Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

whoa just saw my ban message composed of hillary campaign lies, exmarx you are twisted :o:

Condiv has issued a correction as of 12:08 on Nov 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Homework Explainer posted:

theres an account that seems like a probable rereg but i ain't no snitch

reregs are allowed for political toxxes, it was in the qcs thread

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

a white cop found out he had one drop and told his friends, and now the racism just won't stop:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/michigan-white-officer-african-ancestry-lawuit_us_59121a90e4b05e1ca202840e

quote:

Michigan police officer Cleon Brown is suing his chief and the city after a chain of events that began when he took a genetic test through Ancestry.com in December and was surprised to learn he could trace 18 percent of his DNA to regions in Africa.

Brown was also surprised by how his fellow officers in the Hastings Police Department reacted to the news.

He said the police chief called him “Kunte,” after the character in Alex Haley’s novel “Roots: The Saga of an American Family,” while other officers whispered “Black lives matter” when they walked past, according to MLive.com.

Even the mayor, who has since retired, made cracks, according to Brown’s attorney, Karie Boylan, who has filed a lawsuit on Brown’s behalf.

“There was an instance where my client was talking to the mayor, and the mayor ― upon learning that my client was 18 percent African-American ― proceeded to tell him a racist joke” using a racial slur, she told CBS Detroit.

pic of cop in question: super white

i remember the FBI was worried about police because they were infested with the KKK and white supremacy groups, but i wish we actually had got figures on it,cause i'd guess we've got like 90% kkk/neonazi cops

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

so is this the cspam videogame thred? I'm gonna assume it is

anyone playing no man's sky after the new update? so far it seems like they fixed a good deal of stuff. my biggest complaint is the game seems to like to start me on murder planets with acid rain or molten atmospheres. kinda hard to hunt down repair mats when my space suit bursts into flame every time I set outside a cave.

also, the planet I started on somehow gets hotter at night... how the gently caress does that work?

otherwise I'm enjoying the changes

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Al! posted:

i go back to it now and then, its a very good stare at pretty things simulator

they seem to have made it a little bit more than that now. i remember when it first released there was literally nothing to do but tool around teh galaxy looking at stuff. it looks like they've improved crafting and stuff a lot now. i found a new ship, but all its poo poo is busted (including inventory space, which takes $$$ to fix). apparently there are also quests and 30hrs of story now, but i wouldn't know, cause i've only learned 15 words from the fart chicken race i encountered and i can't understand much aside from "friend" and "oxide". i think one of the fart chickens gave me some seeds to grow some space weed :yeah:

having fun this time around instead of bored out of my mind. also found a non-constantly lethal planet and been exploring that. all in all, the new patch seems p nice.

i take that to mean this is indeed the video shame thread

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Taintrunner posted:

I tried no man's sky for an hour and it seems okay but lately I've been playing a lot of IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow/Kuban and shooting Nazis. I wasted like ten minutes in a bomber circling around making passes on a train shooting at me with machine guns

there was an update for it like 3 days ago. the original game when released was.... bad. they've added a lot to it and it seems a lot more enjoyable now.

shot someone down today and got away before the space police arrested me. i should also probably get around to fixing the warp drive on my ship sometime, but i'm trying to save for a non-poo poo gun

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

ill believe it when i see it

it's awesome man it's got flame decals and everything

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

rudatron posted:

Recently finished Nier automata, really loving good game, even if it suffers content/price wise. Really creative ending that's worth not spoiling for yourself.

yeah it was great. i haven't played the dlc yet, someday tho

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

I'm still pissed that stellaris didn't have mechanical races at launch

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

the robot

Jazerus posted:

stellaris was a hot loving mess behind the scenes because the guy who was the project head before launch had the team spend all their time reinventing the basic framework of a 4x, leaving the game with very little content at launch (because paradox set the release date with tons of fanfare before they realized it was still going to be unplayably bad on that date and put wiz in charge)

wow didn't realize stellaris' dev was such a shitshow

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

yeah what u fukken need

i do. i need more robots in stellaris

more robots in general please. a new armored core game would be nice! also, megaman legends 3!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju2P4V4Vc_8&t=6s

:swoon::fh:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i wanna see an anime about giant robots that make friends with each other and go do chill poo poo like hike the AT while all the dumbass humans have to figure out their stupid problems theyself

watch space dandy

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i *did*

still way too anthrocentric imo

they are using us to fukken make all their anime now they could at least let us tell a story or two!

maybe play nier 1 then

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

nier automata also has robots doing their thing.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

:agreed: move along rudatron

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

wth that was an exemplary performance of his programming!

i just don't like robophobia and am disgusted by it. even from self-hating robots!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Nebakenezzer posted:

Mr. Bradley did you get your Civic back?

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/08/junkyard-find-1986-honda-civic-1300-hatchback/

I'm building a plastic model of a Dodge Ramcharger

It was a blocky as gently caress truck that was in production for like 20 years with a single styling refresh

In Canada they rusted off the roads decades ago so I subsist on plastic

i like building plastic models of robots

aka gunpla

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Nebakenezzer posted:

I sorta wish all the people building small nerdy things could get together in a big thread

But if we did that, there would be a post once every twenty pages from a scale modeller, it'd be almost entirely youse small robot builders and mini-painters

PS> We have a really skilled model trains dude in the scale model thread and we've learned that it is incredibly easy to troll the average model railroader, they'd have your angry conservative uncle calling them reactionary

c-spam gunpla and friends thred

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Taintrunner posted:

poo poo, what should we do? Ball Gundam? Zakus? Something not too pricey/hard to get

hygogg!

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby...keywords=hygogg

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Taintrunner posted:

yeah I guess the Ball is a bad start. we could all do a basic Zaku and encourage people to be creative painting them and what not?

if we do anything i'd hope it can be in december cause i can't afford any new models till then

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

is mrbradlymrmartin advocating for people to do a zoids gunpla thing instead? tbh, i think robot human is cooler than robot tiger or robot bee

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i did find some old as poo poo eva models, or at least part of em

maybe ill see whats what and what i can paint or w/e? idk :thunk:

u should make this:

that robot doesn't give a gently caress about looking like any organic life form

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Neurolimal posted:

I heard c-spam were painting succ-mocks; any theme or guidelines, or is it just "buy a robot and paint it nerds"

so far it seems we're just doing buy the robot and paint it.

but we'll have a gunpla thread to actually post any such themeing rules and guidelines should they end up existing

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i just found this on twitter

https://twitter.com/iluvbutts247/status/899407790795403264/photo/1

also now the gunpla thread exists? nice!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

thanks for tom cruise's butt

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/GCC_LGBT/status/901012714369286149

https://twitter.com/GCHQ/status/901015380617043968

:laffo: :shepicide:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Guy Goodbody posted:

remember when that one magazine had an e-ink cover and everybody was like, "whoa, welcome to the future!" and nobody did anything with that ever again?

a couple of e-readers used e-ink

it's unfortunate that's not a thing anymore, seemed like a cool idea. low energy page-like displays

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

crazy cloud posted:

spoilers, gently caress

why would you want to read spiderman comics after you hear he beat up dobby? that makes him p much as bad as lucius malfoy doesn't it?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i stopped playing no man's sky cause while it's shaping up to be a fun game, it's still got obvious flaws:

in response to getting thrown off a trading base platform when parking your ship posted:

The trick is to approach the center landing area towards the left-most platform. You'll almost always land on either the left or center pad, and since you always exit to the right unless the game glitches and you sort of just hangout in the middle of the ship you won't be ejected off the entire station.

playing monster hunter 4 ultimate now, with toukiden 2 after i think

i love bashing monsters with my insect glaive

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

w h a t w e h a t e i n o t h e r s i s a r e f l e c t i o n o f w h a t w e h a t e i n o u r s e l v e s

i don't hate it, i just want to play the game at its high point. you know?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Al! posted:

im trying to finish ff7 and also playing sonic mania which is an insanely good game

i heard sonic mania was good, but haven't looked into it. been moving through my backlog a lot, finally finished horizon zero dawn (was disappointed with the lack of weapon selection in the game)

also, i hate cloud and i laughed when.. well, you'll see

punchymcpunch posted:

dont hate the player hate the game

lately ive been playin a game called shave little plastic nubs off a model kit and then your hand slips and you say ahh goddamn it well maybe the paint will cover that up

i need to find somewhere that sells himocks in france for cheap

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Squizzle posted:

amazon?? maybe amazon.uk????

all my options on amazon.fr seem to take until october to get the model to me (cause it ships from japan) so i was hoping to find a local hobby shop that had it. i mean, paris has a lot of stuff for sale so there's gotta be a store that sells this right?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncnz_zWmqDQ

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

my first jrpg was either final fantasy mystic quest or ffiv (also known as ff2 in the US)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

my first was chrono trigger

i remember that poo poo was like eighty five bucks in stores when it dropped cuz of the chips lol

fukken cartridges

i never played chrono trigger till the ps1 rerelease. on the other hand i did play earthbound when it came out

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i bought earthbound the summer after my cousin got chrono trigger for xmas :90s:

the scratch and sniff stickers in the guidebook were so drat weird

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

quote this if you actually gave the orange kid money

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i guess i'm the only one who fell for the orange kid's lies... :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

what video games does that involve then :thunk:

just lol if you haven't played bubsy 3d literally non-stop since it was released

• Locked thread