Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.

Relyssa posted:

Could I get some opinions on Life in the Ruins from folks who've played it? It looks interesting but I'd like to hear about how it plays before downloading.

I've been playing with it for a couple of days now and I really enjoy it. It's built with Survival difficulty in mind but it's not stupidly punishing.

Definitely read the readme carefully. It'll make the mod pack much less system taxing and will offer some great tips on what you can expect.

The SS2 integration is really well done and thus far I've not run into any issues in 20 odd hours of playtime.

I did pop in the Full Dialogue Interface mod from Nexus because I hate the vanilla dialogue obtuseness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

Relyssa posted:

Good stuff, thanks! I don't like survival and tend to play on Normal because I am a casual baby, would it still be a good time?

You're probably better off with the Welcome to Paradise mod pack. It's not based on Survival mode, it is a much more lightweight install, and has plenty of room for customization.

However, you can disable or turn down a lot of the Survival mode slog for the Life in the Ruins mod pack. You can easily make it more casual without making it boringly easy or a boring slog.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

flashman posted:

So how can I tell if these wabbajack lists are gonna work with the new fallout patch? It doesn't seem clear

You'll likely have to check the pack creator's notes or discord channel.

Generally, the more mods a pack contains, the more likely it won't work with the update. I've been playing Life in the Ruins and it will absolutely not work on the new update. And the pack creator has stated that it possibly never will since it contains so many mods that are no longer being updated.

I'd tread lightly on any of the Wabbajack mod packs working correctly until the pack creators release an update.