Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

ninjahedgehog posted:

I'm a big fan of the Oscar Pistorius feet too. Tangentially related: I hope playing as a Spectre is a permanent perk this time around rather than a burn card.

The website mentions your appearance depending on your ability and shows a spectre for the grapple. The trailer shows a woman using grapple, so maybe it's a free choice this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Gunder posted:

How does ejecting work this time around? Eject is supposedly bound to the X key on the keyboard, yet everytime I press it while doomed, nothing happens. I've tried mashing, pressing, and holding. Nothing works.

Mash E to eject while doomed. Press X and then mash E to eject any other time.

There's a prompt for it.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Do factions do anything besides decide your announcer and give you cosmetics when you level them?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

HyperPuma posted:

the titans have weak points?

Yes. If you see parts light up in red, those are the weak points.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Gunder posted:

:siren:There is now a network for Euro PC goons. It's called European Goonion (Clan Tag BRXT :britain:), and the happy hour is at 9pm GMT.:siren:

It's public for the moment, so just search for European Goonion and join.

I joined this, clicked "invite network" and someone joined.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

teh_Broseph posted:

Do weapons/etc. take more xp to level up with each level? Aka is cycling through lowest level weapons/titans faster to crank through pilot levels?
Know what gives xp for that stuff - I assume I have to kill things with that weapon/titan to level them? Can I farm grunts and stuff with the pistols I don't actually wanna use to level em?

Game is fun yo.

I had some luck with the pilot wall shield, right spot in some of the corridor-ey spots on maps with a longer range weapon and you can mow folks down quick, yeah ttk is low anyway but it means a couple bullets you have to land from a distance. Also neat for the one time I was getting shot from behind while wallrunning and turned around, threw it below me, hit the ground quick behind the shield and wrecked the dude chasing me. Just tinkered around with it a little, seems more situational but in the right spot guarantees you'll be the one getting the kill.

Killing pilots or titans gives you one pip of XP for weapons. Grunts do not give XP. Yes, higher levels do take more XP. Secondaries need less XP than primaries to level.

Titan XP isn't directly based on kills. Instead you get 1 XP every time you earn a Titan or core.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Snuffman posted:

Weird complaint, but I miss the game being IMC vs. Militia. Both factions had distinct visual looks for pilots and titans. Its a weird thematic choice to make pilots more "free-agents" working for a variety of factions this time around. I suppose it sort of makes sense since The Frontier is cut off from Earth, so it would follow that the 2 factions would splinter without support from home.

Also, I wish there was an IMC campaign this time around too, I just want more single player. It was so good.

I'm with you on that. Mostly because I really like when you can tell enemies and allies apart without having to rely on UI or colored outlines. Even if it's just team colors like in Team Fortress 2 (the original TF2).

I think it's something Counter-Strike does really well. Even in CSGO where the player models depend on the map, you can immediately tell terrorists and counter-terrorists apart

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Aquasnake posted:

Am I crazy or did they get rid of the ability to hack spectres in multiplayer? I feel like I tried several times last night and it just said hold F to execute and then someone would shoot me while I was standing there trying to press E.

You can't hack them in bounty hunt. Only in attrition.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Songbearer posted:

[ASK] me about being the only one who believed

Would you say that you're devoted to Devotion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Is the prowler a new gun? It's the only one I don't recognize from Titanfall.