Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Israel has the Delilah missile. That thing is basically a loving missile shaped drone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
As long as Tex gets to throw Liz Röhm into a volcano at some point during the season finale, everything should be cool. But I feel like she's going to have some sort of convoluted escape and persist into next year.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

The missiles are part of a weapon system called Liberty-killer, they can stay in the air for hours at a time thanks to their anti-freedomium reactors.

But 'Murica Actual has too much swagger to be stopped by that kind of weak-rear end poo poo.

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014

Rocksicles posted:

Israel has the Delilah missile. That thing is basically a loving missile shaped drone.

That's some cool poo poo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delilah_(missile)

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Israel knows how to put together a ridiculous weapon system.

First Mechwarrior will be Israeli, book it.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 6, 2016

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Rocksicles posted:

Israel knows how to put together a ridiculous weapon system.

First Mechwarrior will be Israeli, book it.

Tony Stark has been put to shame. Delilah is a great name too. For a deadly missile I mean.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I like that the regional leaders are just slap fighting with each other.

"We have started a coup, and formed the libertarian ideal dictatorship"
"Yeah well gently caress you, stop mining someone elses territory"
"Oh yeah? How about I don't send workers?"
"Do you want oil? Because I'll loving cut everyone off."
"Where are my workers? I swear nobody in the entire country will get power"

I feel like they could have gone with making Chandler seem wrong and have people be okay with the regional leaders and actually have them accomplishing their goals of local governance and making things better, but nope, cartoonishly evil/stupid libertarians are slitting peoples throats. And it's great.

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006

jfood posted:

'Murica Actual

swiping this for a name change (along with a nice big tomahawk av)

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
If you didnt see the news this was renewed for season 4 AND now 5! To be 10 episodes each.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Wandle Cax posted:

If you didnt see the news this was renewed for season 4 AND now 5! To be 10 episodes each.

Yay but also aww at the smaller seasons.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Hmm, kinda wonder if they're getting ready to wrap it up? I mean, there's only so many continents they can reclaim, they're gonna run out eventually...

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

We haven't planted a flag on the moon in a while...

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I never knew how much I wanted The Last Starship until now

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

BattleMaster posted:

Battlestar Galactica?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'd like to see them go to Europe now, supposedly some immune fascists were in charge as of S2, and in S1 somewhere (France?) got nuked.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

BattleMaster posted:

I'd be down with a plotline where the virus was an alien weapon meant to clear us off the planet so they could move in, but those drat aliens didn't count on HONOR and THE NAVY.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Warships

Also, can't wait for the reboot where they're in one of these when the Internet goes out and 90% of the population dies: http://imgur.com/gallery/F0iPq

FISHMANPET fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 9, 2016

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

FISHMANPET posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Warships

Also, can't wait for the reboot where they're in one of these when the Internet goes out and 90% of the population dies: http://imgur.com/gallery/F0iPq

Man, warships look weird these days.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Wandle Cax posted:

Tex until 2018 = good

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ratjaculation posted:

Tex until 2018 = good

President Tex please.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

BattleMaster posted:

quote:

The Last Starship From Earth is a dystopian novel set in 1968 and 1969, but not the 1968 and 1969 that I remember, or lived through. In the world of this story, Jesus did not die on the cross, but was killed leading an assault on Rome. He was the Messiah that people expected. The government of John Boyd’s world is a global government run by Christians along “scientific” lines, where psychologists and sociologists in conjunction with the Church and an AI Pope rule the world. People marry and mate because of their genes, sort of like the film Gattaca, and the hero of our story is Haldane IV, M-5, 138270, 3/10/46, a math student of great promise, being the fourth in line of great mathematicians. Unfortunately Haldane gets the hots for Helix, a mere poet. By law and social custom Haldane is expected to have nothing to do with her, but as you’d expect he falls in love with her.

This sounds like a helluva concept for Netflix to take up for a new sci-fi show. AI loving popes man, too loving cool.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Little known fact: All Popes since the 50's have been AI's.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

gently caress me. :(

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Goddamnit son of a bitch gently caress.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

When a hero like Tex falls, another one will rise to take his place. Carry that torch Asian Dude, the VAMPIRE-VAMPIRE-VAMPIRE-Slayer

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Either the showrunners are complete idiots, or they're duplicitous masterminds.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

MOTHER FUCKER

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

😭😭😭

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Silly Burrito posted:

President Tex please.

Ratjaculation posted:

Tex until 2018 = good

Gonz posted:

As long as Tex gets to throw Liz Röhm into a volcano at some point during the season finale, everything should be cool. But I feel like she's going to have some sort of convoluted escape and persist into next year.

:smith:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I expected evil blonde lady to go out shooting.

TEX :911: :clint:

Long live Tex's daughter

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Hope we get Force Ghost Tex next year.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Imo it was pretty rude for tex to just fall asleep on the plane given what was going on

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Ratjaculation posted:

Imo it was pretty rude for tex to just fall asleep on the plane given what was going on

It was a tough day at the rear end-kicking factory.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Little Miss Tex will have Ghost Dad to guide her quest to protect America from splittists and traitors. :patriot:

This episode ship action looked really good which is not surprising as it was directed by Peter Weller. When Robocop says the CGI needs to look good you go the extra mile.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
:rip: Tex.
This show still rules.
The only flub that caught me was the turbines on the business jet not turning as it was taxiing and jet whine was blasting in the background.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Sep 13, 2016

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014

CeeJee posted:

Little Miss Tex will have Ghost Dad to guide her quest to protect America from splittists and traitors. :patriot:

She will also be sponsored by 'Murica Actual and attend the Naval Academy. She will eventually go on to command the lead ship of the new Nolan-class littorial combat ships (LCS).

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who's gonna be the bad guy in the next season? Mexicans?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I'm guessing season 4 will have a scene where a beard Capn Squarejaw rejoins the navy, and inspirational music plays as he shaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Tex no! :cry:

• Locked thread