Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Remember Brian Boyko? He had a short lived but spectacular run here, trying to drum up support for some dumb professor who had some dumb theory of government that would totez work this time y'all trust me, and then we all found out that Brian didn't realize that using your real name on the internet is a bad idea (me being the exception)?

Well guess what everyone, Brian is back and he's mad! Mad about things on the internet! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brian-boyko/i-am-currently-frothing-a_b_10403742.html

So you don't have to sully your precious browser history with the filthy Huffington Post

Brian Boyko's got some poo poo to say! posted:

So, it looks like Hillary Clinton will be the Democratic nominee. There was some (super-slim) hope that the Democratic superdelegates might actually want to win an election and vote for the guy who can, but with Obama endorsing Clinton, that ain’t happening.

So now, I’m angry. Practically frothing at the mouth with blind, impotent rage. Impotent, naturally, because it’s very clear from the results of this election - from the process of this election, that in the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t matter what you do, American Democracy just doesn’t work.

It used to be a punchline on the Simpsons, now it’s political reality.

In America, the most corrupt are the most likely to get elected. Need we any other proof than looking at our two nominees this year?

I mean, for Bernie Sanders — Bernie Sanders for Christ’s sake — to have almost beaten someone with all the big money, corporate ties, name recognition of Clinton? Bernie Sanders should have been an also-ran, like Martin O’Malley or Jim Webb. But he almost succeeded, not just because there’s a sizable group of Americans who really do see how the one issue that is blocking progress on all issues is political corruption, but also because Clinton is human garbage.

But that’s not what made me really angry. I mean, say what you want about Clinton, at the very least you could say that she won the popular vote, and despite all the thumbs on her side of the scale, it wouldn’t have been possible if Democratic voters were just a little more informed and a little more intelligent.

No, what made me really angry, what made me frothing at the mouth angry, what made me yelling at random squirrels angry, was Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s endorsement of Clinton.

Especially since it would have been very easy for her to just not endorse anyone. Instead, someone who was once the “darling” of the “Sanders-Warren” wing, and someone who was my particular first choice for President, has betrayed everything we thought she stood for. Her endorsement has done nothing to convince progressives that Clinton is in any way shape or form anything but everything we’ve opposed from the moment we got in politics. All it did was lower our esteem of Sen. Warren. I don’t mind that maybe someone working three jobs and raising two kids on a G.E.D. doesn’t have time to really understand the issues at play here. But Sen. Warren should drat well know better.

I guess I don’t understand why Democrats can call out Paul Ryan for holding out for weeks before endorsing Donald Trump, when we can’t even have our own people saying: “This isn’t right. She doesn’t stand for what the Democratic Party stands for.” Well, I guess that’s because, de facto, the Democratic party does stand for corruption, regulatory capture, graft, and cheating simply because you can get away with it. Just like the Republican Party now stands for overt racism, belligerence, totalitarianism, and the advocation of war crimes.

The problem is that the Clinton wing of the Democratic party, the Establishment wing, has assumed that (like Republicans) all Democrats will rally around their candidate simply because the opposition put up someone completely unacceptable.

So, our choices this year are between a corrupt shill who has conned their way into the top levels of the public psyche while doing nothing to help people along the way, who will do anything and say anything to get elected, no matter who it hurts, who refuses to think the rules apply to them and who has a complete lack of common decency, someone who perfectly embodies everything I got into politics to oppose… and Donald Trump.

This may just be the red-mist speaking, but I really don’t think Sanders supporters will show up at the polls for Clinton. I don’t think Sanders supporters would show up for Clinton if she were drowning and we were all holding life preservers.

Which probably means President Trump will have his hands on the nuclear button by this time next year.

At this point, I’m willing to listen to anybody who can provide a way out of this false dichotomy between the worst man in the world and the worst woman in the world being our only two choices. Amend the constitution sometime in the next couple of months to prohibit them by name from holding office? Give Alex Trebek unlimited power until we can re-establish a democratic form of government that works? Say: “Just kidding about all that Revolution stuff” and return all lands and holdings to our rightful dominion, the Queen Elizabeth the second of the United Kingdom?

Because if there’s one thing that this election year has proven, it’s this: We, as Americans, are incapable of the knowledge and wisdom it takes to govern ourselves.

It'd be easy to call this satire if we didn't know better. poo poo Post is absolutely the proper tag for this and if it's not here automatically please put it there.

This might be in one of the other threads around here but Brian Boyko was such a special boy around here it deserves its own thread.:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
His ideas seem well thought out and are reasonable TBQH

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
So now, I'm angry. Practically frothing at the mouth with blind, impotent rage.

Chelb has issued a correction as of 00:34 on Jun 14, 2016

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Brian Boyko being the berniest BernieBro to ever have Berned is the least surprising thing I've read in a while

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

quote:

So now, I’m angry. Practically frothing at the mouth with blind, impotent rage.

can't stop laughing

send help

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
For all that I shake my fist at him for over playing his suspiciously white hand too soon,

Send up the SedanChair signal.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Boyko's a BernOut? drat...

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
I take solace in knowing that, since this is the Huffington Post, he didn't get paid money to write this

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
He's right.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
LOL but he's also a fat nerd so his opinion is invalid LMAO he is overweight

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Rollofthedice posted:

So now, I'm angry. Practically frothing at the mouth with blind, impotent rage.

Hello, Newman.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I don't know who this guy is, and I'm sure I don't want to.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Mister Adequate posted:

I don't know who this guy is, and I'm sure I don't want to.

huh, I'm surprised he doesn't have an SAclopedia entry.

I'm pretty sure his thread was goldmined I'm gonna see if I can find it

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Necc0 posted:

huh, I'm surprised he doesn't have an SAclopedia entry.

I'm pretty sure his thread was goldmined I'm gonna see if I can find it

Way ahead of you.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3634476&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
lol found it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3634476

edit: :argh:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
what would brian boyko do if he were here right now?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

A CRUNK BIRD agrees with Brian Boyko. drat. hosed up.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
someone's a red hot potato tonight

Dreylad posted:

would he still gently caress a horse or two
is that what brian boyko'd do

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Dreylad posted:

"Okay, rough landing."

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
"bernie supporters need their own stonewall riots" - boyko, probably

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.
Holy poo poo

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Just when I thought this election couldn't get any better.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Haha, are you fat too? :iamafag:

(He's not entirely wrong, though Hillary will probably win.)

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Wasn't he in the Draft Biden camp last time D&D checked in with him?

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

LOL but he's also a fat nerd so his opinion is invalid LMAO he is overweight

A smart way to live.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Has Brian Boyko and HA Goodman been seen in the same room before?

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
One of the persistent ironies of this election has been that the naive idealists, unhinged ranters and crazy conspiracy theorists are, in their own crazy ways, hitting closer to the mark than the more superficially calm and wonkish people who seem to have convinced themselves they've got everything figured out.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

He's no HA Goodman.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I just realized I've been misreading his name for two years. I thought it was Brian Byoko, like that weird French anime my friends all watched while getting high.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lessig is a legit dude.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Thanks to the goons who provided information about the guy I explicitly said I didn't care to learn more about. (Just playing, I'll have a look at his thread and have some laughs, so sincere thanks :v:)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jack Gladney posted:

Lessig is a legit dude.

he's a legit crazy man

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tatum Girlparts posted:

he's a legit crazy man

I rather liked him before he vanished entirely up his own rear end in a top hat, but that is a major job risk of academia. :ohdear:

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Bernie is a hell of a drug.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Alright Bernouts, now Boyko is on your side. I hope you're ready for all that entails.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Schnorkles posted:

Alright Bernouts, now Boyko is on your side. I hope you're ready for all that entails.

we're gonna need a MLP version of Bernie stat

actually please don't do that ever at all

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Schnorkles posted:

(it's ponyfucking)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

chaos rhames posted:

Hello, Newman.

*Brian Boyko enters his selection on the voting machine*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3PrSj9XEu4

• Locked thread