Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Sober posted:

I mean Eric Dane is not gonna win any Emmys but the video speech to his children was pretty much one take and pretty drat excellent in my opinion.

Also I don't know if it's just a byproduct of the navy boat/sub drama but there is excellent as hell tension during the action sequences involving the destroyer and even in the down time the characters are maybe familiar enough to me after 3 years that I care about most of the crew.

As a contrary to this I really hate the smug dork. I don't even remember that much about him in past seasons but he gets way too much screen time for some reason. They are trying to make him into so much of a badass it's like he is a writer for the show writing his own lines or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Octy posted:

Well, him getting so much screen time is probably because he's the captain of the ship and was established as a leading character in the pilot episode.

Also, glad that ripped Australian guy survived.

I meant Miller. The guy who now is apparently just behind the new captain of the James as a main character, for some reason.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Ratjaculation posted:

this show is pure goddamn cheese.

and i can't get enough

Yeah

"They are picking us off one by one, we have to figure out how because we only have so many rando people nobody has ever seen before on our strike team!"

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I like that the regional leaders are just slap fighting with each other.

"We have started a coup, and formed the libertarian ideal dictatorship"
"Yeah well gently caress you, stop mining someone elses territory"
"Oh yeah? How about I don't send workers?"
"Do you want oil? Because I'll loving cut everyone off."
"Where are my workers? I swear nobody in the entire country will get power"

I feel like they could have gone with making Chandler seem wrong and have people be okay with the regional leaders and actually have them accomplishing their goals of local governance and making things better, but nope, cartoonishly evil/stupid libertarians are slitting peoples throats. And it's great.

• Locked thread