Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
We'll see but EA's been really overstating their requirements for games recently. BF1 is marvelously optimized but the specs they listed caused communal doubletakes around the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
You'd...be at a significant disadvantage, especially for something as fast as Titanfall.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I haven't played it, but from what I understand you actually have three healthbars anyway, since you don't actually keep taking damage while in emergency mode. Plus you can still get a shield if you steal a battery.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I am shielded from criticism.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Qmass posted:

Also on the PC front: I have been playing the campaign for 5-6 hrs now and it runs flawlessly so far. On an i5 2500K and 1070 - everything maxed and 4X MSAA it looks pretty good and runs smooth. Alt-tabs without issue and hasn't crashed once. Will have to play multi to say if its relatively bug free but its looking good so far.

Sweet, I've got the same card and a better CPU so I should be good.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
What's that seashell looking icon mean?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
gently caress it, I think I'm in. Now that the game is out, is GMG getting keys to people properly? They still do vouchers on checkout?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Skippy McPants posted:

I don't really care about multiplayer, but I like big stompy robits. Is the SP good?
SP is supposed to be real good, but also real short, 5-7 hours.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Unlucky7 posted:

I got this on GMG. Then I realized I probably should have got the game on console because it may have a better chance of keeping a bigger community.

It's not gonna approach COD of BF numbers, but I doubt you'll have trouble finding games even on PC.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

In Training posted:

I've been having an absolute blast with this game
Game is good.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I don't know if I'll ever give up the grappling hook. Phase seems cool but on the other hand: grappling hook.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Man, between Do4m, Shadow Warrior 2 and this, it looks like shooters have finally rediscovered speed and mobility in TYOOL 2016. Too bad it took them over a decade...

Re. AI: Way more deadly, yeah, I've been killed by grunts and spectres an embarrassing number of times--that is, more than zero--and I've learned to fear the reaper pretty quickly.

Re. Titan health: Only played as Ion so far, and I think Titans might have more life, but of course damage is permanent. I've managed to survive longer than I have in TF1 through careful use of sightlines and cover, and of course if you find a battery you're definitely tougher than ever before.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Even games that are big on PC tend to settle into the "default" mode pretty quickly. By the end of its lifespan BF4 must have had about 10 different game modes but 90% of servers run conquest.

I can see TF2 have a decently long tail so long as their free content is good and timely.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Only change I don't dig is that you can only take either a pistol or an AT weapon.

fadam posted:

Nobody is saying the game is bad, but when its the first Saturday after the game came out and several game modes have sub 10 people looking for matches, things aren't looking good.

EDIT: http://www.idigitaltimes.com/titanfall-2-release-day-pc-players-just-2-current-battlefield-1-stats-ps4-multiplayer-565654 uh oh

What? I was seeing about 20000 in the main lobby when I logged in today. :confused:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Are the servers still down? Not getting a data centre now. :(

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
No, seriously, I can't connect to the servers despite them apparently being fixed. Was able to play perfectly fine before.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I wasn't feeling laser core until I stuck that last augment on Ion. I think it almost doubles how long it lasts and can literally melt whatever you're looking at.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm not finding a lot of use for the Spitfire LMG. It fires slowly, does less damage that the starting AR, kicks a little more than I'd like, and isn't very accurate. Sure it's got a big magazine and can lay down a field of fire, but this isn't exactly Battlefield. I'll stick with it until I get the Superscope though.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

zolthorg posted:

is there any anti titan weapons worth using other then the mgl

been getting a lot better with tips from this thread thanks all, ion is the best titan

The no-charge laser is practically a mgl with hitscan so go with that.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's a lot harder now though; the dropship dies ridiculously fast.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Kenshin posted:

If I'm just solo-queuing (is there any other way?) I should just choose 'Mixtape' for the quickest game, right?

Nope. Attrition or Bounty Hunt. You'll get a game in seconds.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm in my 30s (and still terrible!) but I don't think I'll be regening my pilot anytime soon. I'm still floating between loadouts, giving weapons until about level 11 before trying another. So far I've been digging the autoshotty and Flatline the most, though I actually think the SMR ain't too bad in some situations. Could use a tiny bit more splash, maybe.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I think I like Scorch more than Legion but despite being on a heavy chassis, you gotta play it more guerrilla. Stick and move and never go out into the open.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Jesus, just went on a tear in Eden. Flatline, fast reload, gunrunner, never stop never stopping. Gun's pretty bad at range though. I also got six Titan kills as a low level Ronin. It's all downhill from here, boys.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mr.Citrus posted:

Ok, feels like the patch didn't really alter tone / legion dominance sadly.

Firing your chaingun should halve your torso traversal. You're welcome, I just fixed Legion.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I've gotten killed several times by Reapers warping in. :smith:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Whoever talked up Holo wasn't kidding,; just gave it a go and it's hilarious.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I kind of dig the L-Star since you can spam bolts forever, though it's pretty much a weaker SMR with more ammo and I mostly use both of them exlusively at close range. Plus, pewpew lasers

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The EPG might not technically be the best weapon in the game, but there's nothing like firing it a falling enemy from halfway across the map and getting their name splash across your screen a couple seconds late. :allears:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ABG. Always Be Goosing.

Are you using the crit=energy by the way?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Aquasnake posted:

Someone mentioned that they got rid of the first person view for getting into titans earlier and it made me think, They've been pretty cool guys so far about changing all the things that people suggested from TF1. What if some people just asked them nicely if they could add them back in? The way viewpoints work in game coding I think it might be simple to do and they could just add a toggle in settings for it. I'm not a huge social media person but if someone wanted to start a movement their might be a chance.

They're probably gonna monetize the game through paid cosmetics, which is likely a big part of why the animations cut to third person in the first place.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I wish it was harder to blow up the transport, like it was in TF1. There it was rare enough to feel special, now it happens almost every game.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

faantastic posted:

Jumping on TF2 craze tonight on XB1. What guns/loadouts should I whore out?

The EPG, because everybody else plays a more regular shooter while you're playing Tribes.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 9, 2016

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
drat, Softball's a great primary and a decent anti titan weapon. Just don't get caught reloading, though it is interruptible.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Geight posted:

So wait, is story mode Ash different from multiplayer Ash?
According to the blurb, it says she was rebuilt after what happened to her in the story, so kind of but kind of not?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Yodzilla posted:

Pop a Stim and get in people's faces and don't aim down sights.
Any gun I have to ADS with is a gun I'm not interested in. :colbert:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Anyone know how to use the Cold War? It seems kind of weak to me. I've only just started using it but it looks like you've got to hit with every shot in the burst to kill someone, it doesn't have a lot of splash, and of course its trigger is on a charge. I've loved all the other grenadier weapons, so I'd like to make this one work too.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I like the addition of Reapers, since they're scary on foot and serve to keep you moving. In other words

ethanol posted:

Imo something that kills goons should be buffed not nerfed

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

PlushCow posted:

So for ranking up in this game, how does it work? get to Rank 50 (100?) then roll back to Rank 1? Im in the mid ~20's right now and sometimes when I get killed on the enemy's card I see "Level ##" and sometimes it's like "G 3.12", does that mean they rolled over from max rank twice?

Yup. It's optional though, so if you want to keep all of your unlocked weapons and doodads you can just stay at 50 forever, or until you've unlocked everything you want with cold, hard cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

In Training posted:

I wouldn't call multi million sales "barely a blip"

Source?