Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Horizon has a difficulty level which removes the survival bits (and enables fast travel and quicksaves), and is thus a more crunchy version of the base game.

Edit: I use GCM which removes health scaling from everyone, but keeps Endurance bonus (which is tweakable). Works nicely with SS2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
If only Horizon 1.9 and SS2 would talk to each other. Mmhh.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Tankbuster posted:

explain the gcm thing please. I am using better locational damage currently with the new attachment pack.

GCM (Game Configuration Menu) is a,mod that allows you to tweak the game's internal settings like base xp gain, trader prices, enemy HP scaling and a lot of other things.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Yeah, I don't care for the ginormous amount of COD weaponry mods. PPSh-41 lookalikes ftw.

And the assault rifle is fabulous, pay no mind to philistines.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Flesh Forge posted:

Can't really blame you, I love Sim Settlements but the time to ramp up and get everything going is loving enormous, especially once you've played it a few times. There should be a compromise option to skip the early parts of unlocks given by quests rather than just unlocking EVERYTHING. Also I tend to hit a wall once I get to the HQ management stuff because it's just baffling to me, just totally inscrutable.

After half a dozen SS2 starts my problem with it is the amount of story content that I can't be arsed to play anymore. Fortunately there's quest skipping, and after getting the all the plot types in, it's easy enough to build up the settlements and start unlocking most of the higher-level ones.

Which bits of the HQ management made it problematic? It works reasonably well given the limits of the UI, and I never had any problems, and I'm dumb, lazy and casual.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
In MO2 the list on the left is "priority", those on top are more important. Thia occasionally matters (mod descriptions usually tell so if it's necessary), while the list on the right is the load order; mods loaded in first get their data overwritten by those loaded later - which matters only if two mods modify the same stuff.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Arc Hammer posted:

I think I might just skip wabbajack and build my own modlist. The memories of MO2 modding are flooding back faster than I thought. Are programs like LOOT still important to organize load orders? Also does Sim Settlements 2 require a fresh save?

LOOT isn't really necessary (for me anyway, I don't have a massive catalog). If you know what a mod does, it's fairly easy to make sure they don't conflict.

SS2 needs a new save. Its wiki also has a list of compatible/recommended mods (anything that alters the settlements can mess with city plans, for example) and the appropriate load order.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
What was/is The Frontier? Your marketing pitch is seductive.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Horizon's VATS slows down less, and only reduces incoming damage by 10% (I think vanilla is aboit 90%), plus AP regen is a lot slower, as is how quickly enemies forget you.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

ThaumPenguin posted:

I think it's because the concrete foundation of the scrappable Sanctuary houses don't fit any of the standardized SS2 plots, and IIRC often don't even seem to fit the actual base game building parts? If you try to build any kind of post-war house there always seems to be an extra bit of concrete sticking out. Guess the SS2 devs felt that just embracing the garbage gave the settlement a more "naturalistic" feel compared to the off-ness of dealing with the concrete foundations.

They do, but you'll have to be pixel-perfect, or the ASAM hangs in the air.

Foundationless plots fit perfectly with 2x2 floors, like warehouses, barns, concrete etc. I've built a trillion plots that way.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Yeah. It's great stuff. Place Everywhere ftw, helps a little bit, and Workshop Plus some more.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
You monster.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Edmond Dantes posted:

Alright, now that I've triggered SS2 and hosed around a bit with Sanctuary I can make sense of the just few posts. :v:

Not gonna lie, it's a bit disappointing that the city plan leaves all the destroyed houses and just slaps some stuff on top of them but hey, what I wanted out of the mod was a hands-off way of having settlements grow and change on their own to make it feel like I'm making a difference around Boston and this fits the bill.

The plans are predesigned city layouts, meaning that any scrappables that the designer spared will be there (and will be restored when the plan is activated). The residents do not do anything on their own, except build and upgrade existing plots. If the city plan is levelled, then it can grow, the style and plots decided by whoever designed it.

So yeah, they grow and evolve, in a way.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Except weapon and other gear mods, and textures and sounds. Unless they do some really funky stuff beyond being equippable items etc.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

MonsieurChoc posted:

I’ve been doing vanilla, I’m just wondering about mods.

SS2 can be added to an existing save, though they recommend starting a new game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Yeah, I tend to take a look at a weapon mod to see what it does. I use those rarely, though - I don't like to turn my Fallout into a COD wannbe, and the Lewis assault rifle is the most fabulous anyway.