Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Sintax posted:

Everyone should try the latest ENB, the Ambient Occlusion looks better than the game's version in most cases, and is a lot cheaper to proccess. Turn AO off in your FO4 launcher then update ENB and shift+tab and turn on SSAO under "Effect"

http://enbdev.com/enbseries_fallout4_v0307.zip

FYI, Boris does not allow direct links to files on his site so this link leads to nothing but his trap page. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

8 Ball posted:

Does scrapall work with mods like Spring Cleaning?

Yes. Be careful with the command, though. It will remove everything that's scrappable in the settlement, including doors to interior cells. That will break the castle quest line if you use it before a certain point in the story. Needless to say, the root cellar in Sanctuary and the basement at Croup Manor will also no longer be accessible after scrapall, so, yeah, works.

And ditch Spring Cleaning, Scrap Everything is better and lets you scrap even more poo poo. ;)

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

You have me double-guessing myself. I'm about to start a new game, do I dare start it with Snap'n Build loaded, or wait until after the intro to do so?

Run through the vault, make a safe before you enter the elevator and activate your mods.

Starting a new game with all mods active had me waiting for ages before the game got its act together and decided to load the drat thing. I guess there are a ton of scripts firing that cause all kinds of lag. The more mods you have, the longer it takes.

Of course, you could just start the game and go make coffee or something while it loads but a clean save close to the exit of Vault 111 is a good idea because the intro sequence gets old surprisingly fast...

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Electric Shoes posted:

I heartily recommend the Spring Cleaning mod.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4640/

I can finally sweep up some of the crap that my settlers have seemed to be content to sleep in!

Don't use that, it's outdated. Use Scrap Everything instead.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5320/

I can't play the game without this and Place Anywhere.

However, the name is to be taken in the literal sense. Everything in a settlement can be scrapped. Everything. Be especially careful when you use this in combination with the scrappall command as it removes doors to interior cells as well (Castle catacombs, Sanctuary Root Cellar, Croup Manor basement). That being said, use it and save often.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

ToastiestToast posted:

It's pretty useful for merging leveled lists in Skyrim, but that's literally all I've ever used it for. Does MO or NMM have something similar now?

No, which is why Wrye is still the way to go.

And I don't get why people keep praising MO2. It's way to unreliable in its current state. MO was amazing but MO2 is just not there yet.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Kenlon posted:

I'm finally having another go at Fallout 4 now that the last DLC is out, and survival mode is pretty cool. I am running into some weirdness, and I think it might be because either my load order is hosed, or I'm using some mods that should be replaced. The major problem I'm seeing right now is a bunch of the settlement stuff just doesn't seem to appear when I'm in the workshop. Specifically, the NX Pro and Immersive Vendors stuff. Am I missing something? Do they not work with the latest patch or the latest version of Settlement Keywords?
Or is there a better set of settlement enhancement mods that I should be switching to?

The other thing is I want more things to shoot at - with survival mode and the weapon damage rebalance, I'm really enjoying gunfights. I used to use More Spawns and Adjusted Encounter Zones to make things more crowded and lethal, but they haven't been updated in a while.
Are there better choices if I want a Commonwealth full of things that are trying to kill me?

Load order:
code:
Fallout4.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
SettlementKeywords.esm=1
Homemaker.esm=1
NX Pro - Farm Core.esp=1
NX Pro - Harvest Overhaul.esp=1
NX Pro - Farm Core - Homemaker.esp=1
NX Pro - Farm Core - Valdacil's Item Sorting.esp=1
Grasslands - Healthy.esp=1
CalibratedToModernFirearms.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
Armorsmith Automatron.esp=1
Armorsmith Far Harbor.esp=1
Armorsmith Vault-Tec DLC.esp=1
Armorsmith Nuka World.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp=1
ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion-VanillaWeight.esp=1
ValdacilsItemSorting-Junk+DEF_INV.esp=1
LongerPowerLines3x.esp=1
BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp=1
BetterSettlers.esp=1
BetterSettlersCleanFacePack.esp=1
BetterSettlersFarHarborPatch.esp=1
ImmersiveVendors.esp=1
BetterJunkFences.esp=1
IncreasedSettlerPopulation50.esp=1
SettlersRename.esp=1
Quick Save.esp=1
EasyHacking.esp=1
EveryonesBestFriend.esp=1
RepairSanctuary.esp=1
Scrap Everything - Core.esp=1
Scrap Everything - Automatron.esp=1
Scrap Everything - Far Harbor.esp=1
Vertibird Alt Fix.esp=1

First of all, the UF4P should come after the DLC esms, otherwise they'll just override what's been patched by it.

Next, Settlement Keywords is outdated, Settlement Keywords Expanded should work. I'm not using NX Pro but at least the Immersive Vendor items show up under stores.

To up the encounter rate people seem to use either War of the Commonwealth or Leveled Spawns .

Both haven't been updated in a while but they still work. War of the Commonwealth will make your Survival Experience a bit brutal at low levels, Leveled Spawns is a bit buggy as it has some enemies that will not aggro you until they are being shot at. :v:

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Sep 7, 2016

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

Thanks for the link.

That's a fair point about steam. It's frustrating because they made mods one of the major selling points of the game since the announcement. In the maybe week I've been playing again the game was patched for some extremely minor thing, then the patch was rolled back and now patched again. I barely get any time to game during the week, and I'm not a fan of spending half of it chasing down executables for some extremely minor poo poo. Would a 24 hour heads up to the script extender guy really be so much to ask since, you know, mods are, according to Bethesda, one of the most important aspects of FO4?

You could just set the game to "only update when launched" or whatever it is. Starting it with Steam open and only via the F4SE loader won't trigger the update at all. That way you can just play with the "old" F4SE until the update is out or whenever you feel like updating.

I've seen people claim that games will still update despite being set to that but I've never had this happen with any game so, well, YMMV.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

HookedOnChthonics posted:

How hard would it be to change the rain permeability of workshop pieces? The greenhouse-style warehouse roofs don't block block it and it's ruining my glorious trash palace <:mad:>

Very. As far as I know, rain in F4 goes through anything with alpha channels so even if your glass roof is "new" and without cracks it would still rain under it.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

There are a few backpack mods for FO4, they're cheating for normal mode but somewhat essential for survival.

Backpack mod

K-9 Harness for your dog companion

Survivalist GO-bags

I personally use K-9 and Survivalist. I think they made survival mode a bit simpler and I think you can pick your own carry weight boos level.

Unfortunately there aren't super advanced camping/backpack mods out there yet, I think. I would love one of those heavy but deployable camps like with Skyrim or FNV.

Campsite - Simple Wasteland Camping or Camping Supplies are the only ones I know of. Camping Supplies might be dead but Campsite is still being worked on.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

You can look at the mod's Papyrus scripts, and probably dig through its other information with the Creation Kit.

The mod is broken and will most likely corrupt your saves so any info one gets from looking at it should be handled with care.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Heads up, F4SE got a new beta and it looks promising.

code:
- Fixed script unique event registration
- Added template serialization of VM for Latent functions
- Added object serialization interface
- Added Scaleform to Papyrus Adapters
- Added Scaleform functions:
    -AllowTextInput
    -SendExternalEvent
    -CallFunctionNoWait
- Added UI Functions:
    -Set/Get/Invoke
- Added ScriptObject Functions:
    -Un/RegisterForExternalEvent
    -Un/RegisterForCameraState
- Added ObjectReference Functions:
    -GetConnectedObjects
    -AttachWire (Creates a disabled wire)
    -CreateWire (non-native to Create and enable)
    -GetDisplayName
- Added Utility Functions:
    -VarToVarArray
    -VarArrayToVar
- Added Actor Functions:
    -QueueUpdate
    -GetInstanceOwner
- Added ActorBase Functions:
    -Get/SetBodyWeight
- Added Form functions:
    -Set/GetName
    -Set/GetWeight
    -SetGoldValue
    -GetKeywords
    -HasWorldModel
    -Set/GetWorldModelPath
    -Set/GetIconPath
    -Set/GetMessageIconPath
    -Set/GetEnchantment
    -Set/GetEnchantmentValue
    -Set/GetEquipType
    -GetDescription
- Added Weapon functions:
    -Set/GetEmbeddedMod
    -GetInstanceOwner
- Added new InstanceData global class functions:
    -Set/GetAttackDamage
    -Set/GetDamageTypes
    -Set/GetAmmoCapacity
    -Set/GetAccuracyBonus
    -Set/GetActionPointCost
    -Set/GetAttackDelay
    -Set/GetOutOfRangeMultiplier
    -Set/GetReloadSpeed
    -Set/GetReach
    -Set/GetMinRange
    -Set/GetMaxRange
    -Set/GetSpeed
    -Set/GetStagger
    -Set/GetMeleeSpeed
    -Set/GetSkill
    -Set/GetResist
    -Set/GetCritMultiplier
    -Set/GetCritChargeBonus
    -Set/GetProjectileOverride
    -Set/GetNumProjectiles
    -Set/GetSightedTransition
- Added ObjectMod functions:
    -GetPropertyModifiers
    -Set/GetMaxRank
    -Set/GetPriority
    -GetLooseMod
- Added Cell functions:
    -GetWaterType
- Added WaterType functions:
    -Set/GetConsumeSpell
    -Set/GetContactSpell
- Added Perk functions:
    -IsPlayable
    -IsHidden
    -GetLevel
    -GetNumRanks
    -GetNextPerk
    -GetSWFPath
    -IsEligible
- Added Scaleform Translation Injection via Interface/Translations/ModName_en.txt

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Davoren posted:

Well, this is why I always used to stay away from these things. The latest version of the unofficial patch potentially has a bunch of bugs relating to trap disarming, food production and an introductory quest in far harbor, but arthmoor is being an arrogant jerk and refusing to admit there are any problems. I've only encountered the trap bug but still, now most traps are being triggered instead when disarmed and I ctd on some laser tripwire disarms. :(

Yeah, had the same thing happen. Rolled back to 2.0 and the crashes are gone.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

horse mans posted:

Can you upload a copy of 2.0.0 somewhere? I just updated to 2.0.1 from 1.0.6a for a re-roll :-(

I'm thinking about one of the environment overhauls: either ReGrowth or Dustbowl. Any thoughts about one over the other?

Here you go.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=09157431783162775384

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Davoren posted:

Is it safe to just straight up replace the latest one with the previous patch?

Not sure, it's perfectly safe to update so I figured why the hell not, rolled back, tested it and had no crashes or weird poo poo happening during those 2 hours. I've also rebuild my Mator patch and fixed the remaining errors with xEdit so if you're using xEdit, Wrye or Mator to fix errors, have fun doing that again. ;)

There's no guarantee that it will work but I'm guessing it all depends on how far you're along with the game and how many of the new/changed 2.01 scripts have already fired and are now baked into your save.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Oh yeah, about Regrowth or Dustbowl. Tried both, not a fan of either.

Regrowth is just too much and Dustbowl, well, let's just say that if you want to play Fallout in a desert like environment, play New Vegas.

They are both good for a short gimmick run but get boring, or tedious in the case of Regrowth because you can't see poo poo, really fast.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

You could potentially just run Regrowth without its ESP and still get the model changes. Same goes for Commonwealth Conifers. You could also try Rustbelt Flora, which comes with a LOD.

I've tried that and Rustbelt but, honestly, just plop the Pilgrim ENB in your game and you are set. :)

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Erd posted:

I can't tell if you are serious or not? That ENB takes a really colourful game and sucks all the colour out of it? I mean, yikes.

Not really serious, no.

I tried Pilgrim when I was in Far Harbor and even there it's not even remotely as amazing as all the hype suggests so I guess I was being silly for no reason, apologies. :)

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Solid Poopsnake posted:

I've come back into FO4 after maybe last summer? Suddenly, all the modded weapons and armor are invisible. I tried reinstalling the newest versions of them, and the weapons are held and shoot, the armor is worn and the benefits given, but the assets are invisible. Is there an easy way to fix this?

e: I bought the season pass, so I have all the DLC. And I started a new character.

Here's me:

Does your Fallout4Custom.ini have those lines?

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

If not, there's your problem. The suggestion to check with FO4Edit is a valid one but for most people who come back after a hiatus it's a simple matter of not having that file or have it but without those lines.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

thechosenone posted:

Say, With shadowboost, do I need to do anything besides put the files in Bin into my main game directory? Like, do I need to download ENB or something? Just want to make sure.

No need to download anything. Get Shadowboost, set fTargetFramerate= to the target you desire, done. Just make sure you set the parameter to something that's below your actual FPS limit. Say you have it locked by whatever means to 60, better yet, 61, you want to set the parameter to 58. If it's set to the same number as your FPS is locked to, Shadowboost does gently caress all.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Does anyone know if the author of Shadow Boost will ever update it to the newest version? Latest I can find is 1.9.4.0 but that's not working with the latest F4 version.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Raygereio posted:

Patch 1.9.4.0 is the latest version of the game. Just tested it and FPS dynamic shadows - Shadow Boost works fine.

Yes, just noticed that I had two versions of Shadow Boost in my download folder and installed the wrong one. Thanks for checking, though. :)

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
I doubt that the patch was meant to include all the assets of the CC poo poo, this looks a lot like the Dawnguard mistake back when they patched Skyrim and Dawnguard was part of the patch.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Jimbot posted:

Is there anything I can do to remedy the occasional game freezes I get when randomly wandering around? Short of removing the mod that is. I got one of those NPC overhaul mods that adds more variety to the raiders and such but whenever I come to an area that has any kind of population my game freezes for 3-5 seconds, presumably to load in the actors. In huge areas, like the plant, it actually froze for about 20 seconds. I never had it this bad before, even in Skyrim where I used a lot of mods to change up (and add to) the population and that game barely hitched at all.

Try ENB with only the ENBoost part of it active. Helps a lot.

Start here for info: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/332/

Get the latest binaries from the enbdev site.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

I've been trying to play this game with some mods on my kinda weak-rear end rig, and it's just giving me an absolutely miserable time. Here's the load list I'm using:

Basically, it seems to work fine for the most part, but it'll randomly just freeze and then crash and immediately close, without an error message or anything. Anybody know if there's some kinda conflict in any of the mods I'm using? Is there any way to check why the game is crashing, like an error log or something? Maybe the problem has nothing to do with mods and everything to do with Fallout 4 being a terrible buggy mess.

(And for the record, the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch is disabled because I don't have any of the DLC, and it's been disabled since I uninstalled and reinstalled the game.)

Scrap Everything needs to be dead last in your load order. No exceptions.

Basically, sort your mods manually and stay away from Loot.

Gambit, author of Armorsmith Extended, made a guide for this.

_SHARED RESOURCES

_SETTLEMENT BUILDING MODS esms

_BUG FIXES

_SETTLEMENT BUILDING MODS

_GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

_FOLLOWER TWEAKS

_AESTHETIC TWEAKS

_SETTLEMENT TWEAKS

_ITEM SORTING

_BODY REPLACER

_WEAPONS

_ARMOR - CLOTHING

_CRAFTING

_WEAPON MODDING

_ARMOR - CLOTHING MODDING

_Armorsmith Extended

_Mods that rely on Armorsmith as Master.

I've been sorting my mods like this ever since I found it and I've never had a problem.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Sim Settlements - Rise of the Commonwealth is out!

https://rd.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28599

It's seriously amazing.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Anyone using the latest beta of Workshop Rearranged? None of the wood or metal items have ground collision for me, it's as if Place Everywhere is in constant "surface snap off" mode with those. I've narrowed it down to WR but I find it a bit confusing that I couldn't find anyone else with this issue.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
So, this is a thing now.

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/28822-3-1514798435.png

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28822?tab=description

Didn't know I needed this until I tried it. :allears:

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Seashell Salesman posted:

e: holy poo poo the raiders attacking the outside of the museum in Concord had so many HP I used about 3-4 pipe pistol magazines to down just one of them, and there are more than twice as many as normal? Did I screw up my installation?

Sounds like it. It used to have bullet sponge enemies but that was changed a couple of versions ago so 3-4 magazines per enemy is definitely extreme.

Post your load order if you want but first make sure that Horizon and all its patches are dead last in it.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Oh geez, the drama queen is fishing for endorsements again.

:qq:

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Is there a way to use F4SE and the Load Accelerator mod at the same time? Seems since they both use .dll files that I can't use both

They aren't using the same files so I don't see why there would be an issue.

If there really are issues, get rid of LA and simply use ENB with

[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=false

Enable its FPS limiter and just use the FPS Limit key during load screens. Pretty much the same thing.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Mooktastical posted:

Every once in a while a mod will only be obtainable in the FOMOD format, with an installer that is required for the mod to work properly, but isn't compatible with MO2. That's the biggest problem I have with it.

The way it virtualizes executables and mods does take a bit of getting used to, but it's not a big deal after 5 minutes of reading how-to. It's totally worth the meager effort, imo. Vortex actually installing everything to the real data folder makes uninstallation and conflict management messy as hell in comparison.

MO2 comes with 2 plugins for Fomods. Enabling 1 and disabling the other usually does the job.

Nordick posted:

The whole "Everyone should only ever use MO2" thing is just dated goon hivemind dogma, Vortex works fine.

I'd argue it's a matter of personal taste and what you want to do with your game.

If you are only interested in installing a couple dozen of mods Vortex is fine.

If you want something more hardcore, like Lexys Legacy of the Dragonborn modlist for Skyrim, MO2 is superior in every single way.

Personally, I'd never use Vortex for modding a Beth game. As Mooktastical said, Vortex dumping everything into the game data folder is a mess.

If I want to try a different mod loadout I'd just change profile in MO2 and get cracking.
In Vortex, not so much.

So yeah, Vortex is fine but for people who mod a lot or like to run massive amounts of mods MO2 is the tool of choice.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

I forget, wasn't Vortex actually designed in cooperation with a popular mod management software guy?

Yes, Tannin, the creator of MO.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Nordick posted:

The only problem I have with Vortex is the weird way it does load order adjustment, I have no idea what's up with that.

Loot is integrated into Vortex and, basically, set to auto sort on. It will sort your load order wether you want it or not and, at least it was like this last I checked, there is no way to disable this behaviour.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

sean10mm posted:

It prompts you to choose the order where it finds conflicts.

Well, I have around 600 mods installed and 238 active with a couple of patches and merges, that would be an infuriating amount of clicking for me. :)

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Magmarashi posted:

How often do you have mods that conflict with 200 different mods all at once

I had a couple of merged mods that threw Loot into a weird loop that lead to it complaining about mod A needing to load before mod B and B before A but, besides it being easily fixable with the rule editor, that's not really the point, is it? The point is that auto sorting can be something that's counter productive and not desired by the user at all.

That's a thing that should be optional, not enforced, and I honestly fail to see why it's enforced.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
One of the people behind F4SE says that this update is basically a repeat of Skyrim Anniversary Edition, in other words stuff will be broken for "a bit".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Could've been worse. London releases, you get to play for an hour and, bam, patch drops, fun's over.