Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sjonnar posted:

Executing captives gives you a chance (and it's high, about 20%) to get Unjust, which is -1 global public order, and Untrustworthy, which is -5% income in local province (eventually evolves into Dishonest and then Deceiver, -10% and -15% respectively).
I don't think this is right, I execute all my captives constantly and have gotten everything from trustworthy to steadfast. Declaring war on people I have peace treaties with have changed my rep to untrustworthy, but leaving poo poo alone for a few turns have bumped me up to trustworthy or better again.

E: Oh, you were talking about traits not rep. Nope, mannfred von carstein is still gandhi as far as his subjects are concerned over a hundred turns in. About forty battles or so and always murdering or dominating captives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sjonnar posted:

Might just be an empire/dwarfs thing. Don't think I've ever seen Manny with harsh/unjust either, though I have had vampire lords pick up untrustworthy out on campaign. Guess the bad guys are supposed to kill their enemies but the good guys are supposed to parole ork savages and demon-worshiping vikings because "it's the right thing to do." drat bleeding heart liberals.

This makes a lot of sense. CA really changed up the formula in this game.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gejnor posted:

Right okay, everyone keeps harping on how amazing the Blood Knights are, and they are good its just.. I think the new Hexwraiths post-patch are even better.

Just had two battles where it was 3x armies vs my 1x Kemmlers top tier army.

So the enemy has reinforcements, and in BOTH battles i managed to vanguard deploy my 2xHexwraiths so that AS SOON as those armies appear they run into my hexies.

Cue MASS loving ROUTING that immediately makes the vast majority of both reinforing armies turn tail and run away IMMEDIATELY since they are routing RIGHT where they spawn.

In the second battle the reinforcing armies are right next to their main army so they actually manage to pin my hexes, resulting in more of their units making it in as well. My Hexers are nearly killed, but i manage to pull them away, and they still managed to make atleast 4-6 units run away from the map. I throw Nehek on them and let them bathe in Kemmlers aura. They are soon BACK TO FULL HEALTH and going back to fighting, which they do very well since they just refuse to die with their 80% physical protection.

Spooky Ghost Men Horsies gud.

I think this is a bug. Reinforcements enter the field with 0 morale, which fills up during the first couple of seconds into the fight. Attacking them beforehand with a unit that causes terror would likely lead to routing.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo does DX12 make a difference. The frame rate flat out refuses to dip now, despite maxing everything and zooming way out on a campaign map filled with stacks.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Nvidia

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Truecon420 posted:

poo poo. Was about to start a Hard Orc playthrough after finishing normal Chaos, Empire and Dwarves. Should I wait til they're patched and play Vampire Counts for now? Are Vamps well balanced currently, or at least fun

VC are the most fun afaik.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Captain Beans posted:

Oh interesting, everywhere else I've seen people post performance losses with Nvidia.

What card exactly?

1070. I could force the fps way below 60 in DX 11 with large army battles even on FXAA/1440p, but with DX12 I'm finding myself having to turn on v-sync to prevent tearing.

Also for some reason my GPU temp consistently runs a few degrees higher.

ditty bout my clitty fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 6, 2016

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gejnor posted:

Oh awesome, my 30th birthday is coming up and im building myself a monster PC as my gift to myself so i can ruin this game, RUIN IT.

I decided to get a 1080 but felt a bit wary since it seemed the DX12 mode didn't work for nvidia cards in this game, glad to know the 10xx series has it!

I just upgarded last week. My old 970 also had DX12 mode available, but the performance difference vs DX11 was hard to tell on that card, it may even have been worse. Also grats on the forthcoming monster!

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Mid to late-game empire seems to be a huge snorefest. Playing on hard, I expanded east without any real opposition from the warring states. The vampire counts barely clung on to sylvania, and I beat them using only T1/T2 units. Now all i have to do is conquer the entire north.

Onmi posted:

Is there a particular way to use Riflemen? Right now I just line them up in front of the melee and let the rifles murder whoever gets close (they absolutely shred morale) and then charge the melee forward when the rifle lines aren't being as worth while. Of course I'm a bad player, always wind up getting flanked by Cav forces

You literally wrote the definitive guide on how to use riflemen, getting flanked by cav is just how things work.

ditty bout my clitty fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 10, 2016

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I have yet to see an ally chase down an enemy army and kill it. They follow for two turns until it's technically not inside the border and then go "welp, not my problem anymore"

Also why does every faction i confederate have an economy that would bring it to the top bottom of any failed state index?

ditty bout my clitty fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 13, 2016

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SERPUS posted:

It's amazing that a $17 purchase is such a debated life and death struggle.

Not paying twenty bucks for loving beastmen when chaos were five.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

I like to expand quickly and build up all my settlements and get lots of armies and also win all my battles.

It's a p. good strat.

drat, wish I'd thought of that

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Going back to the dwarf campaign after I've played VC and empire is a huge downer. I t's unfortunate that so many play them first, because they're simply not as much fun to play as the other factions.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

goodness posted:

OTOH, VC was not fun at all after playing the Empire>Orc>Dwarf campaign. The Dwarf was the weaker of those 3 imo (though Ironbreakers really make up for the slow parts), but VC surprised me with how annoying the corruption mechanic was to deal with as themselves.

It's hardly a speedbump. Osmosis and hero abilities makes attrition negligible.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Lol they're nerfing slayer damage.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Any Nvidia users care to report on the performance in DX12 now?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Nanomashoes posted:

Beastmen start with two hordes jesus christ is there anything they don't do better than Chaos?

I'm bracing myself for the possible reveal that they don't need to get involved with the shitvikings little politics, at which point there will be no need to ever play chaos.

Seriously, why would anyone design the game so that chaos somehow get allied with instead of subjugate the vermin they squash?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kainser posted:

I think Chaos might be a bit too strong right now in the grand campaign.

Unless you're playing them yourself, in which case you'll face empire knights and beastmen with your shitvikings.

The basic chaos chariot is so weak that they should just remove them from the game and put gorebeast chariots in one of the existing building chains.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Deified Data posted:

Regardless of whether you find rape abhorrent like a normal human being or you find it to be a regular laff-riot

Please don't be this guy either

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

AttitudeAdjuster posted:

I wish the AI was more willing to assault walked towns/capitals. It feels like they'll only commit if they have overwhelming numerical superiority.

This really is one of the worst problems in the game at this point. When the AI thinks that a four on one advantage are bad odds, you've got yourself some bad AI. Especially since siege defence is really fun.

There should be a movement penalty for breaking siege.

ditty bout my clitty fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Aug 3, 2016

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

AttitudeAdjuster posted:

It'd make sense if this was a realistic medieval warfare sim rather than a game where I can fire goblins at goat men.

I'm hoping for the sake of basic reading comprehension that you've quoted the wrong post. Having chicken poo poo stacks stop and restart the attrition game with my settlements at no expense is not fun.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I understood it like he felt that a movement penalty for breaking siege and running away on the same turn would be "too realistic"

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

toasterwarrior posted:

i have reikland, marienburg, and all of bretonnia and can only afford 2 elite stacks and 3 regulars with 3600 net income. you're telling me the bloodsuckers can run a bit smaller military than that with only 2 provinces, smdh

Empire has a pretty poo poo income/upkeep cost ratio.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

toasterwarrior posted:

CA should change empire difficulty to hard now, it's only gonna get worse when more factions come up and expose more borders to defend

Agreed

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Hell, all the vampires are women anyway. They could've made female vampire lords atleast. Or vampire ladies in this case.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
So, have they all but given up the chaos campaign?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I hope so, all I know is that right now it plays like a chore on any difficulty

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

peer posted:

I don't know whether you can't read or what, but people (even myself!) have been explaining why it's "bad" for a few pages.

This is a great reason to derail a thread with meaningless minutiae. Take your pronouns and gently caress off to tumblr. Remember, the suicide hotline is open 24 hours a day.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

peer posted:

I'm sorry for bringing game-related real world issues into your warhammer safe space, friend

I'm sorry that you feel obligated to point out everything that doesn't conform to your values completely. People like you are why Trump won.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

peer posted:

game-related real world issues

See, now I regret telling you about the suicide hotline.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fangz posted:

Okay, please gently caress off.

Agreed, if noone tells CA that that poo poo just isn't going to fly, people might think that womenfolk ride side saddle in real life, and that would just end feminism right there on the spot.

Stanley Pain posted:

Especially you. :fuckoff:

Truth hurts

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

xthetenth posted:

Trigger warnings for you from here on out on all criticism, gotcha.

I love this self-righteous mix of hurt feelings and misplaced anger. You made trump win. You personally.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Also, gas

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

xthetenth posted:

So when're your parents taking the padding off the doorknobs? You're the one ranting about suicide over people criticising an animation.

Where is it, let's see

:iamafag:

Fangz posted:

the excess expression of views opposed to fascism is why fascism won. if people never used their freedoms of expression then they would never be curtailed

Yes, side saddles are a sign of fascism and oppression of pixels. This is why trump won, your tiny soapboxes.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Pendent posted:

Report the demonstrably lovely posters and move on. Look at those rap sheets- there is no arguing with them.

Dude if these people were even somewhat capable of "moving on", this "discussion" would never have happened.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah the old strategy of "just subjugate Norsca" doesn't work anymore because they'll all hate you so much that as soon as you declare war on someone, or someone declares war on you, they'll refuse the automatic call to arms and go "lol nope I also declare war on you".

Goddammit CA

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Babe Magnet posted:

drat between last month's XCom 2 and this, Humble Monthly is killing it

Too bad I buy all great games at release.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Still waiting for the chaos fix tbh. You'd think they'd be able to shoehorn that in somewhere.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

xthetenth posted:

There's a bizzare notion that somehow a game is a standardized quantity. Therefore, if you can add to a game, it must have been less than a full game.

Then again deus ex MD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

The Lone Badger posted:

I've never fought a defensive city battle.

It's awesome.

Is there a mod specifically tuned to alter the campaign AI to do siege battles even when it doesn't overpower the defending forces by six to one on the autoresolve button?

• Locked thread