Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

One thing that surprised me is that they're incredibly consistent with what language the different Asian characters speak such that you can figure out where the bad guys are from if you can recognize it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Octy posted:

This is legitimately the best show on TV right now.

Also, I assume the hot doctor who made the cure isn't coming back. We're four episodes in and they've barely mentioned her.

Well the first mention of her was that she died.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I kept waiting for someone to say "this is a matter of operational security and people will die if we say anything right now" but the politicians just stared back dumbfounded at journalists who said "but freedom of the press"

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Takehaya for president

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Yeah the CGI was kind of rough but the fight was pretty great anyway.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I can't wait until little miss smug traitor bottle blonde eats a bullet

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

There's a lot of hatred towards Japan by other Asian countries for what they did during World War 2 and how the emperor, government, and top military men and other war criminals went heavily unpunished. I'm not sure if in real life that also translates to many people wanting to wipe out the entire people and burn their culture, but I think that doing so is still going way too far no matter how much you hate them which is why it was pretty satisfying for me when Takehaya stabbed Peng. Him and Kyoko choosing to stay on Japanese soil and die as the last of their people was also a lot more emotional and tasteful than I was expecting from this series after "my god, they're burning the bodies to power the city!"

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I thought it was lightly snowing but I guess that doesn't really make sense for Las Vegas now that I think about it.

I wonder why General Bradley was so afraid of his former boss and his ability to have everyone killed? Maybe they're crazy enough to throw around nukes, but I think that if some place was nuked and it was raining ash they would have brought attention to it.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Sober posted:

Do those missiles that struck the Henan actually exist? Like as the show described they just hovered in altitude until they are told their targets?

I assume they meant that they came from an aircraft that was loitering for them. Maybe a drone given that they had that command console in the White House.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Wandle Cax posted:

If you didnt see the news this was renewed for season 4 AND now 5! To be 10 episodes each.

Yay but also aww at the smaller seasons.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I never knew how much I wanted The Last Starship until now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Ratjaculation posted:

Imo it was pretty rude for tex to just fall asleep on the plane given what was going on

It was a tough day at the rear end-kicking factory.

• Locked thread