Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
every other airport is no good compared to Atlanta, and this is the goddamn truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
ATL is pretty good, they have a room where you can smoke cigarettes.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Jim Barris posted:

I'm actually in a room where u can buy beers and smoke, that's what prompted this thread

Aug 4, 2010

idk but i only hear bad things about american airports

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
also atl drinking and smoking areas are the reason I am get delta gold medallion every year. I only fly delta through Atlanta this is the best airport

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
unless you're a gay black man, there is no reason to live in atlanta

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

The Whole Internet posted:

unless you're a gay black man, there is no reason to live in atlanta

I'm sure that is accurate but I'm talking about the airport

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

actually it sucks rear end

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

it's too loving hot op i'm fryin like an egg every time i go through that jetway

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

jackyl posted:

I'm actually in a room where u can buy beers and smoke, that's what prompted this thread
Airports are annoying at the best of times I'm glad the great state of Georgia has the presence of mind to let people de-stress in their airports via smoking and drinking and possibly taking a bunch of xanax.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
The Next Station is Concourse A. Concourse A

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Jim Barris posted:

drinking and possibly taking a bunch of xanax.

my preflight check is to make sure i've got at least two types of downers pumpin thick through my bloodstream

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Hey are they still doing construction and loving up domestic flights? I'm going to Tampa in August and can't decide if I wanna just drive to skip the hassle

Also ATL owns, I rolled up with a sandwich bag crammed full of tiny booze bottles and the checkin lady just looked at me and said "I didn't see that don't let me see that" and I got blitzed on the plane A+ will fly Delta again

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Jonesy posted:

Hey are they still doing construction and loving up domestic flights? I'm going to Tampa in August and can't decide if I wanna just drive to skip the hassle

Also ATL owns, I rolled up with a sandwich bag crammed full of tiny booze bottles and the checkin lady just looked at me and said "I didn't see that don't let me see that" and I got blitzed on the plane A+ will fly Delta again

still doing construction yes, but not in the walkways between b and a. Center court in a is still getting work, will report on f when I get there after this beer

loving up domestic flights idk about that, my flight here was hosed but it wasn't Atlanta fault. I did miss my original CDG flight but in the next so it's fine

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I've flown out of well over 30 domestic airports and the best are probably San Jose, CA and Madison, WI. Zero lines, no backscatter bullshit, walks from counter to terminal are small; when you come off a flight the baggage is already going before you get there. Good airports.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

MiracleWhale posted:

my preflight check is to make sure i've got at least two types of downers pumpin thick through my bloodstream

If you're not waking up at your destination with absolutely no memories of how you got there you done hosed up, imo.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I've flown out of well over 30 domestic airports and the best are probably San Jose, CA and Madison, WI. Zero lines, no backscatter bullshit, walks from counter to terminal are small; when you come off a flight the baggage is already going before you get there. Good airports.

sjc is p cool since they finished the construction a few years ago. Madison I don't know

but atl is the king

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I like airports where they have cool local food in the terminal; Austin, Denver, and Chicago are really good for this (wtf DCA, no Ben's Chili Bowl???). ATL has a few good soul-food places but that's kind of heavy for a quick airport snack. Though they do have one Savannah-based shop that has a rep at ATL selling fudge and pralines and all. I lived in Savannah a few months and I swear those fuckers have a praline-based economy.

ATL just needs more places that are spin-offs of local favorites instead of national corporate chains, more bars that are tributes to local hip bars and serve Georgian brews, etc. And in particular to balance out their "huge plate of stew and greens" they need to have, I dunno, more places selling Georgia-themed shrimp-wraps and pimento cheese sandwiches for the grab-and-go crowd.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

The Whole Internet posted:

unless you're a gay black man, there is no reason to live
:yeah:

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Jim Barris posted:

If you're not waking up at your destination with absolutely no memories of how you got there you done hosed up, imo.

i'm not saying i want to piss myself on the plane but i feel like you haven't gone far enough until you've gone too far

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
do they have a Jose Cuervo Tequileria like TIA does?

AutoArgus
Jun 24, 2009
Reminder that Atlanta closed down gates to put re-booking kiosks in. It is a bad airport run by bad people, built by bad people, and filled with bad people.

You are bad and wrong if you like it and you should feel bad and for liking that cesspit that tells people it's an airport and not a smelly series of boxes you go to contemplate death in.

AutoArgus fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 11, 2016

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I like Denver. It's clean and has a lot of dining options. Vegas one sucks a fat one.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Kuato posted:

I like Denver. It's clean and has a lot of dining options. Vegas one sucks a fat one.

denver's lines are poo poo don't remind me that i have to go there in two weeks

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Hartsfield International has its own loving subway to get between terminals. Hell yes

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

biggest airport in the world. it's really, really big.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I got stuck in immigration at ATL for 3 hours because "technical difficulties"

Not so great

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Welcome to Atlanta where the players play
And we ride on dem thangs like ev-ery day
Big beats, hit streets, see gangsters roamin
And parties dont stop 'til eight in the mo'nin

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Jim Barris posted:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
ATL reminds me of the airport in the fifth element because i'm a dork.

so many people dressed funny

leeloo multipass

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Well it sucks in that all airports suck and there's about a million other things I'd rather do than fly commercial. But that's just an understood baseline. Like I remember my last time at LGA some poo poo was broken and they told me just to throw my poo poo on this great big pile of suitcases. I was like, "uhhh... are you sure?". It looked like the airport from the fifth element.

EnabledAssman
Dec 29, 2008
i brought weed thru security there.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Jim Barris posted:

I smoked weed in one of them with a US Marine on his way home from Iraq. It felt hella patriotic.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
Can't buy booze until after noon on Sundays total bullshit.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Wikkheiser posted:

ATL reminds me of the airport in the fifth element because i'm a dork.

so many people dressed funny

leeloo multipass

YOU WANT SOME MORE ?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Op are you at the international terminal or domestic ?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Josh Wow posted:

Can't buy booze until after noon on Sundays total bullshit.

Hey show some loving respect it wasnt long ago that we couldnt buy on sunday at all. Saturday night 11pm used to be a critical junction. Now we dont even gotta worry about having supplies for football on sun

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mariana Horchata posted:

Welcome to Atlanta where the players play
And we ride on dem thangs like ev-ery day
Big beats, hit streets, see gangsters roamin
And parties dont stop 'til eight in the mo'nin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
this is in stark contrast to sky harbor or mccarran which are basically giant sphincters masquerading as airports

• Locked thread