Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
:siren: TITANFALL 2 ON STEAM BAY-BEEEEEEE :siren:

:siren: Networks:siren:
PC:
[LLJK]Titanfall Goons (NA)
Happy Hour: 9pm PST
[BRXT]European Goonion (EU)
Happy Hour: 8pm GMT

Xbox One:
[BOYS]Boy Team Super Xtreme (NA)
Happy Hour: ???

PS4:
[GOON]Goonfall (NA)
Happy Hour: 9PM EST
[GOON]Something Awful (NA)
Happy Hour: 10PM EST

Here's the form to fill out if you want to play with goons:
https://goo.gl/forms/uXYwqAVTU6Zbq97e2

Here are the responses:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kqYB8im5i_YbuJiuEe1bJ01oXZEucD_SXxNyi2woKZk/edit#gid=391971060

Discord Info
Reticulated Splines
hashtag pcgaming

Both of these discords have people playing Titanfall 2 pretty regularly, add both and look for groups in either

:downsgun:New Player Tips:downsgun:
Also known as "FrothyOmen's Center For Kids Who Can't Play Titanfall 2 Good And Wanna Learn How To Do Other Stuff Good Too":
How To Double Jump
How To Chain Wall Runs
How To Wall Run Like a Pro

How To Slide
How To Slide Better
How To Slide Like A Pro
How To Slide Hop With A Controller

Air Strafing on Keyboard and Mouse, Eject Strafing, and Slide Hopping

Titanfall 2 is the sequel to the critically acclaimed really cool game Titanfall, which, despite being somewhat lacking in progression and customization options (and weapon/mech variety...), had gameplay that was very fun and engaging.

The basic gameplay in Titanfall 1 was a 6v6 shooter with various modes (deathmatch, capture the flag, hardpoint). Players would jump/wall-run around maps shooting AI bots and other players, which would let them get their Titan faster. Titans are giant robots that you can call down and pilot until they get blown up or the game ends. Oh there was also a :airquote:campaign:airquote: which was essentially 9 multiplayer matches with some really bad extremely good writing and voice acting.

Here's what EA has to say about the sequel:

quote:

In multiplayer, Titanfall 2 delivers best-in-class shooter gameplay backed by more depth and variety including new Titans – each with their own unique abilities, a deeper set of Pilot abilities, an expanded arsenal of weapons, more customization options, and a robust progression system.

In the single player campaign, Titanfall 2 explores the unique bond between man and machine as players step on to The Frontier as a Militia rifleman with aspirations of becoming a Pilot. Stranded behind IMC enemy lines, and against overwhelming odds, you must team up with a veteran Vanguard-class Titan and uphold a mission you were never meant to carry out.

From the sound of it and from what I've seen in the trailers it looks like Respawn has listened to the complaints about the first game and addressed them. New features include:

- New weapons (probably)!
- New Titans!
- New Titan Cores! (power ups that you could get from getting a bunch of kills in a Titan. Was just a speed/attack/shield boost in 1 but looks like it's been expanded in 2)
- :siren: A grappling hook! :siren:
- :frogsiren: An actual single player campaign!! :frogsiren:
- A bunch of customization options (probably)!

Titanfall 2 is scheduled to release October 28th, 2016 for PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jun 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Gunder posted:

Completely uninterested in a single-player campaign, but that multiplayer trailer looked great.

The single player doesn't seem like anything revolutionary but it might be interesting to play through once. Can't be worse than the first game's """story"""

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

YOU KILL ME, YOU'RE BETTAH. I KILL YOU, I'M BETTAH

can't wait to play Titanfall 2 with you and as many of the old crew as we can get. Charge rifle only, day 1, book it.

New gimmick match: grapple hook kills only

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
So I actually went to the EA Play event at E3 today since it's like 20 minutes from work and open to the public and I got to play a few rounds of Titanfall 2! Here's a brain dump :siren:hot exclusive:siren: of what I got to play:

General Stuff
- There was a new game mode called "Bounty Hunt" where you would go to designated areas on the map and shoot ai or players to build up a meter and when that meter was full it spawned a "boss titan" that you had to kill to get points. Eventually the team with the most points won. Game mode seemed alright, but I think most of us were busy trying out all the new stuff in the game.
- Did not see any reference to burn cards whatsoever so they are either gone or are being reworked or maybe just haven't been shown yet. Who knows! :v:
- There is no passive timer to get your Titan any more; it's now just a gauge that fills up by killing grunts and players and gives you your titan when it's full. It persists when you die so it doesn't seem like that big of a change since if you have eyes in your head at all you'll still get your titan pretty fast.
- The different Titans all had set abilities and weapons, i.e. the big titan ("Scorch" they called it) was locked into a specific set of weapons and abilities. Dunno if this is how it's going to be in the full game or if it was just a demo thing but it sounded like they were trying to give each titan a distinct feel so it might be a conscious choice.

Titans
- The first new Titan I got to play around with the the big fire one, aka "Scorch". It was a big hulking thing kinda like the Ogre from the first one. Here's the abilities and weapons:
--- Didn't seem like it could dash. Could still run though.
--- Main weapon was a one-shot grenade launcher/mortar thing. Had a fiery AoE and decent range.
--- The tactical ability was a vortex shield that was red and instead of holding the bullets in place it melted them. It would also damage titans/pilots/grunts/whatever it touched.
--- The ordinance was a ground slam that made a straight line of fire on the ground that damaged anything in it's path.
--- They added a new thing you could do which, for both titans, was something you would throw out. For this one it was a gas canister that would release gas in an area that you could explode with your gun/fire line shot.
--- Core ability (ultimate, basically) was the "Fire Core" which makes the titan slam the ground with both arms and sends out a cone of fire in front of it.

The other titan was called "Ion". This one seemed similar to the thin zippy titan from the first one (Strider). They also said this titan has some kind of energy mechanic that all its weapons rely on but I didn't really notice it. Maybe I just wasn't shooting enough??
--- Could actually dash, but seemed to only be able to dash once? There was a bar that drained pretty quick when i dashed i dunno :shrug:
--- Main weapon was a rapid-fire pulse gun. Shot orbs that did meh damage, had to focus titans to do any real damage.
--- Tactical ability was the vortex shield from the first game; hold up shield, catch bullets, throw them back.
--- Ordinance was a shoulder-mounted laser that was very precise and that you could charge up to do more damage.
--- Deployable thing was a set of laser trip-wire mines that fanned out and linked up to each other. Anything that crossed the laser (that wasn't an ally) made the mines explode.
--- Core ability was "Laser Core" or something. You charge up a big fuckin laser and shoot if from your chest. Lasts a decent amount of time too.

Pilot Loadout
- They had three set loadouts available to play there. First one was the weird robot-looking guy someone mentioned a few posts down. Main weapon was the carbine from the first gun. Doesn't seemed to have changed much
- The anti-titan weapon was the mag launcher from the first game. Now it's a two-shot burst? whatever
- The explosive was the frag grenade. It blows up
- The pilot ability was the grappling hook. This was fun to use! It will definitely take some getting used to in order to do cool stuff with it, but it's still fun zipping around and Rico Rodriguez-ing pilots and grunts.

- The other loadout I tried was the sniper class. Main weapon was a new weapon called the "double sniper" (or something). It's like a sniper rifle, but if fires two shots at once, and the shots can ricochet. Seemed cool
- Didn't actually get to try the anti-titan weapon because that game was so short :smith:
- Explosive was the black hole bomb you see in the trailer. Does what it sounds like it does: sucks people in for you to shoot at.
- Pilot ability was this decoy thing. You used it and it sends out a decoy of you that goes out in a straight line. The multiplayer trailer seemed to imply it made you invisible or something but I didn't notice that happening. :shrug:

- Didn't get a chance to play the other loadout but it had a new weapon that was an energy SMG. the pilot ability was this sonar ninja star you could throw and it would give you wall hacks in a radius around it.

Minor stuff
- New map was called "Burn Town" or something dumb like that. It seemed pretty big with some underground tunnels but i didn't really get a chance to explore it. Seemed cool though!
- There was a loading screen tip that mentioned energy canisters and being able to pick them up and give them to friendly titans. Nothing like that showed up when I played but maybe it's something for another game mode?
- Game looks a lot better than the first one. Maybe they switched to source 2, lol
- Game felt pretty polished. I'm sure it'll change a bit before release but it felt like they could release it today and it would play fine.
- While waiting in line I saw some pre-game trailer talking about a most of the stuff in the trailers. I also saw a brief shot of what looked like a camo customization screen for your titan so it looks like you can finally do that in this game!

tl;dr: :words: Titanfall 2 looks quite good and was fun to play! Hopefully it doesn't get too buried in the battlefield 1 hype, especially since what I saw of battlefield 1 there made it seem like another bog standard battlefield game :effort:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

How quickly did the Titans die? In the trailer their life bars were going down in a flash but I figure that's just to be dramatic.

It didn't seem that quick, but maybe a little quicker than in TF1? It's been a while since I played the first one. I held on to mine for quite a while in the first game and the whole match in the second game. If there's concentrated fire they'll go down quicker but I don't think that'll be the case most of the time.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

I went to the EA Play e3 public event in LA yesterday and was able to play several rounds of Titanfall 2. The game is super fun and they made a lot of smart changes to the core mechanics that seemed to improve from what they had on the first game. The grappling hook is super fun to use and compliments the first games stellar parkour mechanics nicely. You can use it to hook onto titans and rodeo a lot easier or if you're falling use it to give yourself momentum to swing yourself under bridges, or you can even hook onto enemies and pull them in for a melee. The biggest thing I noticed right away was how different the radar was from TF1, enemy fire doesn't show up as radar blips and now you only get ticks in the general direction of enemy fire, a good improvement in my opinion since the silencer was OP previously.

The Titan combat is still a lot of fun, my titan had this super charged laser that fires from your titan's chest that eviscerates anything in it's path, I was able to take out two titans with a single laser blast. Also Titan executions go into third person, they look really good, Ion (the Titan I think I was using) would do some melee attack and jam it's gigantic gun into the enemy cockpit and dump, a big gently caress yeah moment. There were only 2 Titan classes available to play but there's going to be a total of 6.

I was only able to pick from 3 different precreated classes but judging by the open slots it looks like there's a lot more variance and options to the weapons and equipment from the first one, anti-titan weapons for example have attachment slots (for the demo build it was just extended mags). From the different videos they were showing outside in the lounge area it looks like they are going to have a lot of different Titan and pilot skins, and if I were to guess probably different animations for Titan executions to go along with the included third person perspective. Just from what I played it seemed to have a lot more depth to it and they weren't showing all the weapons and titans, it's like an answer to everyone's complaints from the first one.

Blisk's player model was the guy opening the door on the IMC side, so can confirm, we'll most likely see who's BETTAH.

Also Charge Rifle was on one of the loadouts and that seemed to have available locked attachements. The class I used had the mag launcher.

Hah, didn't even notice the changes to the minimap, that's interesting! Did rodeoing seem weird to you? I found that I would rodeo a Titan, pull the thing off, and then immediately jump off automatically. Maybe I was just doing it wrong?

ninjahedgehog posted:

Bought Titanfall 1 for when it was on sale for ten bucks, got 90 hours of fun out of it. Definitely getting in on this day 1. Hopefully you can give your Titans sick custom paint jobs.

Also the lightning sword Titan in the trailer owns, I guess it wasn't in the MP demo that goons tried?

No sword Titan available to play unfortunately, but like Wazzit said the video they were playing while waiting in line showed Titan customization.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

Ah man poo poo I didn't even see your post :doh:

Yeah rodeoing felt weird because my guy would pull out what I assumed to be some type of shield battery and jump off and I wasn't sure how much damage I was really doing to it. If I was able to jump back onto the titan I would open the hatch and drop a grenade to deal some damage the hull. I honestly thought I was doing some wrong too.

Was the line pretty short? I was able to jump back in line and play 3 more times with almost no wait yesterday

Hah no worries, more info is alway good! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who found rodeoing weird. Maybe they changed the mechanics of it?

Yeah the line was pretty short when I got there around 7. I was able to play twice but I kind of regret not going to play more.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
By the way here is the discord room some of the old crew from Titanfall 1 use:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3715171

if any one is interested.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Peewi posted:

The website mentions your appearance depending on your ability and shows a spectre for the grapple. The trailer shows a woman using grapple, so maybe it's a free choice this time?

I'm assuming/hoping they'll let you look however you like with whatever skills you want :shobon:

SUNKOS posted:

Here's a video showing the abilities of the sword-wielding Ronin titan. I'm guessing it's going to be the glass cannon Stryder equivalent for the new game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C70XdAlvu8A

it's beautiful :japan:

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 15, 2016

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The single player talk has reignited my interest in this game, I'm looking forward to it more than CoD and way more than BF1 at this point. People who don't like sci-fi shooters can get down and kiss my cock.

:yeah:

edit: lol at the title change

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 15, 2016

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

runchild posted:

What I've heard is that now when you rodeo an enemy Titan you automatically rip out a battery or something, toss a grenade in, and hop off. No more hatch-popping. The "battery" can then be given to a friendly Titan to restore health and maybe some core charge. Which is especially useful since Titans don't have a recharging shield anymore.

Huh, so that's what that loading screen tip I saw was about. Interesting change, wonder how you're supposed to give the battery to a friendly titan since when I did it I didn't notice any prompts pop up or anything. I didn't have much of a chance to look closely though.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

SUNKOS posted:

I like to punch robots off any maps that have ledges to punch them off of. Same goes for punching the evac dropship until it explodes.

True pros call their Titan down on the dropship :smuggo:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

ninjahedgehog posted:

Also, for the love of god, a smaller install size please. Didn't the first one have something like 30 gigs of uncompressed sound files, most of which was dialogue in five or six different languages? At least give us the option of saying "No, I'm only ever going to play this in English (or whatever) stop filling up my HD with useless crap."

Hah, yeah. I think they eventually patched TF1 to not have so much audio or something so hopefully they learned their lesson.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Lemming posted:

Oh boy, Titanfall

it's good

Psion posted:

and then this, literally our finest moment. Even better than that 400-0 win

:agreed: although the 400-0 win was a thing of beauty

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

MrBond posted:

I'm wondering if the bone crew will stick with bone or go to PC or PS4. Gonna be way harder to figure out which platform everyone is using :(

Do people still play TF1? I played one game on xbone the other day and was /awful/ all over again. :(

I played TF1 a few days ago for fun, and still managed to do ok despite the remaining 100 people that play being Very Good. People are still salty about the smart pistol two years later, lol

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/pilots/
Here are the 3 announced abilities, from what I played the grappling hook was too much fun not to use and I didn't bother with the other abilities.

Yeah, I kind of regret picking the holo decoy class in my second game, grappling hook is way better :(

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

Did you turn invisible when you used it?

It was hard to tell! I don't think I did but I just might not have noticed it :shrug:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Knifegrab posted:

Just realized Big O isn't in the thread poll worst thread ever.

:doh: I knew I forgot one

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Lumpy the Cook posted:

So what are the factions this time? I vaguely remember hearing that it wasn't IMC vs Militia, and the factions look like red and brown guys vs green and gray guys who kinda look like a mix between the first game's factions.

I vaguely remember seeing an option after I finished a match that let me choose which side I wanted to be on. I'm pretty sure one of them is IMC, the other one I didn't really catch but it's probably militia. I think someone mentioned earlier that Blisk (IMC 'im bettah' guy) was the one in the dropship as you jumped out at the beginning of the match so IMC is almost definitely a faction.

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 17, 2016

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Lumpy the Cook posted:

One of the best things in Titanfall was the campaign mission where you drop in from orbit. Really glad to see that making a comeback.

Forgot about that intro, that was cool. Too bad the only other special intro like that was for that one DLC map that was supposed to be a virtual training ground.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/745008413688553472

Unofficial confirmation that burn cards probably aren't coming back.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
For any San Diego goons:

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/756179457958961153

Looks like they're having another event like they did at LA Live during E3 at some Children's Museum in San Diego during Comic-con. Register for the event here:

http://registration.thenerdmachine.com/

It's going on from today til Sunday so you've got a few days.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Titanfall 2 multiplayer stream scheduled for August 16th:

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/763147886121091073

Why they are waiting so long to show off the cool multiplayer is beyond me :shrug:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

No game, not even Titanfall, is worth $250

that's it, you're off the team :mad:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

at least I know how the Top Gun theme goes, ANTOINE :colbert:

so do i :colbert: learn the lore

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Apparently Respawn showed single player footage to a bunch of people but I couldn't find a link to the raw footage so here's a video from some guy that they retweeted:

http://youtu.be/arCQzdW7wiI

Single player looks pretty cool, choosing different things to say to your robot friend probably won't make a difference in the story but it's a neat touch IMO.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Insert name here posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUJ6tKbXzOI
Here's the same footage as the other video except without some nerd jabbering on over it

This is way better, thanks. Salvo core looks cool. Hope we get to use the titan that fire dragonball z fireballs and has jumpjets.

redweird posted:

Titanfall was a hella fun game but I really felt like it was let down by humanity not understanding how fun it was and also their desire to unlock a million sidegrades on the way to getting one of the 3 guns that are actually worth using

Same :smith:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/tech-test-note/

No "Multiplayer Tech Test" on PC. Only on Xbox and PS4.

:sigh: Well hopefully there's a second test later or something

A man can dream...:smith:

Knifegrab posted:

Yeah but it to me makes me worried it'll be a rushed PC port and will play like poo poo on launch.

Launch is only two months away and they haven't tested the game on PC pretty much at all by their own admission.

That's a valid concern but it'll probably be fine. Titanfall 1 didn't get a tech test until a month before launch and it was fine on PC.

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 15, 2016

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Please Believe in Respawn.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Wishin I had a PS4 right now :smith: Dealing with the controls would be worth it

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Eh, they might have a marketing-oriented open beta closer to release.

Here's hoping :pray:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
I'm watching the recording of that stream and aside from the :airquote:Influencers:airquote: being terrible at the game here are some things I noticed:
  • Some more of the TF1 weapons are making a come-back, i.e. the Kraber and the LMG
  • I saw something about activating amped weapons, I think those are replacing the burn cards maybe? Not sure how you build up that meter or whatever it is
  • Doomed Titan healthbar doesn't go down automatically any more.
  • You can pick up shield batteries but I think you can only put them in your own titan? If you want to give them to a teammate you have to call them and they get out of their titan to pick it up I think

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

jBrereton posted:

titan fail more like lol

please do NOT troll the Titanfall 2 thread

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe I have been owned, in my own thread

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Volcanic Vents posted:

I did like how they kept saying "oh, that's...not how you use the grapple at all."

Also when they called that guy out for his chump grenade throws.

Even the casters were all "man I would really like to see some wall running!" lol

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

SUNKOS posted:

To be fair the maps really don't seem designed to facilitate wall running, which is bizarre given how integral the mechanic is to the game itself. The original Titanfall had levels that were incredibly easy to wall run through but everything we've seen of the sequel so far has way too many wide open spaces and fields, so there's nothing to actually wall run on in the first place, let alone chain together to build up some decent speed.

I think the only exception is the one city-ish map that's like a miniature Angel City in some kind of broken holo room, but even then there aren't that many buildings and they're spaced so far apart that chaining wall runs isn't as easy or intuitive as it was in the first game. I'm wondering if it's a deliberate design choice to lower the skill ceiling for the game, so new players don't have to deal with vets zooming around chaining wall runs everywhere? It's disappointing because the first game was close to perfect.

:confused: During the stream I saw several pieces of scenery that existed solely for wall-running, lol. Also you can wall run on just about everything, so there's really no reason to not always be wall running.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
I hope they add the grunts to all the modes (except the boring rear end pilot only mode I guess :geno:) because yeah without the timers it takes way longer to get a Titan.

SUNKOS posted:

Any ideas why they took nuclear ejections out?

It's probably still in, the tech test doesn't have all the Titans and perks etc. I could have sworn I saw nuclear eject when I played the earlier build at E3

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

NESguerilla posted:

Is there a key to making Titans really shine? I think the novelty is great but aside from a baller rear end health bar they feel like a crutch more than anything. My score comes to a screeching halt every time I get into one. It seems much easier to get kills and complete objectives on foot.

It depends on the Titan but if you've never played before it takes some getting used to. I think the key is making sure to use everything at your disposal. A lot of people on streams forget they have an ordinance to fire or mines to lay down. Keep an eye out for pilots because if they are out in the open its pretty easy to kill them and if they try to get close a well aimed punch gibs them.

I suggest using the Scorch Titan since you could probably just spam his grenade launcher and fire stream and do pretty alright.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

My only wish is that everyone had access to the grapple, there's no reason not to use it.

Yeah the grapple is really good but if the stim is as good as it was in the first game you could make a case for that as well.

Wazzit posted:

Ion's shoulder laser is pretty ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ3hTP2z53s

Man when I played I thought Scorch was the way to go but you are making a strong case for Ion

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

NESguerilla posted:

Were the shield cells not in the first game? Definitely one of the coolest elements. I love stealing them and giving them to buddies and piggybacking around on Titans.

Shield cells are new to this game; in TF1 Titans just had rechargeable shields. I like this change a lot because it encourages teamwork instead of ditching your teammates to let your Titans shield recharge.

Edit:

NESguerilla posted:

I really hope this game doesn't have those but it's EA so it's almost a sure thing.

They said all the maps will be free but they'll probably sell cosmetics. Hopefully they sell them directly instead of doing the dumb loot crate thing.