Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I am reading McKay Coppins' Wilderness book and it's very well written. Worth reading if you haven't already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I've also been playing Mario Maker on Expert and right now I'm not sure I'll ever need another videogame. Some of the levels are religious experiences.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I'm happy with my WiiU. I bought it last year give or take and between it and a gaming PC I don't feel like I'm missing much gamewise. I'm excited about 3D stuff in a year or two though, but as much of my gaming as possible is couch co-op and that seems unlikely to be a thing in a 3D future.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Bloodborne looks cool, but DS 1-3 exist. I only buy a couple of new releases a year and get everything else on Steam. Steam owns.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Hopefully I can emulate it a decade or two from now on gaming PC then. Because the world where my husband lets me buy a non-Nintendo console isn't this one.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Schnorkles posted:

Probate Dalael on sight imo

I feel like D&D are probably better recipients of his wit.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Kind of admire the honesty. Like a wasp or one of those poison frogs.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

rear end cobra posted:

When I gave in and realized that I have terrible taste in music was a good day for me

I own Aqua's entire discography and they remain the only albums I've ever paid for. Terrible music owns.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Baloogan has American blood in him (I think) and thus understands FREEDOM in a way no non-American ever will.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I roasted a bunch of different kinds of mushrooms only this time I used sesame oil instead of olive oil. It worked out really well. Gotta put some chipotle chili powder on them when you put them in the oven, that's the secret to amazing roasted mushrooms.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Whoever had the nuclear reactors melting down while they were trying to drink tea, that was a great sig.Whoever made it should be proud.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Fair warning, the argument is about semantics, dangling participles, grocer's apostrophes and whether 'apostrophes' back there should have had a comma after it.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Classic Comrade posted:

okay i dunno if there are any bug/insect nerds on here but like

this huge fuckin bug flew over my head in my kitchen and i can't find it which is freaking me out

at first i thought it was a wasp or hornet or a beetle

but it didn't buzz really loudly, if at all, which made me think maybe it's a moth? but it seemed to have a big stinger-lookin thing on it's butt??? and it was like maybe half the size of my pinky

goddamn i'm just gonna be holed up in my bedroom now like :tinfoil:

don't worry the house spiders will kill it.
unless you're the type to murder house spiders, in which case your comeuppance has arrived.
(Where do you live in general? That's going to help narrow things down)
*edit*

I tried the avocado oil when I made mushrooms. They were much better than when I'd been using olive oil but about the same as when I used sesame oil, maybe a little better. Thanks for the good advice Mrit.

Peztopiary has issued a correction as of 01:35 on Jun 16, 2016

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Homework Explainer posted:

actually eating bugs is good and should be done more often. plentiful, low-emissions source of protein

They're too crunchy, they're like shards in your mouth. I mean, you're eating shells and most of our diet is softer than that. I've only had the mealworm larvae coated in various powders and chocolate ants though, maybe some bugs are less terrible.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

"thank you so much. could we get another bottle of wine and have you heard the good news about the immortal science of marxism-leninism?"

*server rolls eyes, mutters ' Bourgeoisie' under breath*

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I would advise against this, but if you do it make sure there is video.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Does anyone remember if John Titor remembered a Trump presidency?

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
lol, you're not free until you've Cromwelled the royals. which you're not going to do because you're a Commonwealth of Cucks.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
So it turns out mixing wine and Coke has a name. I thought it was just a smart thing to do, but no. If for some reason this hasn't occurred to you as a thing to do, it is tasty as hell and you should try it.

*edit* Beer Chat -- I like Black IPAs a lot, but they they don't have local ones over here in DC that I've been able to find.

Peztopiary has issued a correction as of 01:25 on Jun 26, 2016

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I am of the firm opinion that caffeine is necessary to a long life. My grandfather lived into his 90s and he had two black cups of coffee every day.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
When someone tells you they're an American citizen without you asking 'Congratulations' is an acceptable response, true or false?

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Some people are wiry. If you weigh 150 before you do any exercise probably some of that is fat. I dunno, I gained weight when I was lifting/running but never got over 180.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

lol what do you beanpoles even squat

Trying to get back up to my body weight. Not that, at the moment.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Mrit posted:

Is it common for a wedding ceremony to start late? Was supposed to start at 7:00, never seen this before... Bride seems to be MIA.

Bride pulled a runner, eh? It happens. Eat as much free food at the reception as you can.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Mrit posted:

They eventually showed, 75 minutes after the ceremony was supposed to begin, and had a 5 minute ceremony. Then we ate a fully vegetarian meal with vegan and gluten-free options. :geno:

Ahahaha, the ultimate hustle. The rare wedding where the couple might make more out of it than they put into it, good for them.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Why do people keep doing that? Did some mod in the dim and murky past undo a probie?

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
If probations kept you from reading the site they'd be lovely, but Jesus you can hold your hot takes for a quarter of a day.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Does anyone remember a post from I guess 2008 that was basically about how the previous president took over the current one's body after the election? It blamed GWB on Clinton being irresponsible and was basically about Obama looking on in horror as GWB heads out to take the oath of office in his body.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Doing your civic duty sucks. I mean, obviously you should do it, but courthouses are terrible places. In the Commonwealth of Virginia (God drat the entire place (they seriously have a Jefferson Davis Highway (loving US 1 the rat bastards) running straight into DC)) they can ban electronic devices. 'Pez,' you say, 'that sounds totally reasonable. Shouldn't be in court on your cellphone.' It's the entire courthouse. Of course lawyers and cops get an exception. Witnesses though? Nah, come sit around this boring rear end courthouse for however long, under penalty of law if you justifiably decide you personally don't give a poo poo about the crime you inadvertently witnessed. They also don't comp parking, the fuckers.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

pez you don't have to tell the cops when you accidentally read one of your own posts

Jesus. :supaburn:

Al! posted:

I know what you mean, i am in court 3-4 times a week over all these minor drug offenders i am reporting. It makes it hard to hold down a job but the law is the law

Dude took out a lightpole while he was drunk. I don't care about drugs, but am glad that you're doing what you your civic duty compels you to.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Solvent posted:

Freshman?
I've noticed a lot of people under the age of 20 can be really entitled little snots.

You know, I've dropped my iPhone at least a dozen times, once down some stairs, and the Otterbox I got the guy at the Verizon store to throw in is hardly even scratched. What are people doing to their phones?

How can you show off the rose gold in a black box. Otterboxes are amazing though.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
That goon was a coward though.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Is there any good public figure with jowls? I feel like they might be the Mark of Cain.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Had questionable relations with a trio of 'boy investigators'.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
It is cowardly bullshit to close your thread as soon as it gets moved out of the Alt-Right light sewer GBS turned into, agreed.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I'd just like to congratulate CSpam on outliving GBS our hated forums rival.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Counterpoint: Baloogan and Last Girl (assuming she survives) are easily the best IKs we've had.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Another gorgeous night in DC.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Solvent posted:

No horrid hurricane for you? I'm really ignorant about the east coast. I figured the whole thing would have been drenched by now

DC isn't really on the coast. We're getting some this afternoon, < an inch though. The hurricane seems like it's hooking back out to sea and possibly coming back around at Florida, last I saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
About the inheritance stuff, can you setup a trust for your brother? It'd be kind of an allowance thing, and as the executor it'd be easy to do. They wouldn't need to know that the deceased hadn't done it.

• Locked thread