Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I recently started replaying this, and my biggest question at the moment: is there a simple mod that fixes the loving horrific conversation system? Like, every time I try to turn in a quest, I have to go find a person, wait for them to finish whatever "immersive" animation they're doing, wait for them to spit out their "immersive" dialogue line about whatever they tasked me with, then tell them the exact same thing they just told me, then wait for them to respond and repeat the same goddamn thing for the third time, and then finally, hopefully, get a dialogue menu to pop up to turn the damned thing in. After the eight hundredth settlement that Preston sends me to coddle it starts to get a little old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

fuf posted:

Can't you just click to skip the dialogue?

Sometimes! Other times, it shoots them in the face, because making "skip dialogue" and "shoot weapon" the same button was another insightful design decision. But usually that doesn't take effect until the conversation gets into "locked on" mode. I'm mainly looking for something that eliminates all the preamble, e.g. someone's working on a corn plant, I walk up to them and press E, they slowly go through their "planting corn" animation or whatever, then stand up, then say a line, and then just stand there because for some reason that hasn't actually initiated conversation until I hit E again. It's all just very sloppy and feels weird.

Or if I want to go sell something, I don't want to hear the guy's philosophy on why weapons are good every time I try and barter. I just want to be able to run up to someone and mash E and get my dialogue options like in New Vegas.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Honsy16 posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16229

Quicktrade, for all of your instant bartering and companion/settler inventory needs. It also has some optional files to reduce the radius at which vendors will drag you into the forced greeting conversation.

That seems to help a lot, thanks. The reduced radius fix also seems to work with quest givers too, which is nice.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
This was a good opportunity to start fresh from a clean install, for the last few years I've been coasting on the same set of semi-broken mods that I didn't feel like fixing or updating. I mostly just used a few QOL improvements so it's not a huge change, but man I forgot how crappy the default UI was. What's the current go-to general UI improvement, ideally something that's either been updated or is expected to be soon? I had been using DEFUI but that hasn't been updated since 2019.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Thanks, I'll give that a try! :cheers: