Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

Have they made any indication in posts/social media that they intend to fix the spell scaling? Magic damage feels pretty useless if you don't play on one of the smaller unit settings currently. For VC the only reason to really recruit a Necromancer over a Vampire currently is to turn him into a money lord through the blue line passives.

Edit: Thats a really nice first post OP, thanks for putting it all together.

This is the main thing killing my enthusiasm for playing Empire/VC/Chaos. Magic just feels so bleh, not at all like I'm manipulating the very fabric of reality to unleash hell upon my enemies. More like I'm playing with a more expensive, less effective artillery piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Perestroika posted:

Try this mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=695024040 . It makes both magic and legendary items significantly more powerful, and personally I love it to bits. It also redoes the mage skilltrees a little, so that the second point into a single spell is less of a waste.

Will give it a shot. Should I play it on Ultra like the description says or is it better suited to Normal to give that "Arcane Might" feeling?

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

sassassin posted:

The game is balanced for normal unit sizes.

Thats only really true for magic, AFAIK. All other units get a boost to relevant stats (unit size/unit health) as unit sizes change. So the game still remains "balanced" at Ultra as it is at Normal, other then in regards to magic, as previously noted.

• Locked thread