Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/heyitsgarrett/status/741390884185350144

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

the yospos slack is THE slack of the Internet

too bad it's a web view

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Slack takes up to 500MB - 1.1GB memory on my system idle

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

echinopsis posted:

what's the international cost of all the resources (hardware like ram and ongoing like energy) of something so inefficient as slack

about half of bitcoin

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

when people complain about separate "code bases", what are they talking about?

like they says oh yeah we could write native apps, but you see the problem is we would have separate code bases.

surely they don't just mean desperate code for thin client that just do API calls and draw stuff on a screen , right? like that's a given.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

tiS is the second time I've heard about someone having a 120GB SSD lying around unused. I think they're becoming ubiquitous like that.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i thought the forums were in the cloud now

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

leftist heap posted:

i use atom and despite being a web view thing i find it pretty good

same

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

fart simpson posted:

we dont have a backup system at work and my boss wants me to spend my own money to buy external hard drives to do backups of my work files. lol.

are you BYOD? if not make the dude a deal, be like, yeah i'll back up everything at my own cost but only if i work on my own devices cause then it's a personal expense too to back it up.

if you're talking about servers then just let your boss and co-workers move into your home and use your own server this is my advice

seems useful. then you can better tailor your web experience for users with the best headphones on earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i wonder if they put that there was some like.. drm-esque thing so you could access Exclusive Web Content or if they're just like... must brand everywhere

• Locked thread