Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Is there really no attrition in the game yet? That was the most fun and populated game mode from what I saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

bango skank posted:

Wait, forreal? Attrition was literally the only mode I played in the first game and the most popular mode by far from what I could tell. Bounty Hunter on the other hand was annoying enough to have me playing Amped Hardpoint exclusively last weekend.

Same here. All I played was attrition, poo poo was awesome and I'll be sad if there isn't a version of it in the new one.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I want it now!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Slower gameplay, no attrition, getting titans less often, a single player mode almost no one gives a poo poo about. Did they replace the whole dev team or something?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Knifegrab posted:

I ... I like amped hard point :negative:

Bounty hunt does lead to some super tense moments, like needing to bank a bunch of money in a close match, but it still isn't close to attrition.

It's says a lot about a fps when a tense moment is running to a bank to make a deposit.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah a big reason tf1 gets so much love is because of how insane and fast paced the gameplay was. Camping and spawn killing pretty much doesn't exist.

I know I'm being pretty critical of the new one so far but I loved the first game and it doesn't seem like a lot of the features that made it so great are going to be in the sequel.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Is there that much work involved with ai pathing? I don't know much about the logistics of it all but the ai grunts never seemed like they were doing anything that complex.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
So people aren't allowed to critique tf2 because they like the first one? Good to know.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Out of all of the dumb goony poo poo to bust someone's balls about that doesn't even crack the top 50 dude.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Pretend I posted a link to gbs for the past year or so.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The smart pistol can get hosed.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

TastesBlue posted:

Some of my favorite angry voice messages on Xbox live came from stim + smart pistol + wall running or bunny hopping like a retard.

RIP Smart pistol.

At that point you're pretty much abusing game mechanics so if I were one of those 13 year olds you killed I probably would have sent you an angry message too.

But I'm an adult now so I just hope you get herpes.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yes sorry, a stimmed up pilot with a smart pistol is the same thing as just pressing the shoot button at random. Alright.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Antoine Silvere posted:

i sure hope i don't get banned for exploiting the game when i play titanfall 2 and use the weapons and abilities in the game

No but I hope you get tons of poo poo for using cheesey rear end load outs.

Lemming posted:

gently caress you, I'm taking this to the president. Justice will be served.

:rolleyes:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Lemming posted:

Looks like somebody doesn't understand the concept of e-honor

*gets brutally murdered*

Heh... scrub... I'm the better man...

Is this the dark souls thread?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Knifegrab posted:

As long as I can make people like you mad because I used a gun in a game I will keep using it.

It also brings out the "lol u mad bro?" section of the playerbase like this guy. Cause that never gets old.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
How dare us crybabies want the most fun and popular game mode to be in the sequel! How dare us.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The big robots are in a big transport ship that takes longer to get there then the small ship with the small humans on it you goddamn idiot.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Wazzit posted:

Hit 206 in Attrition the other night. Never left my Titan once I called it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ieOLZKRI2A

I hope I play against team " stand still and shoot" one day.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Y'all know drat well Ion puts out too much damage and needed a nerf.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I hate one hit melee kills in any shooter, this one is no exception, it should do maybe 60% of your health. Like I understand there's not much realism in titanfall but I can take multiple bullets and live but a boot to the torso is an instant kill. Ok.

:rolleyes:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'm just saying the same poo poo over and over but gently caress the fuckin melee button in this game. It's so wonky and inconsistent.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Ronin is reeeaalllyyy squishy. He has the best voice acting and lines though.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Rockets man. Be a rocket man.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It's legit tough to be competitive if you don't play often. I play Overwatch too where I do pretty well most of the time but then I go back to tf2 and get my rear end stomped.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The melee weirdness in this game is the only thing I don't like about it. It's a total bullshit crapshoot and I can't understand how someone could call it fun.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Ularg I love you. Let's make some man babies.

:allears:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'm on pc and I've never waited more than 2 minutes for an attrition game for what it's worth. :confuoot:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Skyscraper posted:

Same here, and I always have just attrition selected. I got to imagine checking anything else in addition would reduce that.

Yeah having multiple modes selected seems to take longer for whatever reason. I just play attrition.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
There's a few pistols I really like using but I can't neuter myself against titans like that. Super stoked for this change.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Booze crew for lyfe son!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I really didn't like monarch at first but I've been warming up to her lately. You gotta play it real sneaky until you upgrade your cores, buildings are you friend. And try to stick around titan teammates whenever possible.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, monarch has to rely on e.smoke to obscure the Archer lock-on.

:what:

I did not know this was a thing.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Latency makes it hard, especially with ejection timing and nerfed punching range.

Snagging and avoiding executions is Ronin's specialty.

When the game first came out the titan punching range was so good that Ronin's sword melee had very little intrinsic advantage over standard punches, but I'd say the game is balanced a bit better to highlight the differences now.

I have trouble doing executes with every titan. I don't know if I'm not getting close enough or what, I pull off maybe one out of ten executes.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

What surprises me is that it seemed like a shoo-in for streaming and competitions from the start. Super efficient, interesting to watch, lots of potential for awesome team play. I don't know why it didn't catch on.

I was surprised by this as well. It's super fast and actually entertaining to watch other people play.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I applied to the pc clan over a week ago and haven't heard anything back. Who's in charge of this shitshow?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
No the gently caress it isn't.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
That looks dope as hell!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Just got around to the single player campaign and drat that was good. Probably the best one I've played in a good 5 years or so.

Quick question though, at the end of the credits the pilot helmet blinking like there's a phone call or something, is that supposed to be bt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Oh hell yeah