Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

SUNKOS posted:

It encourages camping, which we're seeing in this tech test with everybody hiding behind roofs/hills with snipers because health is so low that it discourages all the parkour moves that made the original game so good.

Lol people tried the camping sniper thing in TF1 and got mercilessly owned by smart gamers (such as myself) who would just parkour above/around them and kill them.

If the camping stuff is working now it's because people aren't remembering they can wallrun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

Any idea if that electric smoke is some type of streak reward? I randomly have it at times.

I believe you get it when you're halfway to getting your Titan core ability (much like you get amped weapons when you're halfway to a Titan as a pilot)

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Crap I just got home from Seattle for the weekend and hoped I could still jump on before midnight. :(

They're doing another tech test this upcoming weekend.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

SUNKOS posted:

I'm sure it will be a completely different game when it launches in two months.

I disagree, developers usually put all existing maps, abilities and game modes into their prerelease tech tests to make them indicative of the full game :downs:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
The TTK seemed fine to me. Hate to break it to you guys but if it seems low to you then You're Just Bad I'm afraid

Also lol at saying the new map no one has seen is gonna be just like the bad map. We'll have to wait and see how much the tweaks changed things for the better (or worse I guess if they really gently caress it up)

Edit:

Wazzit posted:

Archive of my livestream from the last hours of the Tech Test on Sunday, mostly Bounty Hunt and talking about RPing as former Bankers. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ8MXa_sDOs

I watched the archive of this on twitch and I gotta say you are nuts with that shoulder laser :golfclap:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

SUNKOS posted:

Good assessment. These were much less common in the original game since they were relegated to burn cards, which would explain why people feel the TTK is lower despite Respawn's insistence that damage values and health have remained the same. On the topic of weapons, I still can't fathom why they've changed things in Titanfall 2 to make players choose between either a sidearm or anti-titan weapon, rather than letting them carry both like in the first game. Limiting options like that seems to go against their intentions of more customization, so it would be nice to see them revert to letting players carry both.

I think that it would probably be a good idea to add some zip lines to the Homestead map as well, seems like a quick and easy adjustment to give pilots some extra mobility options across the map since they worked well enough in the first game.

Zip lines would be cool, they were fun in the first game. And yeah, amped weapons are pretty boring IMO.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Lemming posted:

Unless they're amped smart pistols which trigger something in peoples' minds that causes them to lose their poo poo

Amped Smart Pistols are the only amped weapons I want :grin:

Knifegrab posted:

I'd much prefer they went with something way more exciting for the burn card replacement, but we'll see I guess.

Well they had those little spider things as a power up, hopefully they have more cool power ups like that.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

s.i.r.e. posted:

You're a terrible person.

Well, you're not wrong

Lemming posted:

It's ok, you got the best one so you don't need those other, worse ones

But he said he got the Atlus, not the Strider :confused:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Sadly no, Bounty Hunter is the mode to replace it. But if the tech test are any indication to go off of, it won't anywhere near as fun as Attrition was.

Source? As far as I know this hasn't been confirmed.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

They have been pretty quiet about all the complaints about no Attrition since the rumors started. There was a quote from a Polygon article about Bounty Hunt being the new Attrition

Yesterday I asked the lead engineer at Respawn on twitter about it and he surprisingly kinda confirmed that it's not in the game.

https://twitter.com/jonshiring/status/768978057931526144

Well that sucks :( I'm still holding out hope though :pray:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Kill all youtubers

I hope they at least have regular hardpoint along with amped hardpoint :geno:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

SUNKOS posted:

In an ideal world Titanfall 2 would simply be:

-Attrition
-Capture the Flag
-Last Titan Standing
-Frontier Defense

Why would an ideal Titanfall 2 have fewer modes than 1? lol. I do agree they should bring all 4 of those modes back, though. Ideally they would have all the old modes and then the new modes they're making too.

Also bring back variety pack, that was fun when the first game came out

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

I thought the highest pop game mode in TF1 for a while now was just pilot v pilot.

Nah literally the only mode people play in Tf1 nowadays is attrition with a whopping ~300 players lol (at least on PC). The pilot only mode was dead within a few weeks IIRC

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

The network test last weekend was the first time I've played Titanfall and the only mode I would play is classic TDM but you can call in Titans, which as I understand was a mode in TF1.

Yeah that was the pilot hunter mode. The problem people had with it was the maps were so big they felt empty without bots. Also without bots it took a lot longer to get your Titan.

Edit: it's weird that the one mode they brought back is the one no one liked lol

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 26, 2016

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

It doesn't help that for a long while in TF1 that they had paid DLC so if you bought the maps then you would actually be hurting yourself in terms of trying to find a game.

I believe all the DLC for the first one is free now? So that kinda helps out that problem a bit. But still the only game mode you'll find people in is Attrition.

Yeah all the DLC for the first one is free, and they said all the maps for TF2 would be free.

Ok Fella posted:

Is there that much work involved with ai pathing? I don't know much about the logistics of it all but the ai grunts never seemed like they were doing anything that complex.

Yeah the grunts in the first game were not complex at all lol, it's kinda hard to believe they needed to offload computing for them. The AI in this game seem about the same, plus they added AI Titans which weren't in the first one, so they must not need much computing power now.

But I'm not working on the game so :shrug:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Peach Pusher posted:

Yeah, I like amped hardpoint but it would be 100% better with AI. Like maybe have AI able to amp the point but at a much slower pace.

The AI just needs to be window dressing and Titan meter fodder and that would be perfect IMO

I too miss hacking stuff with my knife :(

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

SUNKOS posted:

Burn cards were a missed opportunity in my opinion but they had some really fun ones in there such as the card that disguised you as a spectre, or the card that auto-hacked surrounding spectres so you could have a little squad following you around. Shame they didn't go with more weird modifiers like that for the burn cards, rather than mostly handing out amped weapons and unlimited frags/arcs/mines etc.

The spectre disguise one was great. It was also fun to use a Titan burn card at the start of a match, kill yourself, then use a map hack burn card. It was extremely effective and made people pretty mad haha

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

SUNKOS posted:

Being permanently stimmed was really great as well. I did enjoy the unpredictability of people calling down titans at the start of the match if they had a card for one as well, like you said. It wasn't very common but it mixed things up a little when it happened, and things were balanced so well anyways that even if somebody had one at the start of the match it didn't really upset the balance. I'm sure that they could have found a way to make them work in the sequel, rather than just giving everyone amped weapon upgrades by default. Besides, it was satisfying when the player kill sound was accompanied by some text informing you that a rare burn card or whatever it was had been cancelled.

They didn't add that burn card kill info until later but yeah I get what you mean. I still think they could get creative with their boosts and I hope they do, but they probably shouldn't start people off with amped weapons.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
"Try ejecting from your Titan now, punk"

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Suran37 posted:

Anyone playing on PS4? Add Suran37 if you want to group up.

Edit: Is there a mumble/vent/etc for people playing this game?

It's in the OP but I'm not sure if there are people playing it now. I haven't had a chance to try it out this weekend.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

SUNKOS posted:

Big change from the first game where even sitting on the top of the tall tower on Nexus wouldn't get you marked as out of bounds. They really want to cut down the amount of verticality in this game, it's disappointing.

On the other hand, you'd get marked out of bounds if you went on the top of the buildings in Rise, which was very easy to do. I think their decisions on where to make out of bounds have always been weird :shrug:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

Imo they shouldnt let you out of bounds at all

Eh, invisible walls are kinda lame. They give you enough time to get back in bounds so I don't think it's a big deal

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

Not if you grapple swing

Hah, well, fair enough

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

bear is driving! posted:

I put in a bunch of hours in both the tech test weekends and I think I'm gonna pass on TF2.

Titanfall one was amazing. I think they just needed to flesh out what they had with some more weapons and maybe camos for weapons and titans.

This tech test just felt really messy. Once you get the grenade launcher you own all the maps (it's a one hit kill from a stupid distance, and two at other distance).

I was going to go into a long explanation of why this feels like they did a bunch of dumb poo poo to TF to make TF2, but honestly, if this tech test is any indication of what the final game will be, it's gonna be a buggy, laggy mess with one or two OP guns and Titans that made out of paper.

Thanks for the input, guy who framed a "Keep Calm and Standby For Titanfall" poster and hung it up in his living room

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Ok Fella posted:

So people aren't allowed to critique tf2 because they like the first one? Good to know.

I don't really care if people post criticism of the game Titanfall 2 in this, the Titanfall 2 Discussion Thread. I was mostly just giving that guy poo poo because I found this

bear is driving! posted:

I'm right there with you. My text notification is "Command authenticated . . . standby for Titanfall"

That and I ordered this for the livingroom:

extremely funny.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPlK10Rcdk

The new Titans all look cool. Seems like they got two heavy, two medium, and two light Titans which makes sense. Also they have not one, but two Itano Circus Titans which is A-OK in my book

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Knifegrab posted:

Also as confirmed by a dev, the first DLC map is a remake of Angel City!

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The Ion's energy meter is on the left side of the screen btw.

Anyway here's Legion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAAyHn58KPw

Gun shield is as stupid/cool as it sounded in the description

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

NESguerilla posted:

Legion looks like my poo poo. Although ion really grew on me during the demo.

Smdh if you don't main the hanzo steel titan

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

I wanna like northstar because of the hover and the cluster missile but the railgun was hot garbo in the last game so I dunno how much better it'll be here

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

They should remove sniper rifles from all fps games

:yeah:

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
Here's another trailer for the bushido titan:

https://twitter.com/titanfallgame/status/772102195261104128

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

el B posted:

I thought the same thing. Sword block looks really great, too. I wonder how hard the shotgun hits against titans.

I also wonder if he gets a dash/boost by default. Ion with extra dash felt like an absolute necessity to me in beta. Scorch not having one by default was the main reason I didn't put much time into him.

If they're doing the whole light/medium/heavy thing again it'll probably have 2/3 dashes

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

el B posted:

Would Ronan be considered a light titan?

Yeah it's got a body like the Strider in the first game, which was light and had 3 dashes.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Knifegrab posted:

Was the sniper in the tech test hitscan?

It was the kraber so no

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Battlefield has a lot more depth than TF2.

If by depth you mean snipers you are 100% correct!

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Usenet Magic-User posted:

If you can't be the best sniper and kill all snipers without sniping in an fps game, you really shouldn't bother playing fps games. Thank god weird opinions on sniping are contained to this casual not good shooter.

Thanks for the input, Chris Kyle

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

New blog post and video about custom skins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL-RFfvswEw

Oh wow, where'd you see that? They've said they were going to find a way to balance it, I guess this is their solution. I don't really get the hate for it, it was never really OP except for farming grunts. If I was killed by it most of the time it was usually someone that could have easily killed me with a CAR or a shotgun.

:rip: smart pistol, too beautiful for this world

The customization stuff seems really cool, looks like there's a lot of options. Here's hoping for a giant anime lady to put on my samurai titan

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
i for one cannot wait to harvest pounds of butt salt from people i kill with the new, shittier smart pistol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Ok Fella posted:

Yes sorry, a stimmed up pilot with a smart pistol is the same thing as just pressing the shoot button at random. Alright.

i sure hope i don't get banned for exploiting the game when i play titanfall 2 and use the weapons and abilities in the game