Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

PageMaster posted:

Was also gone for 6 months without a computer. What's going on with multiplayer? Skimming news articles of looks like some hackers did some stuff and multiplayer is all but impossible now? Or is it only some days? I know I haven't been able to load for 2 days now; I joined during the great steam sale influx of players and it was super fun and it's a shame if you can't play anymore...

Only some days, I was able to play a few days last week, but the attacks have picked back up this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Kind of a brilliant move to force the devs hand. Tons of articles popped up and now they have to actually do something.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

How are the servers lately? still disconnecting from DDoS?

Matches are stable but you'll occasionally be dropped while waiting for the next match.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Someone got into the GeForce Now Database and found a placeholder for Titanfall 3 and a couple of other games.

Not saying it's real, but it would be nice!

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Wilko posted:

It's listed as titanfall3_apex_legends in the actual leaked data, so it's just Apex rather than a proper TTF 3 :(

It could also be a double feature considering it's the same engine, and this could be the story (Fall of Gridiron) that links the Titanfall series to the events of Apex.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Stan Taylor posted:

Yeah I really don’t get what people are backlashing against here lol.

Some people just want non-descript military mans fighting a brutal war where giant robots rip pilots out of machines and squeeze them till they pop.

They don't want D.Va cutely voicing 'meow meow' while flashing the peace sign and shooting baddies.

I get the annoyance with character shooters because zaniness always creeps in, but I would be fine if TF3 had player characters that were closer to the faction-leaders of TF2.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’ll be a Tribes game, actually.

TribesFall would be the best crossover considering it's already halfway there.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Scared the crap out of some pilot that was stuck in a dual with a teammate. Dudes were going back and forth for like a minute trying to shoot each other and I ran up and executed the guy with Inner Pieces.

Said he screamed when his character unexpectedly exploded.

Dead game is good game.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Apex dropped a small story that actually references Titanfall pilots (and includes a passing shot of an Titan)

Check it out here: https://youtu.be/JRRJQp2Bdwo

It also clears up any confusion with the planet Gridiron, spoiler: the whole planet is carpet-bombed.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Field Mousepad posted:

They need to ride the Apex wave and make tf3 with characters from the game instead of regular pilots. Just have the mechs sort of look like them and have upgraded abilities/ passives

This is pretty much what the TF2 story
ending was implying:

Jack Cooper murdered all of Blisk's elite pilots. Blisk starts the Apex games to find the best and most intelligent fighters to replace his stock.

His mercenary squad is literally called The Apex Predators.

If/when TF3 happens, I imagine we'll see the results of the Apex games. Unless it's the story of Gridiron.

Tetrabor fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 11, 2022

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Herstory Begins Now posted:

it made the game a lot better (albeit yeah I imagine it just demolished the devs idea of how the game would play) and iirc you could take like 5 seconds to trivially install a txt file in the install directory that let you just hold down space to ski, but yeah when stuff like that comes out it needs to be incorporated asap into the base game or you rapidly end up with a situation where half of the playerbase is missing vital parts of the movement toolkit

It's still too complex a concept for the average gamer to learn. Tribes: Ascend incorporated sliding from the get-go and yet pubbies legged it across the map.

These days, there's a movement skill ceiling in modern games that corresponds to what you can do on a controller, get too complex/fast and players will skip it.
Which is probably why we'll never see another Unreal Tourney.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Tetrabor posted:

It's still too complex a concept for the average gamer to learn. Tribes: Ascend incorporated sliding from the get-go and yet pubbies legged it across the map.

These days, there's a movement skill ceiling in modern games that corresponds to what you can do on a controller, get too complex/fast and players will skip it.
Which is probably why we'll never see another Unreal Tourney or Titanfall.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I miss FPS games with set weapons and not an enormous line up of weaponry you need to spend weeks unlocking along with further weeks grinding to unlock the attachments to try and make them as good as the ones being used to kill you over and over.

I just want to play an FPS that's accessible pretty much straight away, no added nonsense to try and artificially extend playtime...

Titanfall 2 is so good it absolutely has ruined anything else since for me.

Level progression/unlock culture hits so many serotonin/dopamine receptors that we'll probably never see the old days of one and done in AAA titles.

Grind forever kiddos!

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

sticksy posted:

I think I’ve bought this game like 4 times now for every platform I owned in some dorky attempt to show my support

Respawn probably used this money to create a weapon reskin that costs $160 to acquire.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Nearly every game ever made feels stilted compared to Titanfall 2 tho.

Imo Source Engine and GoldSRC have always been the king of FPS movement, Titanfall adding wall-running to that was icing on the cake.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Spitfire is such a fun and rage inducing gun. Nothing like the entire enemy team desperately trying to dislodge you from your spot.

I like to combine it with the Smart Pistol so the movement-kiddies also rage out.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

EAs gonna announce Titanfall GO! for mobile, aren't they.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

only if they keep using modified Source or Source 2 imo

They should also use the volumetric smoke from CS2 for the Electric Smoke. It'd be so badass to see a Titan dashing through it, leaving a massive hole before filling in.

For ref:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDDnvAr6gGI

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

It'd make more sense if it was some Tone rockets, a railgun round, or really any Titan sized weaponry.

Totally agree that it's dumb for bullets though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

New Titanfall* movie trailer with Jennifer Lopez in an Atlas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_uFgmH_kfQ

*Not Titanfall