Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Did you use LOOT to fix the load order?

Also you can probably take out Working Food Planters, iirc that's included in Homemaker.

e: Maybe you need to install Looksmenu and perhaps Mod Configuration Menu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Are you using F4SE to launch it ??

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

e; fuk double

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Ive been using Nexus Mod Manager, but yesterday i tried MO3 to see if i could auto update a bunch of mods.. Says it can't connect to the Nexus unfortunately. How do yall update?

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

7seven7 posted:

Is Sim Settlements known to cause settlers unable to be assigned? Or should I be looking elsewhere? I avoided Don't Call Me Settler and I've still managed to get the settler bug.

There are certain settlers that can't be assigned and are called hunters/carpenters or w/e, but you probably don't mean those?

E; after reading up on this bug, lol
How in all my time loving around with this game and ungodly amounts of mods have i not seen this happen yet...

:shrug:

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 2, 2019

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

khy posted:

I sent one more person to my settlement to build another plot, and so right now the total count in the workshop menu shows 10 people. I built and used a bell and ended up with 8 settlers gathering around. The 9th should be the provisioner - so I still have 1 unaccounted for mystery settler counting against my food/water/beds for no reason.

Also two of my level 2 houses have no bed in them at all. The provisioner doesn't seem to have ever created a house at all, so while I have 8 houses built, only 6 have beds. I added two extra beds but now I have to make two MORE just because I'm already in a deficit. It's not difficult but I mean part of the point of getting this mod in the first place was to avoid building poo poo for my settlements and let them build it all themselves.

Mod seems like it'd be really nice if it'd just work the way it's supposed to, but nothing's ever quite that simple for me.

All of this sounds like you did not use the Settlement Holotape at all? It explicitly asks you how much involvement you want and it's mostly fire and forget if you choose the correct option from the 3 presented.

Did you appoint a Mayor to your settlement? That also helps. And then there's city plans (default is just one per settlement, but theres more on the nexus). Select City Plan and go do other things. When you get back it'll be a proper village / city.

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 18, 2019

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

khy posted:

I used it, but got a bit overwhelmed with the number of options present. I adjusted a few but mostly it's just set to the defaults.

Nope, felt like I wanted to have a bit more control over what's built where (At least while I experiment with Sim Settlements) so I didn't get ROTC.

EDIT : Yet.

Maybe it's because i used the 3 in 1 SS pack right from the start, but when i load the Holotape for the first time on a character, it asks me if i want to play it like Sim City or if i want it to do it's own stuff and apart from that i have never touched any of the other options in the list so far. Sounds like you don't get that particular starting out message/option?
My peoples get assigned automatically IF they are currently jobless and they sleep wherever (even on couches because of a mod, which owns).

Anyway, i wouldn't really be too bothered by the exact numbers of settlers and stuff like that. It really doesn't matter all that much.

One thing i also have installed is C.A.M.P. which, combined with IDEK's logistic station, allows me to make a settlement literally anywhere on the map. I built some lovely wooden apartments on top of the entrance to the Rexford Hotel in Goodneighbour lol.

I was actually suprised settlers showed up in Goodneighbour at my makeshift encampment, but i have it supplied from Bunker Hill now.

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Feb 19, 2019

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Considering how terrible it looks, I'm going to guess no.

It's a rip from a Skyrim mod i think, so no. It's ridiculous and the bench to craft it has a bunch of terrible anime on it.

BUT paintraining thru guys with it is fun and makes me laugh

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

I started Far Harbour for the first time and ran into a desktop crash and subsequent crashing after fast traveling.

So just for postery; I managed to fix it by moving a couple of hundred saves from the save folder to somewhere else.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

tom kite posted:

Anyone have any idea why hotkeys stop working all of a sudden?

From what i gather, changing perspective or doing an animation like in a workbench, fixes it... temporarily i guess :shrug:

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Ive been pulling my hair out over the last few weeks, because my fallout 4 install seems to be unable to use more than 4 GB of system ram, while have 16 in my computer.

I'm trying to get ENBoost to remove the memory cap but task manager and Fallout Performance Monitor both claim it's using a maximum of 4 :'/
The entire game is choppy as gently caress still. At some point Sim Settlements just brings it to its knees...

Anyone else have this, or perhaps can check if their modded games go over this value?

E;

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 22, 2020

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

I had already moved my install out of program files etc so i'm going to nuke the entire thing and start over lol.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

dragonshardz posted:

There is a F4SE plugin for that somewhere on the Nexus site.

Good to see this thread still going :-)

Heres the thing i use

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10283 (Load Accelerator)

It's honestly staggering how much time this saves, like seriously

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

You only need this one though? Or am i misunderstanding

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6091 Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR)

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Never used those vOv

Seems like a minor thing idk, not like one of the dozen showstoppers like loving up companion AI, quests that only work halfway, CTD's, freezes on saving when radiated and the bazillion of other things that can go wrong lol. I feel like i'm well on track on encountering every possible bug in the (admittedly heavily modded) game. YMMV

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Pound_Coin posted:

Using this modlist, mainly Horizon, NAC and See through scopes plus a few small tweaks:
:psyduck:

What does Loot say? Like, there's a separate tool somewhere that lets you repair conflicts and such if loot says there's Errors.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943456144 (Big guide how to do this poo poo, but its actually ez)

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/ (FO4edit)

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Also I don't know if this mod was featured yet in the recommendations but i've been playing with this and it kinda rules :

Unarmed Gameplay Overhaul and SLIDE KICK
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41239

and also this :

Pain Train - No Power Armor
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5099

:greencube:

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Been playing with this mod for a while now and lmao

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/60119

A lot of the AI voicing is wack as hell but when the sarcastic replies come out good it's incredibly funny

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Tankbuster posted:

Also does anyone know any quest mods that change the storyline of the main game instead of clobbering at least two factions?

Outcasts and Remnants + Project Valkyrie

Tankbuster posted:

hey, the midnight ride mod says not to use stuff like mator smash etc. Any idea why? I thought it was important for setting up levelled lists in skyrim.

Edit: same with things like LOOT.

Looks like that guide uses a custom file for the load order to be imported in MO2 and using LOOT would probably change things around.
Not a lot wrong with using LOOT, but always check if a mod description specifies a location, I.E. at the start or end of the load order etc

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

A lot of thuggy poo poo is very edgy / dumb / problematic yeah, but i guess that's just the way with big story mods. Hell, vanilla FO4 has that as well i think. But to me it just feels like Saints Row 3 and 4 leaking into my fallout and i don't really mind it v0v

And i dont want to support that guy being a piece of poo poo, but i also like content for game that i don't (can't) take serious. I can see why people wouldn't like it tho

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Even with AWKCR that rayban mod didn't work for me/ would crash my game fwiw

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Max Wilco posted:

EDIT: It occurred to me that I could just search 'Fallout 4 modlist' on Google and maybe find some results :downs: One of the first I got was from the Nexus called MOFAM (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/48580). It sounds interesting, but it's got like 50 parts.

This looks very bloated with its 700+ mods, including the entire thuggyverse, (raider) children that you can kill, and probably other goodness :greenangel:

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Twincityhacker posted:

I run LOOT everytime I add a new mod - removing mods in the middle of the game minus stuff like pure texture changes is also dicey but sometimes I live dangerously like swapping out a mod that modifies Dogmeats behavior for a mod that modifies *all* compaion behavior - just to be sure I didn't miss an important load order change like making sure alternate start is *always* at the bottom of the load order.

It can be useful to Lock the specific mod or mods in place in MO2, which at least means you don't have to scroll the modlist to find them again, they'll be at the end. Also most of the time you don't need to sort with Loot if you just add items or armors etc, things that don't alter the worldspace.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Max Wilco posted:

How accurate is LOOT? The Midnight Ride guide (I'm sorry, I know I keep referring to TMR) said to avoid it because it's automated, and so the auto-sorting could cause mods to break or get overwritten.

Pretty decent but mod descriptions mentioning a specific place in the load order should be adhered to.
Apart from that Loot is useful to see if anything needs cleaning or is missing dependencies etc.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Meh, moving things around in the load order will probably not mess up your active save, it's deleting [impactful] mods from your save that starts cascading into bigger problems because of orphaned scripts and whatnot.

Imo for starters sort with Loot, then work from a vanilla savegame that is at the end of vault 111, so you can load in all the mods and still change your character and name. Sometimes you need to save afterwards and load it again to trigger a next batch of mods to register, depending on how much poo poo you installed.
Go out in the world and play a bit, if all seems fine, congrats...

Otherwise, check for problems with gameplay mods that seriously alter the game in some fashion (engine tweaks/fixes; scrap everything/boston FPS fix/real life scopes etc, combat overhauls), mods that alter areas or overlap with other content (check the modpages for compatibility and patches).

A lot of it is already documented and you just need to take out some time to read descriptions and comments. Save very often ( Survival Options Holotape has save-items that you can bind to your quick item select thingy ) BUT keep an eye on your save folder and delete old saves occasionally so it doesn't bloat into a 20+ GB folder.

Enjoy

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 19, 2023

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah sure,

But like for example if you would want to use the City-Plan for Taffington Boathouse, it assumes the building is broken, if that makes sense. The vanilla SS2 city plan for that place sort of 'rebuilds' the broken house etc. If you don't use the city plans to begin with, it shouldn't make any difference.

In SS2 you get to 'zone' plots like in sim city or something, so you yourself can just plop down building spots and have the settlers build a thing in that place.

Also i don't think Starlight and Sanctuary are close enough to really affect each other, unlike Sanctuary / Red Rocket / Abernathy Farm.

E: lol the mod page uses the exact same example, nice

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 4, 2023

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

I played the main SS2 quest thing for a while when it first came out but ran into some problems.
Nowadays i just use one of the provided holotapes (i forget if you have to craft it in chemistry table or not) to unlock everything in the mod, build a manager table from the furniture section and then use that to build the sensors you need for the plots. So that's what i'd recommend doing if you don't want to go through hours and hours of questing and bullshit to get going and trying the actual settlement gameplay.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

I played the early parts of the SS2 questline like seven months ago and it absolutely rocked, I think they might have refurbished it a few times, though.¨

It did take me way too long to unlock the municipal and commercial plots though, guess you're supposed to beeline for Vault-Tec HQ the moment you get that mission.

While pretty darn high quality, it's all a bit too much for me, and yeah those plot types being gated sucks imo. Also having to wait for Jake Gyllenhaal doing his whole spiel about the sensors got old really fast. If they release SS2 Conqueror at some point i might check it all again tho. That stuff was pretty fun.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Nuka World has a bunch of Cowboy clothing i suppose

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Relyssa posted:

Right there with you, the settlement system sucks and the game would be far better without it.

W r o n g

cus then we wouldn't have sim settlements which is good and fun

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Yeah, I don't have F4SE installed.

What a bummer

I was under the impression that basically everything needs F4SE, is this not the case?

Also have you checked the 'Overwrite' folder in MO? Like, I installed some presets at some point and had to search for the longest time why they didn't show up at character creation and it turned out there was a bunch of poo poo in that folder. It would take precedent over the actual mod folder while incomplete itself.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Tankbuster posted:

Oh cool. Another one of those Arthmoor fuckups fixer mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/72679

big 00f

The Wonder Weapon posted:

What level would you do Far Harbor and Nuka World?

Nuka World : Whenever you have Sneaking 3 so you don't trigger the gazillion mines and enough firepower to comfortably kill a raider boss in power armor.

Far Harbor : Whenever you feel like massacring hundreds of assorted giant gecko's, crabs and irradiated zealots.

Regardless, if you make it trough the respective 'intro's' to the DLC's, you can leave immediately afterwards and go back to Boston.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

tokin opposition posted:

No.

Anyway, what's the best mod that adds cybernetics? Seems like a natural fit given the fact that, well, synths.

Synthetic Variations
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/54755
has a bunch of cool looking synth 'clothing'

If you actually want gear that does something there's the classic Cross Cybernetics i suppose

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8609

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Tankbuster posted:

theres a fumo mod for fallout 4.

not bad whats fumo with you

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

yes, well, uhm..

really makes me wish for a nuclear winter

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Interesting, i might give that AI thing a try.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Sacrificing 3 lovely settlements in order to put the pack in the zoo and the disciples in the kiddie kingdom ( and the rest in the ground ) where they belong + powering the park back up is worth it imo.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

7c Nickel posted:

Why would you save the Disciples? They're the only group with literally no redeeming qualities.

Because Morbius and his sister only care about money and money is the root of all evil. At least the Pack and Disciples are actually Raiders.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Does anyone here have any experience doing the 'Packing mods into BA2s' thing?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/3054?BH=1

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/2730/

Currently on one of my longest concurrent playthroughs and having filled half of the settlements with between 10 and 15 peeps and it's kinda starting to hurt performance a lot, so i'm looking at improving performance stuff.
Reading those two pages tho i feel like i am missing half of the information? Where files should go etc? Anybody done this before?

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

It's here folks :

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/73157

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Philippe posted:

Why can't I be a dino, 0/5

Good News !!!!!

You totally can:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/72817 NSFW !!!!