Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Anderron Shi posted:

Sorry man I've been really busy...nothing really jumps out at me though.

I was assuming draft picks in any trade. The question is whether you would be willing to move one of them for something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Anderson Shi and/or Azhais. I understand my team is hot garbage. I understand that it would cost draft picks to make a trade. What I don't understand is why you guys won't answer my PMs. :argh:

poo poo, if anyone is willing to trade running backs, talk to me.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Anderron Shi posted:

I told you why.

I saw that, but I was wondering if draft picks wouldn't make something work. I know nothing jumped out at you, but I was trying to see if I could make something happen.

Nawid posted:

I sent you a trade offer for your RB.

You understand that I am looking for running backs, not hoping to give my only functional one away. Check your PMs

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Alucard posted:

I can trade them, I just can't trade good ones

Your running backs look pretty good for next year

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Look at my team if you want to feel better. I was really high on Treadwell and I am very nervous that he is going to be a complete bust. My running backs are atrocious. Like, I don't even know how I have managed to win games this year, my roster is so bad. I am excited for next year though. I think I finally understand how dynasty works, which I didn't when I gave Beer a 1st and 2nd for Cameron Jordan and Christine Michael.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Anderron Shi posted:

I'm sorry if I came off as rude sataere but law school finals etc etc and I'm stretched super thin...long story short don't go to law school don't even think about it

Also ive never done any trading with draft picks so not really sure how to value them against players and things of that nature

It's all good. I tend to use dynasty calculator to get a baseline, then go on feel. You would know just as much as me, since you've been doing this longer.

I'm just trying to find an RB that I can trot out that is actually startable this year. If you aren't comfortable with trading for picks, I understand. I'm gonna shoot you a pm and detail what I was thinking.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Anderron Shi posted:

The fourth playoff spot is for the guy with the most points-for who didn't win his division, right?

Yup

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Papes posted:

Well, glad my playoff chances just went down the toilet due to misusing the worst user interface on the internet.

Not really. You are still in the thick of it for the wild card. It'll be between you and Anderson Shi. You lost your points advantage though.

Azhais, check your PMs! :argh:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Nawid posted:

That Rob Kelley for Dion Lewis switch up was slick.

When is the trade deadline btw? I think I'm keeping my roster for the rest of the season, but I'm going to offload some of my good players as soon as the season ends.

Thanks. I'm still not sure trading Kelley was the right move long-term. There is a 50/50 chance he ends up being the lead back next year, but they also have Marshall in the wings. The problem is that I like Kelley as a runner, but I don't love him. If he looked like Howard running, I never would've traded him.

I think he beasts out the rest of the year and wish you the best. I still need a second running back for the rest of the season. As it stands, it'll take a miracle for me to get the number one pick. But I like my chances,if building a strong team going forward.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Nawid posted:

Thank god, I play Sataere the week where everyone on my team died.

RIP Gronk, AJ Green, Gio, JMatt.

I don't see myself winning the championship without Gronk AND AJ Green so hopefully Green is back in two weeks.

This hurts my feelings. :(

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

OhSnapGangsta posted:

I know free agency is a wasteland but you have an open roster spot as well as an open IR spot that could be another roster spot. FYI.

I have been active. I have just mostly picked wrong. The IR spot just opened up. I don't think I have an extra roster spot.

FAKE EDIT: loving son of a bitch, I did have a spot.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

If I can get two points from Dion Lewis, I will have my second win. The teams I will have beaten are Azhais and Papes. I am a saying that I am a sleeping giant. Fear me.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Sataere posted:

If I can get two points from Dion Lewis, I will have my second win. The teams I will have beaten are Azhais and Papes. I am a saying that I am a sleeping giant. Fear me.

FEAR ME!!!

But for real, now my team decides to break 100 points in a game, not next week when I will actually need it. I bet I don't even break 50 next week because my strategy of emulating the Browns to rebuild for next year has resulted in me basically being the Browns!

:argh:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yeah, one RB is a luxury. Since Lynch retired and I have failed to address running back in the draft, my roster has suffered greatly.

I will also be interested in trades after the fantasy playoffs. Willing to move players for picks or acquire players. Just let me know.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hoping for an untimely win. Expecting a logical loss.

That's a pretty good synopsis of your season.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Alucard posted:

I realized I had some extra guys I could have deployed to IR to manage my roster size instead of dropping Hillman to bring McFadden off IR. Anyone opposed to me reversing the drop?

Not really, but also not sure it matters. If you need Hillman in the next two weeks, you are probably screwed anyway.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Alucard posted:

Agreed that it doesn't matter for this season but I'm thinking long term because Hillman is clearly an elite RB hiding being the veneer of a one season wonder.

Have you seen my running backs? Watch what you say, because I don't need much convincing to put in a waiver claim

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

At least my receivers aren't complete garbage.

It is amazing how the minute I trade Brees, Wentz turned into a pumpkin.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Shouldn't we be playing for draft position this week?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I like that for the toilet bowl, we are both going to end up with our best games of the season.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Nawid posted:

Sataere's team went from tire fire, to decent, even. I think the 16 keeper roster is really helping with parity.

You will be missed Beer!

Is everyone else still in?

My team isn't really decent, but it is young. I might have gotten really lucky with JJ Nelson. I hurt myself tremendously when I traded picks for Christine Michael and rebuilding is an uphill battle.

And I am for sure in. I didn't put all this work in to set up for next year just to quit now.

Looking forward to drafting all the running backs.

EDIT: Also isn't that right and OhSnapGangsta, you both needed to win for me :argh:

Sataere fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 27, 2016

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

So I wanted to look over past years draft and boy has the website changed...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Alshon has broken my heart and I have decided he is going to flame out of the league. Make your offers!

• Locked thread