Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Honestly, poo poo like this is the Holy Grail of gaming to me. Like skiing in OG Tribes: I love when some small quirk of the coding creates an entirely unintended meta which turns the game into something else that was never designed.

Same, it's these little things that made so many games shine bright. Melee, Titanfall, Mario Kart, MvC2, TFC. There's a certain level of brokenness that, if it can be honed, makes a game really interesting. It has to be right at the edge where that brokenness that's right on the edge of being a skill teetering, but never falling into exploit territory.

I grew up in the Half-Life days, where every match was a mix of casuals/sweaty nerds and games only got patched every couple months because Fileplanet was the main source of distribution. It was great seeing how a meta evolved with a patch and how people just kinda put up with poo poo back then and you didn't really see the playerbase die because it was too hard to get into, people would just adapt or move onto another game. The bitching was rampant over comms but people still stuck around.

But these days everything has to be super accessible and homogenized. It's all so safe and boring, but you want most of your playerbase in the multiplayer spending money on cosmetics and unlocking battle passes.

Early 2000s PC gaming was dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy poo poo I need to get this running on my Deck.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Imagine playing CoD for anything other than Zombies.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

EA gives us the Dead Space remake which is incredible, then this... god drat it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Battlefield 2042 was several years later, Battlefield 1 came out during the TF2 launch. Still, Battlefield is huge competition.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I think the meta is "Battle Royale is stale and boring," something along those lines.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Every time I find myself playing Warframe it's like for an hour every year and I come to realize I don't understand what the game is. I always stop playing after a day. It's so bloated with crap. Like any game that's been getting a constant stream of content for way too god drat long.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Wow! Double plus gently caress Apex!

I hate how he just laughs about making the right decision because it was basically the one that made the most money. I hate video games these days.

edit: cursed KRABER snipe

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

dogstile posted:

Yeah and honestly, titanfall has had way more chances to be more popular than it is than most other games I know. How many other games have had as many revival events as this series only for it to burn out in like, a week?

Titanfall 2's MP never really stood a fair chance unfortunately because it was sandwiched between BF1 and the newest COD at the time, the post launch game I don't recall being all that substantial considering what was coming out for other FPS titles at the time, and the whole hacking situation.

If Titanfall 3 came out and it tanked Respawn I'd be glad that I at least got one last classic FPS title and not a watered down BR facsimile of what used to be. I could have gone without the SW: Jedi Soulsbournes for another TF3 as well.

I'm sure they could have at least poo poo out a TF3 in conjunction with ongoing dev for Apex, if they could get those two Star Wars titles out I mean why the gently caress not? Yes I'm bitter.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Well, some dumb judge whose son works for Microsoft and doesn't understand consoles or videogames just ruled that Microsoft can buy Activision so we're in for another decade or two of this awfulness.

It's a good thing Activision/Blizzard doesn't have any good games.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It's Titanfall, so yeah, god bless MS.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Argas posted:

What if they release Titanfall 3 and it sucks

There's no way it could be worse than Apex.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mordja posted:

pretty up the graphics slightly,

You really don't even need to, the game still looks great.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Respawn... oh how the Titans... have Fallen.

:dadjoke:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

OctaMurk posted:

How about a titanfall moba

They kinda had one on mobile, it was a card based thing called Titanfall Assault.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

If someone wants set up a TiGoonFall 2 Discord I'd be down to join.

Also, this video from Tomatoanus explaining the Titanfall 2 speed run is a loving pro click: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23_1uqeLCGE The movement is so drat smooooooth.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is Subject Nessie the code name for TF3 because it'll never exist as much as I want it to?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

sockpuppetclock posted:

lol *makes the ESRB logo fade in and out dramatically*
https://twitter.com/JHaleStorm/status/1711595224407949486

Standby for heartbreak.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

So all this Titanfall stuff was actually leading up to a new piece of Titanfall media....set in the Apex Legends universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fU4PlGIaWU

*loudest slide whistle sound ever*

At least TF2 is back!

Edit: there's a new Advocate message in-game that says "Transmission to Pilot Failed" so I guess Respawn isn't going to stop with these ambiguous teasers until they drive me to madness.

Apex being a dogshit game aside, didn't they used to have really well done trailers and not lovely, straight-to-Netflix anime garbage?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ringo Star Get posted:

Titanfall Lego sets when.

Ringo Star Get posted:

Don’t give me hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Captain Beans posted:

im scared

if they make a TF3 can it possibly be as good as 2?

It's kinda hard to top the best FPS ever, but drat it, at least try.