Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I saw a video where a guy selected his whole battleline, and was able to reposition it somewhere else while maintaining the relative positions of each unit. Whenever I try to do that it just drags it into a single line...what sorcery is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I forgot how vital the +movement in own territory mod is, my stunties chasing chaos all over the badlands :negative:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I haven't used them but they seem like they'd be good just anchoring the centre of your line in front of missile units so you can fold in from a heavily stacked flank

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I just need fat dead toads, crocodile men and glorious jungle temples

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah Skaven are going to be interesting when they get added. I imagine they will probably be one of the core races of one of the sequel/expansion releases rather than a DLC thing - they've got enough unique mechanics that they'd probably have to design the rest of the content around them for it to work.

You know they're just going to use the exact same underway/beast path/roots of the world mechanic right?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Dartonus posted:

It was, but with a functionality change: where the old version damaged all enemies who had line-of-sight to the casket when opened, the most recent rules had it fire a shot with a chance to bounce to other nearby units, potentially bouncing until it ran out of eligible targets. In exchange the Casket was no longer tied to your Liche Priest and they lifted the 1-per-army restriction.

Did they give the army book to someone who's never even seen raiders? gently caress.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Cythereal posted:

Yeah. Remember that Bretonnia is Arthurian England of myth, only French.

If you want pike and shot, poofy sleeves, or awesome moustaches, you want the Empire (or Dwarfs for that last one).

Show me a dwarf with an awesome
moustache and I'll show you a dwarf with a lovely beard

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Isn't the idea of foot and mounted squires just that...they're squires?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Panfilo posted:

When all the map expansions are done I wonder if it will be possible to circumnavigate the map by just heading east far enough.

I would be very surprised if they included places like Cathay

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Does burning down all the norscan settlements actually have an effect? Bjornlings or whatever haven't had any settlements for a while and are stomping around Tilea with two full stacks. I'm just wondering if it's actually worth my time to do so

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Had a battle which the strength thing at the start told me I was less than 5% chance of winning, wiped out the opposing force losing 1/3rd of my guys (no units wiped), got given a close victory :negative:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Drunk in Space posted:

I hope for the next TW game they let you attach to allied AI armies or have them follow your own. The best battles tend to be the ones where your friends come and die horribly in your place help you out, but even with the war target coordination system they're few and far between given that everyone moves on different turns.

Particularly if the enemy army ends up retreating when you do manage to get an allied battle set up.

I had a great one the other day though, Archaon attacking Karl Franz while my Louen was on site. Real Helms Deep type poo poo when my mass cavalry comes sweeping onto the flank of the chaos army.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Cool thanks for feedback.

Also I know this is a super general question, but are top tier units worth it? I've generally heard that many good units > few great units. Until you get super late game and can have an entire stack of top tier units.

Also how do you supplement stacks? Like do I move stack B close to enemy, then actually attack enemy with stack A?

Yeah when you mouse over an enemy for attack there will be yellow / red arrows from any armies who would be reinforcements. If you're aiming to 2 on 1 an enemy army it's worth having some movement left over because they'll often retreat the first time, so it becomes move army B up close, attack with army A, move army B up to the enemies new position, attack with army A again

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I love playing as Beastmen. Something very satisfying about ambushing empire armies especially and starting some hounds 2 seconds away from their artillery trains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Dinosaurs own

• Locked thread