Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Wait what, the enemy can just sit in your evac dropship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Titan model kits would be pretty sweet, especially if they're Gunpla-quality.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Lightning Knight posted:

:stare: I'd so put those on a desk as decorations.

EA should throw money at LEGO and make those real, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Doubt Lego would pick it up since Titanfall would probably be considered too violent, despite Lego's shift over the years. Get ready for Titanfall by Mega Bloks.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Speaking of Lego, this guy made an Alternator and a certain device out of it.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Clearly XIM players are actually the most skilled players because in actuality they're fighting the controls, rather than being coddled like controller players.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

The game needs more executions based off tactical kit stuff.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I played a few games with Scorch last night after reading the tips here in this thread and I wrecked a whole bunch of people. I feel like he needs the dash to get out of trouble when hurling barrels at a group of titans, personally.

I definitely go for the dash option because it's so vital.

Personally as Scorch, going for executions gets me wrecked sooner than later, because it gives the enemies time to set up to burn you down afterwards, but it's so drat satisfying. Lately though, it's just started to hurt me more because the Titan self-destructs and while it's no nuke, it still takes off a chunk of health.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yo I got a handful more BWW codes for the Ion nose art. They expire on Thursday I think. Doesn't work with prime Titan tho :(

Sure, I'll take one. Could use an excuse to take my Ion out again before I'm done with Scorch.

Edit: Thanks for the code.

Argas fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Dec 14, 2016

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's probably a mix of buggy/unintended consequences. Just pick a loadout with stim or cloak and haul rear end out of there and within seconds your entire team will spawn on your rear end once the respawn code decides to pick a new point.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Cause it feels like an actual huge battle rather than shooting fish in a barrel, and its waves feel more organic, less Stop–Go.

And all without actually being a huge battle, like Battlefield games. Sure, BF is actually huge but literally everyone else in the game can and will shoot you dead. In Attrition, grunts and spectres aren't as immensely lethal as another player while still making it feel like it's bigger than it actually is.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Still got some dewitos codes before I give them away to randoms

I'll take one.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Titans should have shoulder emblems. Just nose art and camo isn't enough.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I'm been trying nuke eject on Northstar and throwing down a tether before I nuke. Not much luck thus far, only one solid kill, and several where they got caught at the edge of the blast to get knocked down to doomed. Did have on hilarious kill where I melee'd someone as they were ejecting while I was falling back down from my own nuke eject. I need to figure out the tether trap some more before trying this again.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's like a cargo cult.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Well, that was...incredibly odd.

So I respawned in my Ronin, and right as the animation for spawning in finishes, I get crushed by a Reaper's warpfall. I did not know that could happen.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

RichterIX posted:

The real embarrassing one is when you aren't paying attention after barely surviving a firefight and end up getting melee'd to death by a grunt.

How about getting taken out by a spectre's exploding power pack? That you damaged.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Coming up against a bunch of newbies or bad players makes you feel totally awesome, and then afterwards you sigh because you'll never feel that cool in a normal match.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Inspector Hound posted:

Oof, all that walking around and no wall running. You go crazy with that Ronin though

Yeah, it's a mix of the map and using the Hemlok. If I'm using a hipfire SMG, I'll wall run a lot more than this.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

While the campaign doesn't have as many, uh, static setpieces as Call of Duty, it sets you up for a lot of situations that are cool and badass and are driven by your combat prowess.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

That Gobbo posted:

I'm definitely a fan of target optics, it makes it quite a bit easier for me to flick shot pilots and I like to combine it with double electric smoke for sniping through.

I definitely like using target optics and it's hilarious how many pilot kills I get with it.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I seem to have incredible luck with my daily Happy Hour games because it's still Christmas in TF2.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Stan Taylor posted:

BF1 for me was spawning in, spending thirty seconds running to the fight and dying from a sniper halfway across the map, with matches lasting like 20 to 30 minutes I think? I got both games at the same time and have forty hours in TiFa2 and three in BF1. Matches are ten minutes at most and essentially constant action. I've had like two or three ames where my team got poo poo on via spawn camping, and those were on one particular level with i guess a weird spawn setup.

Yeah, that's my big gripe with BF-style games in general. Conceptually I love them, big numbers of players to create the sense of being in a big battle. Only you'll tend to die a lot, and die like a bitch a lot. A lot of time you'll just get shot with no chance of shooting back or any idea where the shooter was. TF2's grunts takes the brunt of that abuse.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Ularg posted:

Does the average player really need that much assistance for an enemy that always jumps off the Titan in the same way?

Yes. Yes they do.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

You only need to hold for pilot executions, not titans. And you can't execute during Sword Core.

What? Unless I'm remembering wrong, you can. You just have to use the melee button, instead of primary fire.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I tend to lack motivation to play for than the odd match or two these days, and I tend to play solo because of RL distractions pulling me away from the game. Still, may as well throw my PSN out there because my friends' schedules mean I barely get to play with them anymore: Selic_LL.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Geight posted:

I've actually tried this a ton and never been able to pull it off, they're really aggressive with invisible walls that don't let Northstar hover anywhere another Titan can't get normally. But I would love to be proven wrong!

e: Although one time I chained flight core into nuclear eject and took out the whole drat enemy team, that felt pretty swell. If you nuclear eject while hovering as Northstar you just hang in the air, which is just another reason to run nuke on every Titan.

I've managed to do it on Complex once since I don't really play Northstar much after regenning it once. It's a fun titan but just not to my taste. Don't recall if I was just using hover or flight core, probably the latter since the other team lost.

Argas fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 5, 2017

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Geight posted:

Yeah as a Northstar it's real hard to not be bitter about Ion's shoulder laser doing comparable damage to your primary weapon while being massively easier to use. :smith: Why do they hate the sniper robot so much

Because snipers.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Letting you boost while hovering would probably be a huge buff to Northstar.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

You can totally just walk away from a nuke eject as a Scorch if you can immediately turn and can walk away. Just plain walking speed.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Have a (fan-made) Lego Atlas, the base chassis for the Ion and Tone. Throwing up a thumbnail to draw people's eyes to this awesome creation.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Have you ever played against a team running all north stars/ronin with nuke eject using hemlocks/devotion?

No, because I've already quit after getting nailed by the hemlok/devotion for the third time.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Been getting my happy hours at midnight lately and it's a nightmare when everyone is using devotions or hemloks, with A-wall or phase shift.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Someone made a Lego Vanguard-class Titan

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Pops Mgee posted:

I used to roll with a crew in MW2 that had all the angles worked out to launch grenades across the maps in the opening seconds of hardcore s&d. Pubbie teams would spawn to find about 6 grenades all falling on them. It was great.

Same, but Domination.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I don't use bumper jumper and I don't have big problems with aiming in midair. Granted, I mostly play with SMGs and other bullet spamming guns lately so I don't need to aim that well.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I see a kindred spirit.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Probably just a fluke of a match/the enemy team but I am enjoying overcore + grand cannon on Ion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbZz30HDtlM

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I was trying to finish the challenge to get the new execution and a funny thing happened.

I was cackling at the irony of getting overconfident in a static position.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's probably less than six months. People work fast on pumping out random erotica of the latest things.

Anyway. This is mostly my own experience but fighting at long-range with the L-star can be hilarious sometimes. People react as if you're also using a hitscan weapon while you can just dump enough shots and then run away/phase shift/etc. and they'll keep ducking in and out of cover and then die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbda3X3SK98

I love Grand Cannon