Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

I'm lazy as hell, but I'm gonna get my exercise one I stop the sewer backing up in my basement and install a Vive room. Already put in some serious time on a friend's, sweated like a mad bastard and was sore for days and loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Classic Comrade posted:

ya i just have a PC for gaming stuff

so console-excusive games make me sad

*cough* bloodborne *cough*

at least the new dark souls is available for pc; im prolly gonna get that

It's worth it, most definitely.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Classic Comrade posted:

ya the reason i'm not as interested in the older dark souls games is that i really like the mechanics of bloodborne better so im glad the new dark souls kept all those; makes it a lot more appealing, to me

ehhhhhh

It's a pretty different animal to Bloodborne really. Shields being a thing makes an enormous difference just by itself.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Homework Explainer posted:

i got shenmue and barely played it, what a foolish child i was. so close to greatness

Unrelated to videogames, your probies are the best-written thing on this forum right now.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

NumberLast posted:

I can buy it online. :shrug:

I found a way anyone can, but...I legitimately think I'm on a list now. You can buy uranium on this site. :stare:

You can get lab supplies up to and including active pathogens pretty easily if you don't mind being on a watch list. It's kinda the cost of entry if you work in a lab that's too small to have independent provisioning and security.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

hi im here for the free argument

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Classic Comrade posted:

classic comrade, ally of nature

Was it a stinger thing or just a dangly ovipositor?

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Classic Comrade posted:

it must've been the latter. hopefully it didn't lay eggs uggaspodhjfalkjfgdafl;skjf :cripes:

beeˇtle3
ˈbēdl/
verb
gerund or present participle: beetling
(of a person's eyebrows) project or overhang threateningly.
"piercing eyes glittered beneath a great beetling brow"

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

At the vet with four new kittens. Why is this forum so dead and gay?

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

docbeard posted:

We just got one new kitten, about 6 months old, and I don't think I've ever seen a cat adjust to a new home as quickly and smoothly as he has. We'll see how that holds up when it comes time for his vet visit, but so far he is the chillest little guy.

Yeah, I feel like I've burned all my luck on well-adjusted cats. These four and their mother under quarantine, then the nine in gen-pop. I feel like I live in a cat cafe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2dp1Ci1yQw

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Mayor Dave posted:

Cats seem chill but I'm super allergic and taking pills everyday just to have one doesn't seem like fun

I am allergic to cats! Or was. Over-exposure can sometimes "fix" an allergy, if it doesn't kill you first.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Worse Than Communism

Dipshits and Disagreement

Government Jizz

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

The Bad Opinion Zone (it is an Undertale reference but aside from that it's ok)

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

Helping children through research and development.

Bananarama Republic

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Lonely Planet: Hills to Die On

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Shitwhiff Gulch

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

The Bad Faith Bears

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Henry Kissinger posted:

Friends of Henry Kissinger

The Paradol Ex Memorial Garbage Fire

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

NumberLast posted:

The Real Ghost Busters

but what if debs wasn't kill

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Others I came up with:

OK, Bring Your Own Ballot is the best.

One more terrible idea from me tho -
MLG VOTING: Cool Ranch Davidians

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

zen death robot posted:

It's not supposed to be focused on elections as much though so keep that in mind

Is it possible for one subforum to care... too much?

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

imagine a butt farting on a boner... forever

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

docbeard posted:

My old college roommate and his wife are coming to town and we're going to get together for dinner.

I'm considering a pre-emptive ban on political chat.
This is always a good idea. Finding out what your friends actually support/believe outside of what made them your friends in the first place doesn't always (or even usually) make you respect them more. Unless you're gonna need to be interacting with your old college roommate frequently enough in the near future to make it worth establishing a common understanding just avoid it altogether and try to enjoy dinner while silently judging him and his wife.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Classic Comrade posted:

i saw so many near-accidents and a couple actual-accidents during 4th of july weekend it was pretty :eyepop:

like i know holiday = drunk, but drat, it was really somethin

This year was definitely worse than usual for some reason.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

NumberLast posted:

It's got that special "End of the world" feeling

https://youtu.be/7qDldRWfyr4

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

I spent years trying to convince myself I liked computers more than as things that are gratifying to use. Finally gave up and went back to school for biochem. Best decision of my life. I'm a fan of programming and all that stuff, but I can't make myself into more than that. Hats off to the people that can actually enjoy it.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

gently caress this loving heat gently caress
every time i lift my arm off the desk it sounds like a fat person getting waxed

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Karl Barks posted:

if the shoe fits...

yeah ok i need to lose a little weight but 190 at 6'2" only feels fat because i weighed 160 before i started working from home
gently caress this heeeeeat

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

My Imaginary BF posted:

Left: Socio
Right: Economic

Tomatoes are bullshit but the rest of that looks great. Cold. Man, I want cold food.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Classic Comrade posted:

it is indeed

i feel bad for people who live in the midwest, or the south, as temperatures are apparently in the 100s or they will be

the hottest it will get where i'm at, is 94 degrees

which is stil bad

but it is not 105 or whatever the gently caress

I went to Menard's after dusk the other day and got a giant armful of blackout shades to install before dawn. It worked, but now I feel like some kind of comedy option Buffy vampire. At least the AC is capable of keeping things under 85 on the second floor now. Barely.

When I open the front door my glasses go opaque like when opening an oven. I feel like getting a permit and just digging down, because gently caress this surface.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Sext is the worst word.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Karl Barks posted:

why do boxers have flies do people pull their pud out through that thing

I think it's more for comfortable expansion in the event of surprise wood.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

The Kingfish posted:

Some of them have that button though. I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to be for pulling your ween out through. I like to go over the top myself.

I've got pants and shirts with useless buttons and fake pockets on them, doesn't mean anything. Also maybe the button is like a safety catch to keep a super aggressive erection from meeting denim.

Yeah, over the top is where it's at.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

oystertoadfish posted:

when this elections over im gonna catch up on that one goons day by day wwi blog, lots of excerpts from soldiers memoirs and info about the Armenian genocide and labor strikes and home front stuff in addition to the military strategy slash tactics poo poo

yah i use my boxer flap to do my business. boxer flaps unbuttoned for harambe

Enjoy you piss dribblings on the outside instead of the inside of your boxers, cretin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Friend of mine posted this apropos of nothing, I watched it, was happy and then sad and weird.

https://youtu.be/G8kFIbmmuEk

I tried to imagine an android patterned after a 20-teens it girl and shuddered. This led me down a weird path of association and now I think the pervading sickness of modern America is the result of a decade and a half without any serious cultural appropriation. We fed off of the UK and Europe after WW2, we nibbled on Polynesia and India for a bit, then we got all symbiotic with Japan for a while, but after 9/11 we lost our appetite for the outside world. 

• Locked thread