Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Fun fact: in keeping with the bullshit lore, orc short victory doesnt require Chaos being pushed back to the wastes, it only requires headbutting Archaon and calling it a day. :v:

Wave three was incinerating Sylvania, the last non orc power worth mentioning, when Archie decided it would be a good idea to try to solo Barak Varr and drowned in waaghs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Any advice for starting as Malagor? He seems way shakier to get rolling than one-eye does.

Also, is it a crazy idea to delete the Gor building in one army so I can build a war hound building cheaper?

Stealth north after sacking the first settlement and go visit the border princes and southern Empire. Leave the badlands to themselves. :v:

"gently caress you I am invisible" is FANTASTIC, possibly the secret best thing about the Beastmen - since you have no cities the AI will hardly ever pursue you and it also throws off agents.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I am stoked for this Lord Pack and am shelving Empire and VC until it happens. :allears:

which basically means I grind the rest of the way through Chaos and take the occasional beastman palate cleanser

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ZearothK posted:

Ghorst gets poison damage for his entire army and can summon a Wight King.

Jesus gently caress.

Yeah, I was about to say, move the gently caress over Mannfred. Ghorst with the traditional vampire sidechick is going to be totally devastating.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Question: is it Literally loving Impossible to keep tribes subjugated as Chaos? Not that it really matters, I made a net profit and assloads of experience, but I eventually just gave the hell up and skipped to Step Two, Burn Kislev.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Krazyface posted:

Did you remember to invade and subjugate immediately after you awaken a new tribe? Truly subjugated tribes will never turn on you or each other.

I did, and then they seceded within a couple turns when I went to go and stomp on... well, usually the Skaelings, who were the northern superpower. Kholek spent most of his employment running in circles around the north, in hopes that the problem was my unreliable status and if only I subjugated them one more time they'd join the team, colonize the ruins, and send forces south against the realms of man.

It didn't work.

Krazyface posted:

Truly subjugated tribes will never turn on you or each other.

Filthy lies. So filthy that I wonder, are you secretly a Nurglist trying to chip away at Sigvald's achievements?

(I've also had vassals secede as dorfs and vampires, so)

Extra edit: on the other hand, Karl Franz and his 3/4 stack fled into the far north after I burned the Empire, and the last battle of the campaign was one of my awakened, mutliply-subjugated, hostile tribes hitting him in the head with a rock right in front of me. So I can't really complain.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 24, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

pnutz posted:

I'm playing as sigvald and kholek, and just as I got my act together the lord 'o change shows up and I end up benny-hilling down to sylvania and back again before killing him with the baersonlings, I'm getting the feeling it's going to be a while before I have enough float to raise a third stack, let alone get starcrusher and the auric armour to make battles easier :(

Top priority as Sigvald is to build up one single omega stack so you can get the armor.

Once you have it, he and some hellcannons can kill pretty much any city you care to name.

Unless Altdorf is defended with multiple luminarks with cavalry support in a narrow alleyway. :gibs: Well over a hundred of Slaanesh's finest gave their lives screening Sigvald and his perfect hair.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

pnutz posted:

any suggestions for the doomstack? I'm currently thinking chosen and dragon ogre spam.

it reminds me of that staff of volans mission with the gazillion halberds but this time they're all elites

A bazillion chosen and a few hellcannons work fine.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Deified Data posted:

It's because they're not giving away all their DLC for free.

Yeah, skimmed it and while I think the DLC is a bit overpriced, god drat are these some whiny babies.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Triskelli posted:

I've said it before but Hellcannons would be 100% improved if you replaced the unbreakable trait with extra-high leadership, then when the Hellcannon crew breaks you swap the Hellcannon artillery with a Hellcannon chariot.

An uncommandable berserk Hellcannon chariot that will charge the nearest unit, friend or foe. :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Grumio posted:

Oh my god
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...050bzRiTkhiTEpR

Russian warhammer LARP

It's beautiful

Is that a LARP Doomwheel!?

Edit: and the Accordion Orc. :laffo:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

Fighting orcs as dwarves on the harder settings is just dumb as poo poo. Their supposed low morale weakness means nothing and they basically have to be fought down to the last orc before they break. Right now I've got a battle where I've killed their lord and systematically broken their lines, but their arrer boys just keep rallying until I have to purge wipe them out utterly. gently caress.

Venting over. I know that part of it is that dwarves have no light cavalry by design, but goddamn is it irritating to have to almost entirely wipe out boyz to break them, while their friends rally constantly. It almost makes the morale system meaningless.

I swear by using a mod to neutralize in battle differences because they are dumb.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

albany academy posted:

I've always found their arty to be decent but nothing like doom divers.

Grimgor's starting doom diver is the real warboss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

SickZip posted:

You can recover fatigue, it's just slow and rarely worth it.

The only times I bother are:
-When I end up in a dumb general vs low tier unit slap fight. These take forever and only 1 unit can really fight the general, so I rotate units in so the general grinds down to exhausted but the unit he's fighting is usually only winded.

-In battles that turn into a mess of everyone on both sides wavering and retreating. Consolidating your wavering units and letting them recharge before sending them in is a way to squeeze a little more fight out of a unit so beat up that it would break instantly on contact if it still had exhausted status. These fights usually drag out once it turns into a cluster gently caress of units scattered everywhere, so you have time to do this

3) When you're being a dickbag on the defensive in a secure position.

• Locked thread