Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Baloogan posted:

also haha dalleel banned from YCS and My Imaginary Boy Friend getting mistaken for MIGF has made this the best day ever.

whether it was or wasn't migf doesn't matter as gimmick accounts are extremely dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

drat, is this what it feels like to be owned

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Classic Comrade posted:

is migf even still around or did he get banned or probied; i haven't seen him

thought for sure he'd be summoned by the "deep dish pizza sucks" post

he got a month so i gave mibf a month also

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

birb

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

it's baloogan

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the latest baloogan probates all ran up against one another three stooges in doorway style so he ended up with a few days instead of a week. small mercies

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Goetta posted:

I like how this forum is so bitter that the off-topic chat thread just talks about probating people

oh sorry do you NOT like reading the whiny pms of dorks who can't post for six whole hours

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Adventures in OKCupid

there was a picture here. it's gone now.

R. Guyovich has issued a correction as of 10:01 on Dec 19, 2017

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Mrit posted:

How is this person an 83% match for a literal Communist?

Hell, I'm just a leftist and her answers make me mad.

we agree on literally everything else

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

my second question is always whether they have accepted the immortal science of marxism-leninism into their heart

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Al! posted:

You have white skin right? You'll be fine

v presumptuous

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i chickened out and didn't actually send that message btw

"identitarian" is a more accurate term, also. less baggage and describes a specific strain of liberalism

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Classic Comrade posted:

i was at my sister's baby shower on sunday and i was drinking this alcoholic root beer type thing and some kid walked up to me and was like "they let you drink BEER????"

lmao i'm gonna get carded till im 50

i've been mistaken for a younger person also and it's both off-putting and strangely flattering

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Solvent posted:

I'm mistaken for faculty at the community college I attend. I think I'm envious, but I'm not sure what's worse.

you really have to stop wearing so much tweed

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the unhinged comments are half the reason i write

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

is there an entomologist in the house

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Classic Comrade posted:

also i finally found the stupid bug! it was definitely some kind of beetle. so weird that it was so quiet, though! beetles are usually really buzzy.

it was hiding under an envelope so i just kinda scooped it up with the envelope and threw it outside lol

thank you for not killing the bug.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

actually eating bugs is good and should be done more often. plentiful, low-emissions source of protein

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Karl Barks posted:

is this the thread for arguing

No!!!!!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the hits just keep on coming

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

SCENE — EXTERIOR
WOODEN BENCH, LAKESIDE

"JANE": So, what do you like to do in your spare time?

HOMEWORK EXPLAINER: [producing LITTLE RED BOOK] To let things slide for the sake of peace and friendship when a person has clearly gone wrong, and refrain from principled argument because he is an old acquaintance, a fellow townsman, a schoolmate, a close friend, a loved one, an old colleague or old subordinate. Or to touch on the matter lightly instead of going into it thoroughly, so as to keep on good terms. The result is that both the organization and the individual are harmed. This is one type of liberalism.

"JANE": Oh, um, wow! That's interesting! Do you have any family in to —

HOMEWORK EXPLAINER: To indulge in irresponsible criticism in private instead of actively putting forward one's suggestions to the organization. To say nothing to people to their faces but to gossip behind their backs, or to say nothing at a meeting but to gossip afterwards. To show no regard at all for the principles of collective life but to follow one's own inclination. This is a second type.

To let things drift if they do not affect one personally; to say as little as possible while knowing perfectly well what is wrong, to be worldly wise and play safe and seek only to avoid blame. This is a third type.

Not to obey orders but to give pride of place to one's own opinions. To demand special consideration from the organization but to reject its discipline. This is a fourth type.

To indulge in personal attacks, pick quarrels, vent personal spite or seek revenge instead of entering into an argument and struggling against incorrect views for the sake of unity or progress or getting the work done properly. This is a fifth type.

To hear incorrect views without rebutting them and even to hear counter-revolutionary remarks without reporting them, but instead to take them calmly as if nothing had happened. This is a sixth type.

["JANE" has gotten up and left. HOMEWORK EXPLAINER continues.]

To be among the masses and fail to conduct propaganda and agitation or speak at meetings or conduct investigations and inquiries among them, and instead to be indifferent to them and show no concern for their well-being, forgetting that one is a Communist and behaving as if one were an ordinary non-Communist. This is a seventh type.

To see someone harming the interests of the masses and yet not feel indignant, or dissuade or stop him or reason with him, but to allow him to continue. This is an eighth type.

To work half-heartedly without a definite plan or direction; to work perfunctorily and muddle along--"So long as one remains a monk, one goes on tolling the bell." This is a ninth type.

To regard oneself as having rendered great service to the revolution, to pride oneself on being a veteran, to disdain minor assignments while being quite unequal to major tasks, to be slipshod in work and slack in study. This is a tenth type.

To be aware of one's own mistakes and yet make no attempt to correct them, taking a liberal attitude towards oneself. This is an eleventh type.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Schnorkles posted:

Homework Explainer, do you sit down all your dates and look deeply into their eyes and tell them that you're a communist?

nah, only if politics comes up naturally in conversation and i feel like it wouldn't be awkward to drop the c-bomb

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

"thank you so much. could we get another bottle of wine and have you heard the good news about the immortal science of marxism-leninism?"

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

G.C. Furr III posted:

You're just leaving the restaurant when your server says "excuse me, i think you're forgetting something" and hands you a note - "forgetting that one is a Communist and behaving as if one were an ordinary non-Communist. This is a seventh type."

if i had a nickel

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

please do not do that.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Schnorkles posted:

Anyone who does not turn all of their conversations into commentaries on class struggle is a filthy capitalist and will be first against the wall

this includes online forums so enjoy the lime pit mother fucker

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

as a self-hating texan i feel a knee-jerk need to both dump on all other states and talk poo poo about my own even though i don't live there anymore

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

got a lot of euro/copa america games to catch up on, yikes

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

hazard played like hot garbage all season then found his form in time to own tottenham and assist in their collapse, so i love him

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i do NOT like that, op.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

in addition to looking for a soccer league i am also thinking about taking fencing classes because i want to complete my transformation into a fancy dan

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Al! posted:

a good metaphor for ycs imo

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Your Weltanschauung Sucks

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Idiot Quarantine Zone

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Shitpost Office

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Classic Comrade posted:

gonna have to re-name this thread now, to reflect the renaming of the subforum

done

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

also in case anyone doesn't get the reference in the thread title: Cher Calls CSPAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i meant to share it earlier but i found the actual best okc profile

• Locked thread