Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
heard the horizon mod got updated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Is there a wabbajack modlist with the newest horizon?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
hey, the midnight ride mod says not to use stuff like mator smash etc. Any idea why? I thought it was important for setting up levelled lists in skyrim.

Edit: same with things like LOOT.

Also does anyone know any quest mods that change the storyline of the main game instead of clobbering at least two factions?

Tankbuster fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Apr 9, 2023

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
ive heard questionable things about the thuggyverse mods with some pretty cringy romance and stuff.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I found the mod Subversion which lets you skillmaxxx into a good ending with the robots being freed and everyone living in harmony. that sounds nice.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Relyssa posted:

Subversion is cool and good and I would highly recommend it.

thank u reimu.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
anyone know of a good house building mod? The assets that bethesda allowed us to use are awful and dogshit.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
drat, looks like the average modder is a worse character designer than bethesda.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
If you are looking for a quick and effective player home thing, I would recommend the Rebuild Sanctuary Mod. Its quick to set up, lets you live the suburban americana dream with your new buddies from concord and it genuinely feels nice rebuilding otherwise destroyed stuff.

As an aside the modern weapons replacer mods seem like a pain to set up because the popular ones will go out of their way to replace ammo calibers.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

I was talking about the last one. Rebuild Sanctuary that came out this year. Its probably the best way to fix sanctuary. With the basic mod you get to do things like restore the walkable houses to their pre war state on the outside while leaving the completely destroyed houses for building things like workshops or greenhouses. In contrast with Skyrim SE, FO4 does require you to research a little bit more before committing to a mod which is a pain in the rear end.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
help me, I am addicted to building settlements.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I did use custom rules in LOOT to fix the deep clean series of mods.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Is there a set of mods that improve the bullet sponge stuff in the game?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
any good idea what the multipliers should be?, 4x? 5x?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Any Sim Settlement 2 heads out here? How does the mod play with things like alternate starts etc? Also can i use them with restored buildings?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
basically the rebuild series that is reaching the top of the nexus modpages rn.

Edit: Let me reframe that question. Can I run sim settlements 2 in particular places while using other locations with the vanilla settler systems/empty as hideaways? Like using sanctuary as default while turning starlight drive inn as the big sim sandbox?

Tankbuster fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 4, 2023

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

heard u like girls posted:

Yeah sure,

But like for example if you would want to use the City-Plan for Taffington Boathouse, it assumes the building is broken, if that makes sense. The vanilla SS2 city plan for that place sort of 'rebuilds' the broken house etc. If you don't use the city plans to begin with, it shouldn't make any difference.

In SS2 you get to 'zone' plots like in sim city or something, so you yourself can just plop down building spots and have the settlers build a thing in that place.

Also i don't think Starlight and Sanctuary are close enough to really affect each other, unlike Sanctuary / Red Rocket / Abernathy Farm.

E: lol the mod page uses the exact same example, nice

woops. My bad. I found out that there are interior plots where you can just shove them inside rooms and apparently they build crap there. While researching for this mod I ended up downloading a bunch of mods that allow more named characters to be settlers. Also using SKK fast start so I can pop out as seamlessly as possible.

Tankbuster fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jun 4, 2023

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Relyssa posted:

I like the way SKK's synthetic player deals with this. You get a mission briefing that basically says your character is making poo poo up to try to blend in and not seem suspicious.

how does Synthetic Player work with the Subversion mod? Found out the hard way that it doesn't. NVM.

Tankbuster fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jun 5, 2023

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Relyssa posted:

Yeah you'll need to do a lot of xedit work to make the two play nice. I'd probably stick with just Subversion if I had to pick one or the other.

shame really. Anyways, I am too chicken to do a SS2 run, so I am just running liga with a bunch of extra named settlers mods.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Bumper Stickup posted:

Any recommended mods to let me tell Preston to gently caress off? I know I can just ignore him entirely but I wasn't sure if there was a way to be actively antagonistic towards him or not. Also any recommended mods to change up the main quest/factions?

Whos the General. It makes it so that preston doesn't auto add quests.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Oh cool. Another one of those Arthmoor fuckups fixer mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/72679

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Twincityhacker posted:

Unjokeingly, I would be unsurprised if he makes the "mod" as soon as the Starfield nexus page is created so he can make sure that he gets the name "Starfield Unoffical Patch."

And that FATE patch also adds their own werid changes. Some are completely harmless like "fill five water bottles instead of one" but there is stuff like adding perks to companions that is very much not a bug fix.

eh, its more of a qol fix so you don't get things like companions triggering mines or something.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Depends on when you want to do it. I generally do it after wrapping up the kellogg business and when the game tells me to go to the glowing sea. I have been thinking of running Nuka World Reborn and Viva Nuka World to cap out my make everything better run.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
the power armor thing is perhaps the only actual sensible fix. Rust devils/cats you can squint at, and the entire thing with arthmoor's patches was his team doing a "one for you, one for me" fix. Its egregious in skyrim because people pushed back.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
theres a fumo mod for fallout 4.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

heard u like girls posted:

not bad whats fumo with you

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Real.AI for me has the problem where half the map aggros me whenever I shoot at a bloatfly.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
fallout 4 has a very good mod scene. It's just that a lot of the effort has gone into making poo poo like fallout London or the (never coming out) NV remake.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
good lord, wrangling precombines patches isn't easy.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
just use nuka world reborn lah. It's very nice visiting coca cola land and seeing uncle sam give them the equivalent of nuclear powered tanks for promotional material. Absolute A+ bit.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
yes, the horrible character called bethesda defendor.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/73889

this looks nice.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
it really is the same engine as oblivion huh.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Fallout 4 has it's own internal DAR like structure that the mod community never hosed with for some reason. Also making animations is hard.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
What does Welcome to Paradise add in terms of gameplay enhancements?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Flowing Thot posted:

Decided to start from scratch with my Fallout 4 install because I had been rolling over the same install with minor updates for like 3 computers and a number of years and the entire thing was a mess. It's fun seeing the fallout (sorry) from the Nexus drama still happening where I get told oh yeah this map mod is good, it's not on Nexus anymore though so google it, and the first link is to the slab. Everything being in one location was such a nice status quo to have.

the slab is significantly better than most other offsites.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
unequip pipboy doesn't have any scripts?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
what if those mods are good tho?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
people have malding posts on mods they hate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Yeah I suppose everyone likes spicy drama.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/76924

Anyways, CSEP/Dak's attachment pack is out.