Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
So can I put Breshad Perriman on IR before the draft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Gift card sent, who wants Jordan Matthews? Seriously, everyone on my team is on the trade block.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Send draft picks

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Papes posted:

I'd love to trade draft picks but you can't really afford to in this league unless you have obvious duds that can be dropped.
That's why you do players + pick swaps.

Anyway, Newtonian Fluids, sent you a big trade offer.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
So how do I log in as commish now? Wanted to update the draft order.

Also offer me some trades! :argh:

Sent a one for one to Beer.

Nawid fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 20, 2016

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
How can I log in as a admin now? Want to change draft order so I can try some trades.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
In Mariota I feel like I have the future #1 QB in the league, but the Titans just want to choke that out of him.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

jabro posted:

I drafted the other half of Gotham's new Dynamic Duo.

Wow, thought I would get him at 4.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I viewed Sterling/Treadwell/Coleman/Doctson as all equally valid choices at 2, so happy to get Coleman at 4.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Papes posted:

The 1.12 is up for trade. I'd like a high end te2 or better in return, but I'll consider all reasonable offers.

dang saw this top late or i wouldve made some sort of package deal with maxx williams

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Wanted Booker. Was looking at Washington and Howard but I gotta take a first round WR over fifth round RBs.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Picking up the first two WR drafted and the first TE drafted is not how I expected this draft to go down. Also, this is the fifth year in a row with no RBs drafted with a meaningful pick. And I bet I still will be okay at the position.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

OhSnapGangsta posted:

Pretty lovely that a site issue hosed me so hard :(

I've been thinking about this and I'm okay with a compensatory pick either at the end of the fifth this year or the fourth next year.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Surprised Braxton Miller lasted so long.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Papes posted:

I don't really see the appeal to a converted qb who is the 5th wr on their team

Julian Edelman

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
drat, I wanted Shaun Draughn.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I don't know if Boldin will ever start for me but I kinda had to take him there. He might still put up a 1k yard season.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
My draft review:
Round 1: Cory Coleman. Had to choose between him and Doctson and I feel like Coleman was the consensus best WR (first picked) in the draft plus he starts immediately.

Round 2: Will Fuller. Supposedly just a speedster but also the second overall WR taken in the draft so obvious pick. ODB was just supposedly a #2 guy, after all.

Round 3: Henry Hunter. I didn't want to take a TE here, but he's primed to take over for Gates and Rivers is a great QB.

Round 4: Josh Ferguson. He seems like a talented UDFA in a great situation. I needed a RB so it's a reach, but if there's even the slightest chance that this is a Arian Foster situation, I gotta take it.

Round 5: Vikings DEF. Needed a defense, would've taken the Raiders but I like Zimmer better than Del Rio as a coach.

Round 6: Tim Hightower. Handcuffing Mark Ingram.

Round 7: Alex Collins. Seattles's RB situation is not concrete so I'll gamble on a player who can get some of the pie.

Round 8: Anquan Boldin. I'm still stacked at WR but a potential WR3 in the 8th round is worth taking just so someone else can't have him.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My review:
Round 8: Mike Gillislee, BUF RB - He's the backup RB behind LeSean McCoy on a run-heavy offense. gently caress yeah I'll take him in the last round.
For four games. But yeah, I think I meant to draft him and forgot.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
drat Cory Coleman better be great because Derrick Henry looks like someone I should've made the first relevant RB drafted in Old Man Having Sex history.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Ugh forgot to use the waivers free for all yesterday. At least Kelvin Benjamin is still a great pick.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Same. Can't wait to see Cory Coleman and Fuller wreck.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Gronk :(

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Frgrbrgr posted:

Jabro, lineup.

Uh oh.

On the other hand, I am amazing at drafting WRs. Hopefully Coleman and Fuller continue to prove me right soon.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

jabro posted:

I'm more than willing to take advantage of you in a trade.

Speaking of, I just sent you a very minor trade.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Reminder: I got Coleman and Fuller (the first two WRs drafted) with the fourth and sixteenth pick.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Grins giving me 0 while I have Pitta hurts, but if it means a healthy Gronk then I am happy.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
For some reason commissioners could see pending transactions. Turned that off.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Jabro, you got a player on bye.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Anderron Shi posted:

Jesus Christ papes

Yeah, I'm going to have make the playoffs through point scoring. :(

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Yeah, I've never had a RB1 in any year I've been in the league and I've done okay through active free agent hunting. Also WRs have been available all over the draft. I have way too many of them. We also had a TE glut this year which led to Rudolph on free agency too long. I suppose it could be a little difficult to get a good QB but I mean Wentz was available in the third and he was the second overall pick.

The keep 16, drop 8 draft system also really benefits poor teams. Other than the Peyton Manning trade making Beer unstoppable for two years, it's been pretty balanced. Trade older talent for picks and younger talent and make the best sixteen players to keep for next year.

It's also easier to make mutually beneficial trades in dynasty. For example I traded Alshon Jeffery and a good pick for Giovani Bernard. Now long term, that was a terrible trade if you look at in a vacuum, but Bernard got me a cash prize that year and I'm ridiculously stacked at WR anyway.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Anderron Shi posted:

I need to cut my losses and make this my last season in the league. I am 0-4 and don't think I'll ever have a single realized return on investment lol.

wait wtf I just checked your roster, you have arguably the best RB, QB, and WR in all of dynasty football, why did i even bother with that post above

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Frgrbrgr posted:

Barring defenses, I have 6 people on my team playing this week that don't have an injury tag.

All vets who rest on Wednesdays are now listed as questionable I think.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Down for that substitution, also to fix that Week 1 aberration.

Also, inspired by the Browns, some new divisions. You are now either in the RG3, McCown, or Kessler division. Sadly, we don't have enough room for Whitehurst and Pryor divisions.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Sataere posted:

It isn't your fault I made bad decisions with my roster, destroying a once proud franchise. Next year, I will rise like a phoenix from the ashes of Jacksonville, because Bort is gonna bort.

you want backsies on that Bernard/Jeffery trade?

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Man, I'm really good at drafting. Hunter Henry looks great.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Barely won that game and lost Big Ben for maybe the season, but Mariota and Carr should be okay. Also not starting 4 WRs for the first time in maybe 4 years this week. Unfortunately, think Papes point lead will grow over me this week.

Sataere posted:

I am so mad I went with Clive Walford over him. I let the Walford hype get the better of me. I almost went with him over Walford and you grabbed Hunter after I went with Wentz. Wentz/Hunter would've had me feeling really loving good about next year.

I was confused by the offseason Walford love, he didn't do much in the offseason.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Any interest in switching to FleaFlicker next year? I'm just curious.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Ok, I think for next year sticking with MFL but maybe revamping the interface is probably best.

Also, I don't how to change past starting lineups to adjust scores, wanted to do so for that Thursday night incident and week 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Um, why isn't JJ Nelson on my team?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread