Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Are beast men as terrible as they were on tabletop? Is this worth $15?.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Dandywalken posted:

No they're good, and also a buncha sluts from down below in Castle Greyskull.

:confused:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

So can I play against the beastos in the campaign even if I don't buy call of beastos?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Funny, AI Empire did pretty well against Chaos in my Dwarf game. They didn't get past Talebheim.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Kainser posted:

They'll probably start teasing Wood Elves by the end of August.

Say Wood Elves ten times fast and it comes out Wolves. Coincidence??? :tinfoil:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

The really dumb thing about agents is that for horde factions they are the only way to force battle short of sieges. Only if they're level 6 or above. And they can be killed. Think about what that means.

Agents aren't fine. The concept of agents may be fine, but their implementation in Total Warhammer is all over the place. For Empire they're working okay, for VC they don't make a whole lot of sense, for Chaos and Dwarfs they are a kludgey nuisance. Even for Empire they are a click tax without interesting choices. I also hope they get completely overhauled.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 26, 2016

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

What mods should I have?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Tomb Kings are mummies and skeletons who got woken up all at the same time and are grumpy about it. That's pretty much it.

They mostly want their kids/ancestors to get off the drat lawn, there's too many skeletons. So they fight about that.

But then sometimes somebody comes plundering, and they get all riled up about dead people's property rights and fight over that too.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Ugh I don't like how the AI gets to cheat newly conquered settlements into fully kitted out tier 3 towns. A free garrison of 16 high tech units is too much to deal with in some early campaigns.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

How should I make my Orc stacks in the midgame? Still fighting dwarves. I've got the hang of chaining victories together to make WAAAAGHs happen but dwarf lines just take so long to go down I'm reorganizing my armies because it's still too hard even with 2 or 3 to 1 advantage in numbers.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mans posted:

Waaghs work best at supporting sieges or being the second army for a 2vs2 where the AI won't run. Just park your main army near the target and throw the waagh at it.

I've only ever had Waaaghs defeated without involving my army when trying this.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Decus posted:

Your waaaagh counts as a non-player, minor faction. Tossing it at either a major faction or one of the factions the game considers to be your rival--calculated based on victory conditions and your relations--means it'll be decimated without doing any damage, even if its a 20 stack with great units going up against a starting unit 10 stack, but tossing it at a minor that isn't taking up one of the rival slots (5 of them? I forget) can be successful sometimes. Since you don't know for sure which factions are your rival it's a gamble that rarely pays off over telling it to fight wall-less settlements or stick with you.

Huh?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

So is the Woodsmen App good?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Is this a good expansion?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I'm disappointed they didn't add forest provinces in previously impassible terrain. :sad:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Night10194 posted:

Has Naval Combat ever really worked well in any TW game, though?

Napoleon had good naval combat. The AI was bad at it but multiplayer was dank. The weather gauge was kind of unfair but what can you do? Wind isn't fair.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

How many wizards is the right number?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Can I get free companies without the GrimGrab DLC?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

JBP posted:

Are they calling this TW:W2 or is it an expansion? What is going on with this thing?

The Witcher 2: Total Warhamster

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

BadLlama posted:

Wasn't the End Times non-sense caused by the Skaven though? Crashing moons into planets etc.

The End Times was caused by a fatal lack of trademark.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Ammanas posted:

Man I gotta tell u I am not feeling the aesthetics of lizard dudes but I trust CA to execute em well

How does it feel to be misaligned with the Great Plan?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Third World Reggin posted:

import age of sigmar rules

the more times you buy the skaven dlc, the more units you can bring into multiplayer

How is Age of Sigmar doing anyway?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Any advice for fighting Dwarfs as Greenskins past like turn 100? There's just so much in those armies that I can barely scratch. Superior numbers goes a long way but the AI lately has been keeping all its armies really close together.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Any tips for the Greenskin vs. Undead matchup? I'm used to squeezing Dwarf armies until they break, but Undead don't break and there's always more of them on the campaign map.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Zore posted:

I hope its Empire because everyone else is rocking way more starts and unique things than them at this point.

Vamps have literally double the number of LLs they do.

Vamps are the LL faction though, literally nobody else in the VC roster has a personality.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

What's the correct way to start a Wood Eels Champaign?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mukip posted:

The vortex spells can be quite useful for Empire since hordes of marauders/skeletons/whatever tend to blob up in frontal attacks making them good targets for it.

Get back to the LP mines or alternatively Point Hock

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

The stand-alone expansequel comes out in like three months I don't think we'll see any DLC for Total Warhammer.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

verbal enema posted:

What's a good start / tips for a new player to Total War

Mouse and keyboard is the way to go for this game.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Dark elves more like Dork elves haha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

huh?

• Locked thread