Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Which platform is going to have the biggest goon presence? Also, will I need Origin to play this game on PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Knifegrab posted:

PC and yes.

Hooray, also boo. Not sure if Origin will be a dealbreaker for me or not, the game looks really cool.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I only played maybe an hour of Titanfall 1 on a friend's xbox, so I don't know what amped weapons are exactly. Are they just souped-up versions of regular guns that you get for doing well?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

If I didn't like playing Titanfall 1 on the Xbox One, but I liked playing BLOPS 3 on the PC, is there a decent chance I could like playing Titanfall 2 on the PC? Like, I didn't have fun with the first Titanfall but that may have just been a bad first impression only playing on someone else's xbox for a bit. I've sunk a good amount of time into blops 3 and it's a lot of fun, Titanfall 2 seems like it might be similar but with some more fun bits (bigger maps, mechs) and maybe less annoying bits (I still roll my eyes at flamethrower guy's power).

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

What are "Ion Prime" and "Scorch Prime" that are listed as benefits for buying the Deluxe Edition of this game? The only info I can find is that they're released in December, and presumably are some kind of Titan?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh okay, so just more cosmetic stuff. October's had too many cool games so I figure if I'm gonna get this I'd do my wallet a favor and not get the deluxe edition if it was mostly/all cosmetic stuff.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

What determines the spawning of Spectres and Reapers in multiplayer? Should I use anti-titan weaponry against Reapers?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

MechaSeinfeld posted:

This game looks like it plays amazingly, why is it so dead so quickly?

It's only got population problems on the PC it seems, if you want to play anything that isn't team deathmatch.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I requested a refund for Titanfall 2 but not because it's a bad game, I just don't think it's for me. It is well-made, and if my refund doesn't get accepted for whatever reason I won't feel bad for having spent money on it. But I think there's some other stuff I'd rather spend that 60bux on.

If EA doesn't give me my cash back I'll play with yall on PC in the name of getting my money's worth, though. :unsmith:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

There's absolutely no way the PC port of IW will be better than Blops 3, which was not stellar but had some neat things (the multiplayer starter kit, recently-released mod support)

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

widespread posted:

Part of me likes to think of Titanfall 2 as "Future CoD but actually great and fun".

That's kind of what I was hoping for, but sliding on the ground doesn't have that fun meaty feel that it did in blops 3. In general the movement feels floatier in Titanfall 2, but you can really haul rear end when you chain a few wallruns and that feels great.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

How do I play with goons on PC?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

Give it a shot. If you buy on steam you can play for two hours before requesting a refund, which should let you try the game out.

To followup on this, Origin has a "Great Game Guarantee" refund policy that states you can get a refund under various conditions, but I tried to take advantage of this to get my money back for this specific game and they ignored my request until I had owned the game for too long for it to be eligible.

So if you're gonna buy this game, please be reasonably sure that you will like it! Study some multiplayer videos, because even with a campaign, multiplayer is still the meat & potatoes of the game and if you don't like that, it's probably not a wise purchase.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Played a lot today, Scorch is my favorite Titan but I just unlocked Tone and that one seems too powerful to not use on the reg.

The movement system is nice but I hate how getting trapped in a ledge-climb animation just kills your momentum and also just kills you if it happens in a fight.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Map Hack is one of those dumb ideas that keeps coming back in games and is never really any fun to play against.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Knifegrab posted:

I want to say Ion's vortex shield is bad. Its ok at getting the enemy to stop fighitng you for a bit, but anyone with any ounce of brain power isn't going to give you bullets/missiles you can throw back at them so whats even the point?

It's pretty handy against those rocket barrage type of attacks that they -can't- stop feeding you ammo with, but other than those situations I do agree. But for times when you're suddenly outnumbered it's nice to have Ion Shield to just say "hey, hey, let's just cool it for a bit while I back up behind some cover"

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Ronin seems really effective if you go full-on robo-bushdio and charge in and hack & slash until you're doomed then nuclear eject.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Magnus Condomus posted:

I ran into someone who had no idea what to do against cooked grenades in Colosseum. I think it may have been their first time playing it, which is not a good sign for Colosseum matchmaking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6wdcYee8k0

This inspired me to try Coliseum for the first time myself, which led to the opposite result.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Had a fun night of wallrunning and airshotting people with the EPG. Perhaps not optimal, but I find a pistol sidearm and stimboost lets me handle situations where the EPG might not excel. I used stim once to dash behind a dude harrassing an allied titan and just straight-up execute him.

Also noticed that the Titans have difficulty ratings, Tone and Legion have three stars difficulty! :haw:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

A loading screen tip told me to throw the fire star at a Titan's weakpoint to deal good damage and also blind them, and that turned out to be a really great strategy.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Does the PC version have the dewritos stuff? I'll take some of that if you're still givin' it away.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Elysiume posted:

Yes it does! You can have my extra code. Go to https://www.dewanddoritos.com/

Neato, I got a pilot execution. Thank you!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

If you didn't get three codes from me or still need to unlock that execute let me know. I'll send you two more if I already sent you three and you still need to unlock what you want.

:homebrew:

I got one code from the other goon and got the execution just from that one, but I'd appreciate a couple more XP boosts! It feels like everyone else is way ahead of me and I want to try fun stuff.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I dislike playing Bounty Hunt sometimes because I start to feel less like an asset and more like a liability when I have a hot streak.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I occasionally see "Challenge completed" things pop-up, is there somewhere akin to the Barracks menu in COD where I can check those challenges out?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Well for example I got one like "finish first 10 times", which seems like more of a sort of career-level challenge rather than a match-based one. I didn't know about that three-challenge on the escape menu thing though, so that's still handy info!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

So wait, is story mode Ash different from multiplayer Ash?

Also having finished the campaign I think it could've used some more all-out Titan warfare, but all the shenanigans were fun.

Geight fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 12, 2016

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I don't think it should require an upgrade for your titan to not lose half of its health during the pilot entering animations. It's really frustrating when I get killed by an enemy titan while watching my titanfall tick down, get spawned on the other side of the map, and then have to sprint over there just in time for the dome to go down and my titan to feed a battery.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Make Northstar as strong as BT is with the Northstar kit.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I really like using Northstar on Homestead because you can ping weakpoints from miles away, but yeah Flight Core is not great.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Which means if you win and then blast the transport you can rake in the merits.

e: Or not maybe?

Geight fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Nov 13, 2016

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I was trying out the Double-Take, and on that tall tower thing in Crash Site I was trying to pick off a dude way off in that canyon and he just whipped around and gunned me down with hipfire from the Volt. It's cool that all the guns are good but dang, some of them are good.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It's uniquely frustrating to get splattered when you're trying to carry a fat stack of cash to the bank in Bounty Hunt, which is why I don't play it very much. I don't think that makes it a bad mode since I think it's an interesting concept, but Attrition gives me the same fun Titanfall 2 experience without having some deaths hurt way more than others.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

They should definitely copy weapon camo and have nameplates, but I kinda like the idea of them not showing up on pulse knives from a flavor perspective.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

If you're going to do that, have the Titan set to follow you and keep it equipped with the chip that makes the AI better.

Got back into this game tonight since nothing else sounded fun to play and oh boy there went my entire evening. Capped off the night with a trio of games featuring the same really high-strung guy, on my team in the first game, then against me in the next two. He taunted the losing team a lot in the first match, and when the second match began with me sliding into him and blasting him with the EVA-8 he totally lost his marbles and spent the rest of that match and the next one typing angrily about how that gun is for scrubs and so OP. I kept using it in the third match even though I honestly don't think it's the correct choice on Crash Site, because it was kinda fun to egg him on just by playing the game.

I've also taken a real shine to Northstar, her abilities are all extremely lackluster but that dang railgun just chunks out enemy titan's HP that I really don't need any of them to still be deadly. That said, I am appreciating the upgraded rockets, with the secondary blast boost they're much better at clearing out rooms that pilots are plinking at you from.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I like that other people use the Archer because it creates moment where a missile is flying at my doomed Titan and I splatter the guy that fired it before hammering my eject button and peacing out. It's a cool weapon that creates fun moments like that, whereas the electro-ball launcher just royally fucks up Titans and has barely any feedback.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I would try out Mixtape except I have no interest in playing Pilot vs Pilot

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I just don't see the appeal of PvP because it doesn't have giant robots. :shrug:

Conversely Last Titan Standing is not that fun despite being almost entirely giant robots because it is determined by which side brings more Tones.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

quite stretched out posted:

the dmr is hilarious at the start of a crash site attrition match, especially if youre downhill i've found. just sit there plinking away at the 3 or 4 people who try and run down the slope towards your spawn

It's me, I'm the guy stimming and leaping through the air firing the Softball before Mr Sensible here shoots me in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It'd be kinda cool if Northstar had Tone's sonar thing, because you could use it to pre-charge railgun shots and hit Titans just as they come out of cover. I mean, you can totally do that now just using other teammate's sonar abilities, but it seems like it would fit her kit more than Tether.