Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm a first page posting boy!

Anyone else having WOTC crash to desktop at random times? I can't list all my mods but most of them are low-impact texture updates and the Better Settler Suite.

It only happens with WOTC spawns above 0. Installed and spawns set to zero in the PIP menu doesn't crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can anyone point me to a weapon mod that is an unarmed item like the power fist but does huge knock back.
I wanna be a wastelander that is also a DnD monk who Fusrohdahs raiders off cliffs.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

YO THERE SHOULD BE A SAMUS MOD FOR POWER ARMOR LIKE WHAT THE HELL IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay, that pushed me over the edge to start a new game. Goddamn.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Seashell Salesman posted:

Hahaha the clothing variants added by the Raider Overhaul mod are amazing. Just got to Concord and I'm already dressed as a smiley face skellington man, and toting exciting sounding chems like "Shine" and "Bad Batch Jet" :allears:

I got the super mutant version to work (holy crap the radiation variant are deadly in melee) but the raider version isn't working for some reason.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SeanBeansShako posted:

Super Mutant version conflict, said mod has a file that fixes that conflict with Raider overhaul.

Oh! Thanks :)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I tried the alternate start mod and I need up with a baseball bat, a skeleton costume, a ton of chems and inside Poseidon Energy at level 3.

That was a very harrowing experience. It was the first time I had to shoot out a fusion core in a PA suit just to have a miniscule chance of winning.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sintax posted:

holy poo poo!!

My GF doesn't do any building whatsoever so when she got to the Castle, she had no idea how to clear the rubble into the armory.
It was adorable.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there a mod that gets rid of confirming every time you scrap something?

Pressing R/E a million times is killing my hand.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Azhais posted:

I just use the console and scrapall

gently caress me in the rear end. I didn't know this was a thing. I just tried it and... I need to be alone for a while.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Babe Magnet posted:

there was a pretty decent one but they arthmoore'd it up and now there's a dumb intro where you go through a synth processing facility

I mean, sure. You can just ignore that part unless you have brain problems. I used it and it set me just outside Warwick Homestead (complete opposite side of the map from Sanctuary) and threw a few token items at me in addition to the crappy power armor it lets you take, if you want.

It was on survival and I've never had to fight so hard to live. The only way it could have been harder would be if I started in The Glowing Sea. It was great.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So... Junkjet?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

President Ark posted:

having custom ammo means it's weightless and you don't have to worry about store all junk depositing it

If I ever make Junkjet my main weapon, I am modding my carry weight to be 999. I cannot fathom using it normally.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

President Ark posted:

it just occured to me that most of the beds in the commonwealth are made out of money because pre-war money = 1 cloth

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

graynull posted:

Same here, though most of the cloth I get is from scrapping piles of junk with Spring Cleaning. Kind of impressive that someone went through and coded what each shitpile breaks down into. I assume they did anyhow, since you can't remove those in the base game because reasons.

Well, I'm not saying that it's easy but all types of "broken concrete" or "dead grass" are named in batches. So, you just have to find each batch, re-flag them to be scrapable and assign some arbitrary resource count.

With Scrap Everything, every stone, slab and paver are all worth 10 concrete, all patches of dead crass is one fertilizer and bushes are worth one wood.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

2house2fly posted:

There's new seasons because of the nuclear cataclysm or something.

Lousy Smarch weather...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SpookyLizard posted:

Trainwiz's new quest mod is really great and you should download it already if you haven't already.

Don't link it or anything.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Otacon posted:

Found a bug with Scrap Everything with Automatron installed, and reported it through Nexus.

Place: Robco Sales and Service Center with Automatron DLC installed, on the final quest of the DLC. Literally as soon as you enter the basement.
Issue: The big huge locked vault doors have disappeared, as well as other textures, including some floors/walls. FPS lag spikes are terrible.
Pictures:
How it looks normally:

How it looks with Scrap Everything installed:

Anyone have any ideas about how to fix this? I really love Scrap Everything and I'm hoping there's a quick turnaround for the bugfix. There's also other textures (certain floors in General Atomics, certain walls in the Fort Hagen Satellite Array dungeon) that are invisible as well.

Oh thank god. I just got there and I thought my computer was dying.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Who the hell uses the lair for anything?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I didn't get the Rule Breaker holotape while using the alternate start mod.
Is there a way I can force one into my inventory?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I thought I tried that but I'll attempt a few more variations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mosnar posted:

Ref: making lots of/more weird poo poo.

I'm seeing on Nexus -

Manufacturing Extended http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15429/

and

Ammo Builders Rebalance http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15425/

With a specific eye to ammunition (full auto 4 lyfe!) has anyone had any experience with either of these?

Content: Swearing Bloatflies is a wonderful, whimsical mod http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7290/ , while Swearing Animals http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15187/ is just a gawdawful cacophony of coarse language. Pray you do not meet up with multiple caravans ..

Not having a machine that breaks down objects into components in the base DLC is criminal.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mosnar posted:

Ref: making lots of/more weird poo poo.

I'm seeing on Nexus -

Manufacturing Extended http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15429/

and

Ammo Builders Rebalance http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15425/

With a specific eye to ammunition (full auto 4 lyfe!) has anyone had any experience with either of these?

Content: Swearing Bloatflies is a wonderful, whimsical mod http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7290/ , while Swearing Animals http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15187/ is just a gawdawful cacophony of coarse language. Pray you do not meet up with multiple caravans ..

I already filed a bug report but a lot of the stuff in the Manufacturing Extended just plain doesn't work right now.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kimsemus posted:

Is the new DLC worth getting? people seem to be dunking on it pretty hard and I hardly have a use for assembly lines.

Any ETA when FO4Edit is going to have full support as well?

They are all good and cool.
Contraptions is... well, it's limited by both some bad design decisions (that mods easily rectify) and your own imagination.

Edit: I mean, if you only plop down a square shack and the most basic resources for a settlement, I wouldn't get it.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 22, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Canuck-Errant posted:

It works fine for me and I have a shitton of mods running :confused:

Have you tried the recycler?
For me, junk items are fed in but are not broken down into components. They just slowly trickle out and large items will jam up the works.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

FlyinPingu posted:

It works fine for me. Looks like there's something buggy that's weirdly only making it not work for some people but not others.

That's really annoying but I'll be patient. The person making it did it in such little time, I can't be angry.

When a telephone goes in, does each discreet component come out or a big batch?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Seashell Salesman posted:

There is a pip boy and a HUD setting, not sure if either affect power armor HUD.

Neither do. You have to get a mod for it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone using Expanded Contraptions:
Can you post your factory build?

The recycler is still not working for me no matter what I try (yes it is powered and the belt is moving) but doesn't produce any components.
I feel like I'm missing something.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

boneration posted:

If you mean Manufacturing Extended then I'm using it and the recycler does work, it just seems to get a little tied up when stuff like ammo goes through it. I watched it for five or ten minutes and it would go a minute at a time doing nothing and then poo poo out a bunch of aluminum or whatever. Sometimes the press goes up and down to no effect too. Mine is basically a vacuum hopper feeding the recycler and then a sorter that sends what I want down the line and the rest back into a storage hopper. I tried using a workshop storage hopper for the end of the line but it seemed to start looping raw materials through the recycler.

PS if you aren't using Manufacturing Extended you really ought to. It does a lot of poo poo the base DLC ought to have done in the first place.

That's what I meant.
For me it takes in almost everything and then, after a while, vomits them all out the other end having not extracted anything.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You have to drag their bodies up to the infeed belt but yeah...
Reminds me of a really bad nightmare I had as a kid.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nice.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

mpyro posted:

Does she still bitch ?

I think only if you talk to her. I have Marcy locked up in front of the tree (which is not the centerpoint to the settlement) in Sanctuary. She's the first thing you see when you walk in.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wish me luck. I am determined to get Manufacturing Extended to work so I'm deleting all mods that may possibly have a conflict.

The author doesn't seem to respond to bug reports that much or even messages so I'm going at this blind.

edit: Haha, I guess he *just* updated it. Do mods take a bit to be allowed for use with NMM? He only has manual download available.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 24, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Manufacturing Extended updated and fixed all of the issues I had.
No I need to find a reason to use all this poo poo.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Some people are saying that Settlement Keyword Extended is no longer the thing to have but it looks like it was updated yesterday. What's the news?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

gasman posted:

This is interesting. The cell reset 'feature' was apparently fixed in the latest official patch according to people behind the workaround patch: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6772/

I honestly thought that would never happen.

No way. Bethesda much have done this but made all Molerats shoot mini nukes or some dumb poo poo.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

C-c-c-c-cross posting!

I misspelled "Whiskey". I blame my day drinking and also general illiteracy.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 26, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Blocked by the mature filter. I feel loved and protected.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Use an alternate start mod. There is no downside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Apoplexy posted:

I was using Another Life before then, and still am really because I did some testing and everything ended up fine. All those configuration items ended up popping up when I popped into the main game existence.

I had to spawn in a Rule Breaker holotape but that was easy peasy.