Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

life is killing me posted:

All that said it's a fun show. The battle and fight scenes are exciting, and the acting is decent, and they've got a solid foundation upon which to build the show in the book on which the show is based (although, having not read the entire book, I don't know if the show has surpassed the book's plotting a la GoT).

The show shares nothing with the book except the title, the name of the ship, and the vaguest overall concept of "US Navy destroyer is at sea when the whole world goes pear-shaped." I'm not even sure why they optioned it, really, unless they just wanted to avoid the possibility of being sued.

Also, the book is godawful dreck; don't bother with it unless you're really into reading some nameless captain ramble about the superiority of Navy sailors above all other lesser beings through page after page of the most ridiculous run-on sentences and purple prose imaginable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Ratjaculation posted:

BUT WHO KEPT PULLING THE TRAIN HORN DURING THE FIGHT?!

Trains just naturally make horn noises all the time, just like guns always make that rattling sound when you point them at someone. Everyone knows that!

• Locked thread