Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

peer posted:

Also, (probably) partially to further accentuate the differences between the Counts and the to-be-added Tomb Kings, which are also skeletons but have a whole lot of ranged.
About that; what are the Tomb Kings' specialty, anyway? Or are they an all-rounder faction like the Empire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Triskelli posted:

So those crazy Russians have managed to datamine a roadmap to future DLCs and expansions. CA has already claimed this stuff is outdated but lots of interesting info regardless.

Things of note:

Expansion 1 is "The New World" with High Elves, Dark Elves, and Lizardmen.

Expansion 2 is "Gods of Chaos"

We see numbered DLC for all the remaining major factions (including Chaos Dwarfs!)

Plus dlc5 looks to be a large DLC pack that includes changes to Beastmen, Bretonnia, and adds Wood Elves.

Huh. I'm not sure an expansion that adds nothing but Chaos variants would have enough staying power though.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 20, 2016

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gitro posted:

Do you happen to have a replay? I kind of want to see that play out (although I assume it was mostly taking a bunch of losses at range before charging their arty line and routing everything).

If you're in it for the spectacle there are a bunch of videos of people pitting artillery against chaff, e.g. 200 Hellstorms v. 6000 zombies.

Stalin would be so proud. :ussr:

Mordja fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 22, 2016

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ZearothK posted:

Anyone here has given this Southern Realms mod a shot?

Mods like this are neat but they make me want to wait until people create more custom graphics for them. Like, in the Empire expansion mod, the Knights of Morr are just black-textured Reiksguard, completely lacking their spooky scary skull helms.

Are people able to import their own models into the game or is that restricted?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sjonnar posted:

Naw, that's TKs. VC don't get any ranged units, period. I'm hoping for the Mortis Engine, but my money's on Blood Knights.

Whether its in DLC or upcoming games, I hope the Mortis Engine shows up one way or another.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I imagine this thing is the fantasy equivalent of a Sturmtiger.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Klaus88 posted:

No game of thrones? A shameful display!

:frogout:

I'd much prefer Malazan over GOT.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Really want to see the Jabberslythe animated. Beastmen might have gotten a raw deal in TT (from what I've read in this thread) but unit-wise they definitely look like a weirder, wilder Chaos faction than the Warriors.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sole Survivor posted:

Markus as the next Empire LL would make sense, but I hope we see more than 3 LLs per faction. Kurt Helborg, Volkmar the Grim, Luthor Huss and maybe Ludwig Schwarzhelm would all be pretty awesome to see for the Empire, and should all play pretty differently.

I wouldn't be surprised if they expand the LL count after the next game comes out, though.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Triskelli posted:

It just made more sense for Wood Elves, Beastmen, and Bretonnia to come as a single unit.

If you wanted to wait, like, half a year, sure. Besides they'll probably be bundled at some point.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Looking at that list, Beastmen being released so early does make some amount of sense. None of those units seem to have any overly complicated mechanics to design and I'm sure they can reuse a decent number of animations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gonkish posted:

For your gratuitous violence needs, Minotaurs charging things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIU6BmuHtI0

The part where they charge straight through the marauders, keep going, and knock the Everfailure on his shiny metal rear end. :allears:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Plan Z posted:

Hey I've got a Fall of the Samurai code for anyone wanting it. Just post and I'll hand it off.

I'd like it but no PMs. :(

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Plan Z posted:

Give me your Steam ID or something else, then. I want to say I can trust Goons and post it here but

My Steam name's the same as this one, though you can email it to me at REDACTED. Even if other goons goatse me with it it's a throway account so what do I care.

Thanks a bunch!

Mordja fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Aug 3, 2016

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Plan Z posted:

Give me your Steam ID or something else, then. I want to say I can trust Goons and post it here but

Got the game, thanks again!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mr. Wookums posted:

hold alt and left click to move units while maintaining formation.

Make this the thread title.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
2014 regdate are scum.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hopefully they add squigs and squig accessories...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

SickZip posted:

DLC video on Greek Facebook page.

Ghost and Volkmar

Arch Lector and Strigoi Ghoul King

Mortis Engine (!!!!), Knights of the Blazing Sun, Corpse Cart, Free Company, and Flaggelants
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1184481238280867&id=135465356515799&_rdr

September 1st though...

On the one hand this all looks very cool. On the other hand it means I'm not buying this game until the full DLC cycle is up and I can just buy it all in one go. Hope they'll release the missing Beastmen units in a pack like this...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Kainser posted:

drat, that looks like better value than the beastmen pack. Definitely didn't think we would get the Mortis Engine in this game since it looks about as hard to make as the jabberslythe, hope they do it justice.

e; I mean, look at this:

It looked really loving cool in the video.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

NT Plus posted:

Is this all freemium content coming out?

Because :vince:

Hate to break it to you but...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ZearothK posted:

That looks way better than what I was expecting from the Lord pack. Except for the not featuring Dwarfs part.
It's definitely more than what's on their site:

quote:

Themed on a specific rivalry or conflict from the Warhammer Lore, Lord Packs contain brand new Legendary Lords and supporting units and characters for existing playable races. They typically include:
• 2 new playable Legendary Lords with their own narrative quest chains, campaign bonuses and quest items.
• 2 new Lords to serve as generals.
• A new unique Unit.
• New elite Units of Renown*.
And we're getting 5 new units.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Full list of the Empire's Regiments

I'm curious to see whether they'll be differentiated from normal units in ways that aren't just better stats,

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

KnoxZone posted:

Already looking forward to taking over the world using Volkmar fielding armies of nothing but Flaggelants

I hope they have crazy screams.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Krazyface posted:

Game's getting murdered in the Steam reviews. :(

It's stupid, because it's not as though the game is actually lacking for content without the DLC. Even the new units in the upcoming one are more about adding variety to the factions rather than plugging up obviously missing roles in the unit rosters.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ZearothK posted:

Kislev is fine.

So, uh...guess they still haven't figured out how to get custom models in yet, huh? :stare:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Ciaphas posted:

Are any of the factions especially friendly to a TW novice or shall I just do what I want to do and WAAAAAAAGH (that's a fantasy orc thing still right)

It is, but I think Dorfs are the suggested start since you can make large, tough as nail gun lines.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Agean90 posted:

Isnt Vlad the dracula thats actually pretty chill and not that bad a ruler?

I mean, he's still a goddamn vampire and worse; he's still Imperial nobility.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I you want some clean, fun, good old fashioned peasant abuse you've got to move to Bretonnia.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Lol a "skeleton of a game".

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ZearothK posted:

Dismounted Grail Knights, Dismounted Knights Errant, Dismounted Horses, horse-pulled Trebuchets.

[Edit] I really wish the Empire had horse-pulled artillery.

Brettonian Immortals.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I still don't get why Total Warhammer's dragons don't breathe fire tbh.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Eonwe posted:

I keep thinking I'd like to buy this game, and every time I look there is another expensive rear end DLC pack

Two things you can do:
1) Wait until all the DLC is finished and the overall price goes down/there's a sale and pick up the entire bundle.
2) Just buy the base game, there's a lot to it and if you find yourself wanting more then pick up whichever packs interest you.

Namaste Eonwe & go with god.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

brocretin posted:

Dwarfs
- anvil of doom
- [?troll/giant slayers iunno]
- rangers (duh)
- maybe some new artillery/'mounts' for master engie
- runelord (w/ anvil of doom 'mount')

Isn't the only artillery not yet ingame just the ballista?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

toasterwarrior posted:

I mean yeah, I can't just rustle up a bunch of Trollhammers and convenient targets at a moment's notice. When it comes to tech differences, I fear that Thunderers may have an edge since they get reload rate reduction and damage, while Irondrakes only get damage (and a miniscule increase of range). Maybe veterancy and Master Engineer buffs are enough to swing it over to their favor, but I sincerely doubt they'll be able to replace Slayers/Thunderers entirely. I'll definitely try them out in conjunction with them, though.

Trollhammers do have an arc though and can fire over a line.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

fnordcircle posted:

Just staved off the Chaos invasion as the viking dwarves. Those fuckers in the south are gonna pay for showing me zero gratitude.

You Dwarfs sure are a contentious people.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Fangz posted:

If they made the base game more expensive, or had less playability, would you be happy? If they handed out fewer free DLC with the DLC releases and instead made you have to spend money to get them would things be great?

Inherently DLC has to be a worse value proposition than the base game, because not everyone is gonna buy them. So they will be earning less for the devs at a given fixed price. The game's fun, buy the DLC if it makes sense for you.

I don't see how this is remotely like Deus Ex's pay-to-break-the-game model. Also the blood stuff isn't just adding a spatter code, it adds new animations for each model in terms of decapitations etc.

Yeah, not that I'm complaining, but videogames should probably be a lot more expensive than they are, considering how much they've increased in fidelity and production costs without increasing in price. A continuous DLC model is pretty much the company trying to recoup that difference.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mazz posted:

Not sure anyone figured out adding new models to a warscape game yet

Nah, they definitely have, else how could they make this Star Wars mod for Rome 2?

Or perhaps more fittingly those LOTR and Medieval mods for Attila.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 7, 2016

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Kainser posted:

I like that the Dwarfs are getting a Rat Poison tech to keep imaginary 'Dawi-sized rats' at bay.

What a superstitious people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'd rather have small units die quickly in Medieval 2 than have them be unkillable blocks like in the loving Third Age Total War mod.
Haha, yeah I gave it a try relatively recently. Ask me about losing entire stacks of goblins to three squads of archers, in melee.

Also ask me about uninstalling the drat thing before turn 20.

• Locked thread