbreakers (!).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Slann are, pound for pound, some of the strongest mages in all of Warhammer Fantasy

Not sure about that. On a poundage basis you can get a lot of high elf mage lords for the weight of one Slaan.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Promontory posted:

Diplomacy questions:

In the older Total Wars you had to bribe people with small amounts of money each turn to get them to like you. Does this still work, or are there better ways of improving relations?

Bribing is good, so is beating the poo poo out of someone they're at war with.

edit: ^ The above post is very true. When confederating having them like you helps a bit, but them being in a weak position and currently being invaded by someone else counts for a lot more.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Feb 23, 2017

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Night10194 posted:

That hat is an obviously vital defensive fixture.

Pretty sure it's actually the moustache.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I can totally imagine a goblin Fultoning someone.

fakeedit: balloon squig

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dandywalken posted:

You'd have to actively try to make Vlad NOT work well :) He's totally usable as a fighter.

I kinda want a mod that allows you to take Vlad as faction leader for the Empire.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The best way to play Chaos is to play Beastmen instead.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm not sure how Brets conquer fortified settlements at all. Just siege them out?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

basic hitler posted:

i thought 40k stuff with psykers and all that was more or less a physical manifestation of the warp/chaos and totally not magic because reasons

There's also Sorcery where you combine your psychic powers with a bunch of ritual poo poo to achieve other effects.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cythereal posted:

By backstory and personality he's a doctor who sold his soul to Nurgle for the cure to an uncurable disease

Was the cure another disease?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

Help, how do I play Vlad / Vampires so they aren't a miserable slog.

Sieges are especially terrible.

Have a Banshee explode the walls on the strategic map. Then pour your troops through the breaches and head straight for the courtyard.

(Also, get vampire heroes with the +replenishment and -attrition skills, With a few of them in your army casualties are basically meaningless.)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Walls in every city. The AI doesn't attack walled cities, just sieges them.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The mod i use makes it cost 100% of base movement to enter March stance. This means that on the first turn you only move half of your normal movement and it only makes sense to March if you will be marching for several consecutive turns.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Fartbox posted:

of course, when they ended the setting they retconned that and had it just "be a close fight" and then some bullshit demonshit with archaons sword cut grimgors head off. Lammeee

Hah! You think cutting off his head is enough to kill him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Angry Lobster posted:

Lizardmen lost access to High Magic in 6th edition (gently caress elves), which was a shame, because it used to be pretty beastly (at least in 5th edition)

Didn't they *invent* High Magic?

• Locked thread